Author Topic: Making Your own BP illegal?  (Read 2341 times)

Offline delmar

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Making Your own BP illegal?
« on: October 14, 2010, 08:28:59 PM »

I played a bit with making my own BP about a year ago, but somebody on another forum told me that the law change in Feb 2010 and it is no longer legal to make your own. Anybody know about a change?

Offline Shotgun Franklin

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Making Your own BP illegal?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 09:20:51 PM »
Could be but call ATF to see for sure. When I was a kid we made lots of BP and other things.From memory I'd say getting the size pieces is the hardest part.
Yes, I do have more facial hair now.

Offline Fiddler Green

• Top Active Citizen
  • Defender of all things fun!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 09:51:36 PM »
I played a bit with making my own BP about a year ago, but somebody on another forum told me that the law change in Feb 2010 and it is no longer legal to make your own. Anybody know about a change?

It would have to be a state or county law. I would chack with them...but, I highly doubt it.

Bruce

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:10:45 AM »

Offline hellgate

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 11:56:27 PM »
I think it could be considered to be manufacturing an explosive. We'll see what others say who know where to look for the legal info.
"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
Wolverton Mt. Peacekeepers
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992

Offline Drayton Calhoun

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 01:43:23 PM »
I think it could be considered to be manufacturing an explosive. We'll see what others say who know where to look for the legal info.
Per your statement about the number of guns, we are in the same boat, wife isn't sure how many I have, I am a lucky man! LOL
The first step of becoming a good shooter is knowing which end the bullet comes out of and being on the other end.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com