Author Topic: Antique Colt...  (Read 4335 times)

Offline Grigori_Storri

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Antique Colt...
« on: July 20, 2010, 06:07:36 AM »
I only have one true antique firearm in my collection and I am not sure if it can be used in side match or not. It is stamped Colt Automatic Calibre 32 rimless smokeless other side has two patented stamps APR.20.1897.DEC.22.1903 the serial number is six digit starting at 21****.

I do know that these were really popular pistols from about 1900- on not sure when they stopped making them. I inherited it after my father death 20 years ago and he recieved it from his Uncle upon his death 40 years ago. When it came to me I took it to a Smith who did some rework new finish and some rework or replace of springs and shear pin on extractor.

Offline Blackpowder Burn

• Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Lightning
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: Antique Colt...
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 07:41:15 AM »
Major,

While I'm sure it's a hoot to shoot, the pistol is not legal in SASS side matches.  The only semi-auto used in SASS is the 1911 for the Wild Bunch category. 
SUBLYME AND HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT
Learned Brother at Armes

Offline Sir Charles deMouton-Black

• THE ANCIENT SUBSTANCE ENDURES - ALL LESSER PROPELLANTS SHALL FIZZLE
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 407
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 09:56:37 AM »
Here's a link for colt autos;

http://www.coltautos.com/

Made about 1905.
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, “History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme.”

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:10:03 PM »

Offline Grigori_Storri

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 03:59:55 AM »
Well Thank you guys. If you saw it it looks just like an almost half scale 1911 minus the hammer and the slide break that stops the slide when the mag is empty. I will wait out the system, oneday she will have a use.

I do remember round ten years ago tho different groups here and there were allowing side matches with broom handle mausers but I only saw it once. They called it the JoeKid match.

Offline St. George

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS , GAF, B.O.L.D., Order of St. George, SOCOM,
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 08:14:30 AM »
The Colt 'Model 1903 Hammerless' was a popular pocket automatic of the post-1900 era - an era that saw numerous advances in technology and firearms design.

The Patent Dates referred to are of the most commonly found - they would change at serial number 11000.

Production ended in 1945 - at serial number 572215.

Vaya,

Scouts Out!

"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Offline Grigori_Storri

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2010, 04:59:29 AM »
Thank you St. George What you have told me really helps I do know that my great uncle purchased it in a hardware store in the 1920's. So as you see it has been in my family for a long time.

Thank you Sir Charles, I looked at the link it helped very much.

But as I said, I will hold out because oneday they may let her in a side match.

Offline Dead I

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 07:07:15 PM »
I only have one true antique firearm in my collection and I am not sure if it can be used in side match or not. It is stamped Colt Automatic Calibre 32 rimless smokeless other side has two patented stamps APR.20.1897.DEC.22.1903 the serial number is six digit starting at 21****.

I do know that these were really popular pistols from about 1900- on not sure when they stopped making them. I inherited it after my father death 20 years ago and he recieved it from his Uncle upon his death 40 years ago. When it came to me I took it to a Smith who did some rework new finish and some rework or replace of springs and shear pin on extractor.

Generally don't refinish old guns. 

Lindberg carried one of these little .32's when he flew the Atlantic.  In 1908 they started making them in .380.  The round was invented for that gun.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com