Author Topic: SHARPS BORCHARDT  (Read 3918 times)

Offline mountainmen1969

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
SHARPS BORCHARDT
« on: June 09, 2010, 10:00:22 PM »
I have found a Sharps Borchardt rifle for sale. I think it is all there- I have not seen many of this type of rifle. It is the miltary type and has a cleaning rod. Does anyone have pics or info of what to look for. The tang seems "short" it did not look as if it was ground down. I know the stock was broke and it has been repair very sound. The gun has about 65% of the finish on the frame and about 80% on the barrel. The gun cost $950.00 THAT'S ALOT OF MONEY TO ME ANY HELP OR PICS OR THING TO LOOK OUT FOR WOULD BE GREAT

Offline Short Knife Johnson

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: SHARPS BORCHARDT
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 11:33:22 PM »
Without pictures, that doesn't sound like too bad of a deal to me.  I can't see why the tang would have been ground down.  Ask the seller if you have any concerns.  I buy stuff to shoot it, so if the bore is good, the action is tight, and you have full disclosure from the (presumably trustworthy) seller, I'd say you should give it some thought.

This spring while rolling through Billings Montana, I stopped at the Cabelas and was looking through the (interesting) used guns.  There was a Borchardt there with a price tag of $1700.  I asked the guy why it was so cheap.  He told me it had a new pipe screwed onto it.  A full octagon heavy Badger in .45-70.  I would have scooped it up (and should have) if I didn't at the time owe the my government $1650 income tax.  :'(  The unaltered original next to it was priced a bit steeper.  $6800.  The damnadable misery is that it would have not been a problem getting shipped home to me as it is an antique in both sides of the border.  I just couldn't take possesion of it on U.S. soil.  Goes to show that the deal of a lifetime is only a deal if you can afford it.

Offline rustyrelx

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 10:11:32 AM »
So if'n ya decide to pass on it shoot me a personal messege about it. Thanks  Don
SFC USA ret-2004
76Y,45B,45K,63H
GAF 716

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:59:12 PM »

Offline Kent Shootwell

• Top Active Citizen
  • Got whiskey, will stumble.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 05:46:44 PM »
On the things to look for side, there's sometimes is a crack in the reciever at the front bottem. The tangs are short as the action is held to the stock by a through stock bolt from the under the butt plate.
Little powder much lead shoots far kills dead.
Member, whiskey livers
AKA Phil Coffins, AKA Oliver Sudden

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com