Author Topic: A Bit Of History  (Read 1986 times)

Offline Shotgun Franklin

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
A Bit Of History
« on: December 18, 2010, 07:47:03 PM »
Ya'll realize that today is the day Texas Rangers 'rescued' Cynthia Ann Parker from the Comanches?
Yes, I do have more facial hair now.

Offline Trailrider

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Gunfighter Zone
  • Liked:
Re: A Bit Of History
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 09:55:43 PM »
Ya'll realize that today is the day Texas Rangers 'rescued' Cynthia Ann Parker from the Comanches?

What a tragedy was purpatrated on her in the name of wasichu "morality" (sorry, I don't speak any Comanche...just a few words of Lakota).
Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

Offline Claypipe

• Mighty Cautious
  • Very Active Citizen
  • They're not dead, till there's one in the head.
    • Medieval Gonne Works
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 08:57:34 AM »
What a tragedy was purpatrated on her in the name of wasichu "morality" (sorry, I don't speak any Comanche...just a few words of Lakota).

Comanche for white man is tosa taiboo, Toe-sa tie-bow. The word for  woman is waiʔiʔpʉ , Wah-E-pa.

No, my People are not the Comanche. But if you know where to look, you will find that the Native Peoples of North America are making great use of the Internet.

If you want to learn and hear words of the Comanche, visit their online dictionary:
http://www.comanchemuseum.com/dictionary

Or their National Museum and Cultural Center:
http://www.comanchemuseum.com/about-the-museum.aspx

CP
Vergiss nie heimat wo deine Wiege stand Du findest in der fremde kein zweites heimalland

Never forget home where your cradle was. You won't find a second home country in a foreign country

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:49:40 PM »

Offline Trailrider

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Gunfighter Zone
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 10:04:06 AM »
Comanche for white man is tosa taiboo, Toe-sa tie-bow. The word for  woman is waiʔiʔpʉ , Wah-E-pa.

No, my People are not the Comanche. But if you know where to look, you will find that the Native Peoples of North America are making great use of the Internet.

If you want to learn and hear words of the Comanche, visit their online dictionary:
http://www.comanchemuseum.com/dictionary

Or their National Museum and Cultural Center:
http://www.comanchemuseum.com/about-the-museum.aspx

CP

Claypipe,
Thanks for the info.  I got interested in the Northern Plains tribes' culture some time ago while researching the situation surrounding the Big Horn & Yellowstone Expedition of 1876 (especially Crook's column and the Rosebud battle), as related to a young civilian employee of the QM Dept.  I picked up some CD's with very basic Lakota, but unfortunately other things have kept me away from the subject for several years.  As you probably know, if you don't use it, you lose it.

Again, thanks! Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy & Prosperous New Year!
Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

Offline Shotgun Franklin

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 05:44:36 PM »
When I was pre-school I could speak a little Cherokee, knew at least 100 words and phrases and could count to 10. I lost it all over the years.
Yes, I do have more facial hair now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com