Author Topic: M79 Reichsrevolver  (Read 19125 times)

Offline Story

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 53
Re: M79 Reichsrevolver
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2010, 10:44:47 AM »
Funny how i wind up pirating my own thread about a German revolver by posting photos of a Smith and Wesson.  :D

SKJ,
I'll join ya, then - here's mine, out of Juarez/El Paso

We can only guess as to what the pearl shirt button inlaid into the grip signifies....

Also, for those of you who own antique S&W breaktops, I recommend researching them via this forum -
http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-antiques/

Offline St. George

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS , GAF, B.O.L.D., Order of St. George, SOCOM,
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2010, 10:59:14 AM »
Look carefully at that 'pearl' button.

It 'might' be glass and has a 'Naughty Lady' photo inside.

Vaya,

Scouts Out!
"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Offline Sir Charles deMouton-Black

• THE ANCIENT SUBSTANCE ENDURES - ALL LESSER PROPELLANTS SHALL FIZZLE
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 407
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2010, 11:15:41 AM »
To re-hijack this thread, here is my m83.  Apparently a civilian model, as it has no provision for a lanyard swivel.
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, “History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme.”

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 09:02:59 PM »

Offline Story

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 53
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2010, 11:16:20 AM »
Meanwhile, back at the Original Topic ... my 1883 Officer's Model (single action, tho).

Works nice with .44 Russian from Powder, Inc.

Offline Gaucho Gringo

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2010, 11:25:28 PM »
They have a LeMat look to me. I have never seen pictures of one and when I saw the pictures that is the first thing that came to my mind.
.357 Taurus Gaucho, .22 Heritage Rough Rider, 2-Pietta 1858 .44 NMA Remingtons, Euroarms & ASM .36 1851 Navies, .31 Uberti Baby Dragoon 4", 12 ga H&R Topper, 16 Ga Western Field, .43 Spanish Remington Rolling Block, .44 Uberti Colt Walker, .36 1862 Pocket Police 2 1\2"

Offline Short Knife Johnson

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2010, 06:52:34 AM »
They do, you are right.  We could call it "European styling."   :D

Offline Pony Racer

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2010, 09:20:14 PM »
I love my 1873 french pistolas.

One is 1886 and the other was rebarreled in 1917 left in 11mm but nitro proofed.

I have spent time researching gun and have shot it with 11mm french ammo.

I plan on having the guns slightly converted to 44 russian - i know why do that to an antique?

Simple i really like em and want to shoot them more.  They are built like tanks and the 44 russian load that I will use is close to the French Marine load for same gun.

The french guns got a bad reputation for blowing up after WWII due to them being brought back and people shooting hot subgun 45call ammo out of them.

A couple local southern va clubs let me shoot them at monthly matches - they are fun and cause lots of onlookers.

I always bring 100+ extra rounds to share!

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Offline Short Knife Johnson

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2010, 11:19:24 PM »
Agreed.  I never much saw the sense in using "belly-button" guns.  I was planning on getting that M79, and passing off the story I obtained it from a German Artillery officer who absconded to the Dominion of Canada to try his luck as a farmer/rancher/fiserman/maple syrup making guy  ;D or whatever.  I just couldn't part with $1250 for a gun I know is only worth $850 to $900... call me crazy. 

My Uberti S&W repros garner a bit of attention, but I always get a double take with my Whitney-Kennedy with the S-lever.  I was involved in a historical recreation last Saturday evening, and I kept getting asked "What kind of Winchester is that?"  Even the professional re-enactors were stymied.  Adds variety.  Too boring if everyone has a '92 or '73 Winnie, and SAA style pistols (matching no less... that was one of the running gags on "Blazing Saddles").  Us fellers that have the hodge-podge setups are a breed apart from the rest.

I don't see why a CAS club would refuse to let someone use French, German, British, or other European designs.  As long as they were produced in the proper time frame.  They all washed up on the shores of North America somehow.  It is plausable they could have seen use on the Frontier.  That's my one small gripe about NRA BPCR Silhouette - only AMERICAN designs allowed.  No Farquharson style actions, Martinis, or my favourite... Alexander Henry *sigh*, et al.  But I guess I don't have the gold, so that's why I don't make the rules.  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com