Author Topic: Sci-Fi Movie about the Alamo?  (Read 4621 times)

Offline Drayton Calhoun

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Sci-Fi Movie about the Alamo?
« on: September 29, 2010, 05:06:41 PM »
 Does anyone here remember a movie that came out in the late '80s about a Texas National Guard unit that gets transported back in time to the Battle of the Alamo? I saw the VHS years ago and intended to rent it for chuckles, but never got around to it. Now, I don't remember the title.
The first step of becoming a good shooter is knowing which end the bullet comes out of and being on the other end.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
Re: Sci-Fi Movie about the Alamo?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 05:52:37 PM »
Missed that one ..Saw one on Twilight Zone  an Army Sherman Tank and Crew on a training junket find themselves at the Little Big Horn...They hear shooting leaving the Tank behind climb the hill , and in the end their names are inscribed on the Monument to the Custer Fight.
The tank is found abandoned.
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Drayton Calhoun

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 06:01:45 PM »
Remember the episode of the Time Tunnel about the Alamo? I believe it showed Travis when he was shot sporting a pair of plated Peacemakers. Altered time...altered reality, lol
The first step of becoming a good shooter is knowing which end the bullet comes out of and being on the other end.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:24:16 AM »

Offline hawkeye2

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 02:20:13 PM »
       How about the one where Elvis played Davie Crockett in a buckskin jump suit, Travis was a Vulcan and Bowie was a Klingon.  I think I remember seeing it on TV at a party in the late 60s.

Offline Drayton Calhoun

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 10:45:23 PM »
       How about the one where Elvis played Davie Crockett in a buckskin jump suit, Travis was a Vulcan and Bowie was a Klingon.  I think I remember seeing it on TV at a party in the late 60s.
Timothy Leary wouldn't have been the host, would he? LOL

Offline Harley Starr

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 11:40:38 PM »
Missed that one ..Saw one on Twilight Zone  an Army Sherman Tank and Crew on a training junket find themselves at the Little Big Horn...They hear shooting leaving the Tank behind climb the hill , and in the end their names are inscribed on the Monument to the Custer Fight.
The tank is found abandoned.

That was one of my favorites.
A work in progress.

Offline Durango Flinthart

• Top Active Citizen
  • Forty miles a day on beans and hay...
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 09:19:02 AM »
"The 7th is made up of Phantoms" season 5, episode 130, The Twilight Zone
As a child I grew up on a diet of Warner Brother Westerns, shows like TZ scared me but this episode always fascinated me. I love the scene where the tank crew goes over the hill to join Custer's command carrying M1 carbines and 1911s.

Rod Serling's closing tag
“ Sergeant William Connors, Trooper Michael McCluskey, and Trooper Richard Langsford, who on a hot afternoon in June made a charge over a hill - and never returned. Look for this one under 'P' for phantom, in a historical ledger located in a reading room known as the Twilight Zone."
When the cambrian measures were forming they promised purpetual peace. They swore if we gave up our weapons the wars of the tribes, they would cease, but when we disarmed they enslaved us and delivered us bound to our foe and the Gods of the copybook headings said, "Stick to the devil you know." Kipling

Offline Holden A. Grudge

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 11:48:07 AM »
"The 7th is made up of Phantoms" season 5, episode 130, The Twilight Zone
As a child I grew up on a diet of Warner Brother Westerns, shows like TZ scared me but this episode always fascinated me. I love the scene where the tank crew goes over the hill to join Custer's command carrying M1 carbines and 1911s.

Rod Serling's closing tag
“ Sergeant William Connors, Trooper Michael McCluskey, and Trooper Richard Langsford, who on a hot afternoon in June made a charge over a hill - and never returned. Look for this one under 'P' for phantom, in a historical ledger located in a reading room known as the Twilight Zone."

They shoulda brought the tank

Offline Harley Starr

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 03:30:40 PM »
They shoulda brought the tank

Imagine the look on everyone's faces when they see an M3 Stuart with that pea shooter barkin' fire. :o
A work in progress.

Offline Drayton Calhoun

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 11:39:32 PM »
Crazy Horse to Sitting Bull : "Did you ever have one of those 'Oh Crap!' moments?"

Offline Harley Starr

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2010, 12:21:39 AM »
Crazy Horse to Sitting Bull : "Did you ever have one of those 'Oh Crap!' moments?"

:D :D :D
A work in progress.

Offline hhughh

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2010, 02:55:57 AM »
To put this somewhat back on track, I never saw the film, but the title of the novel is "Remember the Alamo."  I have it around here somewhere; will have to find it.  The book is also available on amazon, but didn't know it had been a movie.

Offline Drayton Calhoun

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2010, 06:41:55 PM »
To put this somewhat back on track, I never saw the film, but the title of the novel is "Remember the Alamo."  I have it around here somewhere; will have to find it.  The book is also available on amazon, but didn't know it had been a movie.
Yep. Rememeber seeing the VHS sleeve, showed several National Guardsmen in front of the chapel with M-16's at the ready with Crockett and Travis beside them I believe.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com