Author Topic: CDNN Factory tuned "Puma Westerner" and Heritage Big Bore  (Read 9315 times)

Offline axwhipmaker

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
CDNN Factory tuned "Puma Westerner" and Heritage Big Bore
« on: December 28, 2010, 10:52:38 AM »
I am doing my research on Cowboy guns - and while there is a lot of information out on the Cimmarrons, the Ubertis and the Vaquero I would like some real experience with either the "factory tuned" Puma Westerner or the Heritage Big Bore. What I have read so far was all positive but I would like to find out more..

I am not yet looking to do more then some plinking  and "leisurely" shooting - mainly with light .38/357 handloads. No competition yet.

I run my own business that keeps me on my toes 24/7 - so getting out to an event to "feel" some guns is not impossible but very difficult.
I also need to move on it - before my wife realizes there is still money left in my slash fund, lol.

Thank you,

Axel

Offline Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live To Fight Another Day
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: CDNN Factory tuned "Puma Westerner" and Heritage Big Bore
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 11:38:30 AM »

Can't help you with those brands, but I will say hanging on to your stash and keeping it from the better half, is a skill and sport all its own, good luck.

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Offline axwhipmaker

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 02:46:08 PM »
@10 wolves
The words to look out for are - "I would like a new curtain for...." I have many top shelf guns hanging over my windows, lol

CDNN is out of the Pumas of course - should have checked earlier. New question - any ideas about the Heritage big bore??

Thanks,

Axel

Advertising

Offline dogngun

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 01:44:19 PM »
I had an older stainless steel Pietta SAA revolver-they make the Pumas. I replaced the center pin with a tighter one from Brownells, and I found it extremely accurate-they are very good quality and mine had a near perfect trigger and smoothness. Of coures, I sold it.
I have been shooting SAA's and other single actions for several decades for fun, not in competition, and I liked the Piettas very much.
 If CDNN gets any more of them, I'd jump.
FWIW, any of their  Westerner models would be great, IMO.

mark

Offline Trooper Zeke

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 01:57:26 PM »
I bought 2 of the Factory Tuned Westerners from CDNN in .357, they were even able to give me consequetive serial #'s. Very nicely done Fire Hardened Finish with Checkered Walnut Grips. Very Very Light trigger pull and smooth cocking actions. They have coil spring hand springs. I replaced the cylinder pins with a US Firearms part because I didn't care for the Safety Notch in the standard pin. The weapon is made by Pietta in Italy. Several thousand rounds thru each of mine now with no problems very very satisified with the pair of them.

Offline lethal larry

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 12:44:09 PM »
I have a pair of the puma Westerners and like them a lot. I have a friend who also bought a pair the same day and she loves hers too. No idea about the Heritage revolvers though.
Good luck.
"Clinging to" my Wife, Guns, Bible, cats and goat... and proud of it!

Offline J.D. Goodguy

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 10:22:20 PM »
I have a Heritage Big Bore in .45, stainless, 7 and 1/2 inch barrel.  Very accurate right out of the box.  Shot to point of aim without any filing of the front sight.  Very slick out of the box and have had no problems with this pistol.  Buy what fits your hand and you like the looks and feel and then shoot it a bunch.   JIM

Offline Bear Claw Chris Lappe

• Citizen
  • Heritage Arms 45 Colt
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 04:56:19 PM »
I've got a Heritage Arms Big Bore 5 1/2" in 45 Colt, and it is a great pistol, VERY accurate.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com