Author Topic: Best Sharps Club  (Read 4159 times)

Offline Patrick Henry Brown

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Best Sharps Club
« on: May 24, 2011, 09:49:02 AM »
A place for those who feel the need to rag everyone else about their "inferior" purchases. Have at it, pards!!!! ::) ::)

Offline Lumpy Grits

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Best Sharps Club
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 10:53:16 AM »
Why, how "adult" of you ::)
"Best Sharps Club" is ANY Sharps made in the U.S.A. and NOT imported!  :-*
Cheers,
LG
'Hav'n you along-Is like loose'n 2 good men'

Offline Ranch 13

• Top Active Citizen
    • Historic Shooting.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 11:23:48 AM »
Best Sharps happens to be the one you have in your hands at the moment, with bonus points awarded to the USA made rifles... ;)
Eat more beef the west wasn't won on a salad.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:10:46 PM »

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 08:58:15 AM »
 ;D

Right on, Ranch!
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Ranch 13

• Top Active Citizen
    • Historic Shooting.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 10:00:11 AM »
 Thanks..
 Are you getting along alright with your Sharps, or did you give up on it and move on to biggernbetter things?

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 02:50:24 PM »
With six Shiloh rifles on the rack ( a mix of Farmingdales, transitionals and 'B' prefix), I can assure you that I've had some problems with them that needed to be corrected.
All save one were 'previously owned', the last being my first personal order. It was back in the box and on it's way to Big Timber the week I got it. The problems have graciously been addressed by the good folks at Shiloh and I expect to see it sometime this summer.
I also shipped them a couple of my Farmingdale locks for work and a Farmingdale breechblock for fitting of a new gas plate.

Previously, I shipped them a couple of my large pin 'dog leg' breechblocks in exchange for new small diameter modern blocks.
I suffered my first ever misfires with those blocks and asked nicely for the return of my old blocks. No more misfires. Lest you think it was just me, MLV once wrote about the same problem.

In the meantime, I have admired several 'cheap Sharps' owned by pals, including a Gemmer model (no longer made) that is downrigth beautiful! Well finished, great wood-to-metal fit, no rounded edges on barrel flats, etc. Do they shoot? You bet!
Looking down on them just isn't 'Cowboy'.
Same for guns made in Japan. I've got an '86 and my wife both shoot B-92s. I'll stack them against a lot of US made products any day of the week.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline Yellowhouse Sam

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 03:20:44 PM »
No argument on the Miroku's.....they are a class act.  Just lacking in barrel/caliber options.  I'd like to see them get into the Sharps/Roller market.
SASS #25171
NRA
Retarred and Member of KMA
SBSS
"Sammy done his da**ndest, Angels could do no more" (From lyrics of Andy Wilkinson"

Offline Ranch 13

• Top Active Citizen
    • Historic Shooting.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 03:25:51 PM »
 Speaks volumes about the Shiloh folks. Here we have a large selection of old rifles and you not being the original owner and they still were happy to try and address you concerns with the rifles.
 It took me 2 weeks, cost over 50$ to get a trigger sear for my Taylors rifle and it took over 2 hours of careful fitting to get the thing to ever begin to work..... :-\ And I am the original owner of that rifle and had owned it less than a year when the lock fell apart..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com