Author Topic: Revolver hammers question  (Read 1872 times)

Offline Bugscuffle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Revolver hammers question
« on: May 27, 2011, 09:01:43 PM »
I read the rules for revolvers, and it says that lowered and widened hammers are legal. My question is, do these lowered and widened hammers have to be something that is already available or can I modify the hammers on my SAA .45.s to a more comfortable angle? Right now they are so tall that I have trouble reaching up to them with my thumbs, and there is no way i'm going to be able to hold down the trigger and fan the hammer with my off-hand thumb. The serations on top of the hammer are like sawteeth. It says that Bisley hammers are NOT legal on non Bisley frames, and what I want to end up with would to look a whole lot like a Bisley hammer on an SAA. Can I modify or not?
I will no longer respond to the rants of the small minded that want to sling mud rather than discuss in an adult manner.

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: Revolver hammers question
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 09:47:22 PM »
The rule provides: "Ruger Super Blackhawk/Montado style revolver hammers (i.e. lowered and widened
hammers) are acceptable on both adjustable and fixed sight model revolvers.  The key word is "style" otherwise the only ones that could change hammers would be Ruger owners.  So, modifying your hammer to change its style is OK.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com