Author Topic: I Gotta Know!  (Read 15661 times)

Badlands Walker

Re: I Gotta Know!
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2005, 11:55:50 AM »
What'd she say? :o

Shoshone Slim

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2005, 12:26:28 PM »
BW, go to the Home Page, scroll down to "Members List"  click on it and then go to page 19.

Page 19 Members List

A society decides what it will and will not be tolerated thus setting it's mores.  Harm whether intended or not can be inflicted with the mere casual posting of the alias in question. To try and justify or rationalize an offensive act is ridiculous to the absurd.  I as a survivor of molestation take great offense to this alias.  This alias isn't funny.  I would and will shun any such person and cast doubt as to the depth of their character and also for that matter anyone who would defend such a tasteless act.

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2005, 12:35:30 PM »
BW, go to the Home Page, scroll down to "Members List"  click on it and then go to page 19.

Page 19 Members List

A society decides what it will and will not be tolerated thus setting it's mores.  Harm whether intended or not can be inflicted with the mere casual posting of the alias in question. To try and justify or rationalize an offensive act is ridiculous to the absurd.  I as a survivor of molestation take great offense to this alias.  This alias isn't funny.  I would and will shun any such person and cast doubt as to the depth of their character and also for that matter anyone who would defend such a tasteless act.

And so, without knowing anything about the person, Shoshone Slim projects his relativism onto the stranger and not only condemns this unknown, but will deride him or her and will do the same for anyone who says that this person is allowed to post.

Interesting.

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 05:47:10 PM »

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2005, 01:06:04 PM »
Yanno, could be they had something in mind to do with Lester Moore's epitaph.

"Here lies Lester Moore, four slugs from a .44, no less, no more."

Maybe since Lester More in No More they wanted to be Mo' Lester, or More Lester.

Just a thought but it sounds like something that I might do trying to be clever and come up with something that people take entirely out of context and in ways that I never thought about.

Howdy, Cammie!

Or... it could be based on the comic strip created by Michael H. Price in the early 70's featuring Price's redneck-lawman character, Constable Moe Lester.

;)

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

Shoshone Slim

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2005, 01:14:41 PM »

Page 19 Members List

And so, without knowing anything about the person, Shoshone Slim projects his relativism onto the stranger and not only condemns this unknown, but will deride him or her and will do the same for anyone who says that this person is allowed to post.

Interesting.

AnnieLee

Yes you are absolutely dead on right Annie.  For some one to take that alias tells me all that I need to know about them and speaks volumes as far as I'm concerned about the character or should I say the lack of character of anyone who would defend them.  Could they find redemption in my eyes?  Sure but it wouldn't be easy. 

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2005, 01:39:40 PM »
Shoshone, if it bothers you so bad why don't you e-mail them and let them know about it.  Their e-mail address is in their profile.

moe at comcast dot net
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2005, 01:40:46 PM »
It would be too funny if that was the guy's real name and his parents just had a really sick sense if humor.   ;D
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Shoshone Slim

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2005, 02:07:11 PM »
I have sent the email and the fact that anyone would find this to be an acceptable  alias on this board is beyond pathetic.  And no it wouldn't be funny if this were their parents sick and I do mean sick sense of humor.

Maybe I'll change my posting alias to  Nig R. Hater or Abe Ore Shunist or Bea Itch Slapper or Ped O'File.

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2005, 02:24:44 PM »
I think that it is funny that you assume that people find it to be acceptable.  I don't see where anyone said that.

It was pointed out that it could have been an innocent mistake though. 

I myself would not have seen the name and put it together if someone had not pointed it out.
― Clint Eastwood

Shoshone Slim

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2005, 02:33:04 PM »
I guess that I mistook passive acceptance by defensive rationalization as condoning this alias as acceptable when in reality it's just not taking a public stand.  My sincere apologies.  By the way here is a direct and simple yes or no question... do you think that this alias is acceptable?

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2005, 02:50:50 PM »
Shoshone, you have been trying to insult me ever since my first post on this matter.  I took a public stand against a lynch mob that automatically assumed that just because they interpreted that name one way meant that the original creator of the name meant for it to be interpreted that way.

I don't consider that to be "passive acceptance by defensive rationalization".

No, I don't consider the name to be appropiate but I don't consider it to be appropiate to string someone up when you have no idea what their meaning was either.  And I really don't consider it to be appropiate for you to be TRYING to insult people left and right on this thread because they pointed out that you are jumping to conclusions based upon your perception of something.

As far as I am concerned that is all that I have to say on the matter.
― Clint Eastwood

Shoshone Slim

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2005, 03:01:32 PM »
I guess that I mistook passive acceptance by defensive rationalization as condoning this alias as acceptable when in reality it's just not taking a public stand.  My sincere apologies.

Maybe I should have worded my previous quote as:

"I guess that I mistook what I perceived as passive acceptance by defensive rationalization as condoning this alias as acceptable when in reality it's just not taking a public stand.  I was mistaken and I offer my sincere apologies."

I did indeed offer you a sincere apology for my mistake, now whether you accept that apology or not is up to you. Also, if Moe ever feels the need to clear this up and it appears to be one of the many innocent reasons put forth here then that will be worked out between the two of us and if it's warrented I will publicly apologize at the top of my lungs.  My karma is clear and that's all that I have to say.

Badlands Walker

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2005, 03:14:24 PM »
Maybe I'll change my posting alias to  Nig R. Hater or Abe Ore Shunist or Bea Itch Slapper or Ped O'File. :D ;D

Damn Slim, I ain't laughed that hard in a coon's age! ;) :D

Badlands Walker

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2005, 03:19:58 PM »
 By the way here is a direct and simple yes or no question... do you think that this alias is acceptable?

NOT! >:(  NO!  >:(  NADA!  >:(  NYET!  >:(  NINE!  >:(  and ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! 8)

JMHO! ;)

Book Miser

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2005, 03:51:35 PM »
Shoshone, you have been trying to insult me ever since my first post on this matter. 

Slim is not one to muck around with subtleties when it comes to rendering an insult. I think that just because you interpreted his words one way meant that he meant for them to be interpreted that way.

As far as I am concerned that is all that I have to say on the matter.

Please, God, let that be true!  ;D

Badlands Walker

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2005, 04:37:17 PM »
FOOF FIGHT!  FOOD FIGHT! ;) :D

Book Miser

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2005, 04:43:16 PM »
 :-X

Badlands Walker

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2005, 05:03:12 PM »
I thought you might enjoy that one Book! ;)

Shoshone Slim

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2005, 05:03:30 PM »
I'm pretty sure that my pard Badlands can attest to my ability to insult. ;) :D ;D :P :-*

Badlands Walker

« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2005, 05:04:15 PM »
Excellent job my friend!  Excellent job! ;) :D ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com