Author Topic: Restrictions on Long Range Rifles?  (Read 2652 times)

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Restrictions on Long Range Rifles?
« on: October 02, 2010, 10:38:33 PM »
I have been shooting the pistols/shotgun and rifles on the pistol ranges, and would like to move on to the long range shoots...

I have always wanted a rolling block , but would rather have it set up for 30-30.

Is that an authorized round for long range shoots?

I never see them sold used ... that tells me one of two things ... they are either non-legal for competition or they are so much fun no one wants to sell them. Which one of these two options is true?
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Offline Pancho Peacemaker

• NCOWS Texican Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #3120, SASS #75813
    • Pancho's Videos
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Restrictions on Long Range Rifles?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 01:34:53 PM »
30-30 (aka .30 WCF) is an 1895 cartridge so it is recognized by both SASS and NCOWS as an approved cartridge for long distance competition.

All that said, you will need to see what local club regulations dictate.  Every club's "long distance" set up is different and most clubs will have local regulations set up that are particular to their range distance and available targets.
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com