Author Topic: .45-60 1876 Winchester wins the NM State Cowboy Sillhouette Championship  (Read 3664 times)

Offline w44wcf

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
A fellow using a 45-60 Winchester 1876 won the New Mexico Cowboy Slihouette Championship with a score of 55x60.
That's some mighty fine shootin' with a vintage levergun. ;D

This NRA competition is fired from the offhand position at steel:  chickens@ 50 meters / javelina @ 100 meters / turkeys @ 150 meters / rams @ 200 meters.  A 60 shot match is 15 targets at each distance.

Here's a pic of a similar range located in Ridgway, PA

w44wcf

aka Jack Christian SASS 11993 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
aka John Kort
aka w30wcf (smokeless)
NRA Life Member
.22 W.C.F., .30 W.C.F., .44 W.C.F., .45 Colt Cartridge Historian

Offline Grizzly Adams

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: .45-60 1876 Winchester wins the NM State Cowboy Sillhouette Championship
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 10:08:19 AM »
Did you catch his name? :)

The NM State SASS Championship is being held here in Magdalena, NM this coming weekend.  First on the list of events is long range rifle.  We usually have three or four fellas shooting the 1876.
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Veteran!
COMNAVFORV, NRA life, SASS Life, TG, STORM Rider #36.
GAF

Offline w44wcf

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 09:21:05 AM »
Brian is from Pennsylvania. That's how I know him.  He was at the NRA Cowboy Silhouette National Championship at the Whittington Center  then stayed over another week or so and shot the State match.

For those who have an interest, he was using the RCBS 300 gr. bullet over 22/4198.

Pretty neat to have hit the most silhouettes with a vintage levergun. ;D

As an aside note there were some fellows from Australia that attended the NRA National Cowboy Silhouette event.  Leverguns are prominent in Australia.  Anyway, one of them, being a bit humorous, posted this:

"This is just a warning to all you poor Americans, the Australians are coming. We leave for the US on Monday, should be in Raton by Friday. The only thing which you can say is a good thing is that there is only 8 of us coming, some of the most deranged individuals you will ever meet." 
http://www.steelchickens.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4673

w44wcf
aka Jack Christian SASS 11993 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
aka John Kort
aka w30wcf (smokeless)
NRA Life Member
.22 W.C.F., .30 W.C.F., .44 W.C.F., .45 Colt Cartridge Historian

Advertising

Offline Grizzly Adams

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 03:20:22 PM »
Thanks for the additional information! :)

Very cool!  I had missed the part about it being a vintage rifle! ;D
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Veteran!
COMNAVFORV, NRA life, SASS Life, TG, STORM Rider #36.
GAF

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com