Author Topic: LSI's Puma 92 Bounty Hunter  (Read 11094 times)

Offline Desert Drifter

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
LSI's Puma 92 Bounty Hunter
« on: May 24, 2010, 05:22:15 PM »
I was wondering if LSI's Puma 92 Bounty Hunter, the 12" barreled handgun on a Winchester lever action Model 1892 clone would be legal in CAS events?  It holds 6 rounds, so it would seem like it would be classed like a single action revolver.  Anyone care to share their take on this?  Anyone ever see one at a CAS event?

'Drifter

Offline Big T

• Big "T"
  • Top Active Citizen
  • www.tbarkcustomknives.com
    • T bar K Custom Knives
  • Liked:
Re: LSI's Puma 92 Bounty Hunter
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 01:54:20 PM »
only if you used it for one of your handguns , the rifles have to hold 10 rds in the mag , I suggest a Marlin or a 1873 /66 clone with min 19 in bbl the 73 being the absolute best for competition , 92's are ok but if you really want to compete the 73 is much faster with the correct length ammo
Tank & Kathy ,T bar k Custom knives

God Bless All to their Own Standards Accordingly thru Jesus Christ !

Offline Bow View Haymaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 05:56:43 PM »
Technicaly, I don't think it would qualifiy at any Santioned event for either a handgun or a rifle.  Legaly it is a pistol but not a single action revolver.  But I am sure there are some being used at local shoots just for the fun of it.  Saw one used in the long range pistol side match at the GAF Grand Muster last year. 
I'm sure someone will quote the rule book to clarify.
Bow View Haymaker

GAF #522  Dept of the Platte
SASS# 67733 (RO II)
NRA life

Paul Arens

www.HighPlainsShootersSupply.com

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:11:51 PM »

Offline Desert Drifter

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 01:32:36 PM »
Haymaker that's what I was thinking.  I bought a pair of Ruger Vaquero's (.44's one 4 5/8" Bisley the other 7 1/2 bbl) for less than 1/2 the price of one Puma bounty Hunter.

'Drifter

Offline August

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 04:44:50 PM »
In my humble experience, Puma '92s are a vexation to the Spirit.

Offline WyrTwister

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 07:25:18 AM »
     I have not quite figured out how you would aim one ?

God bless
Wyr

Offline Trailrider

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Gunfighter Zone
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 03:54:33 PM »
     I have not quite figured out how you would aim one ?

God bless
Wyr

You don't aim a Mare's Leg.  You use radar guided bullets, same as Steve McQueen did in "Wanted Dead or Alive"!  ;D  I mean, you never saw him miss with that thing, did you?  The neatest trick was reloading the Leg using those .45-70 rounds in his belt.  Where did he keep the crowbar?  ::)  McQeen's characters were always super-cool, but I never could figure out why you'd want a Mare's Leg over either a 7-1/2" Single-Action revolver, or a trapper-model carbine, if a handy rifle was your meat!

Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

Offline Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live To Fight Another Day
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 04:27:39 PM »
[quote author=Trailrider link=topic=32868. but I never could figure out why you'd want a Mare's Leg over either a 7-1/2" Single-Action revolver, or a trapper-model carbine, if a handy rifle was your meat!

[/quote]

That's the truth, I could never figure that one out my ownself, and I never did see the rifle those 45/70 bullets that he wore on his belt went too, he surely couldn't chamber them in that Mare's Leg, but that's Hollywood for ya, anything goes. ::) :o ;D ;D

NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2010, 05:14:37 PM »
If you get one you'll get beat up and have it taken away from you about 2 out of every three episodes.

I used to love the show when I was a kid but checked out the first five episodes about a years ago and stopped watching it.  Poor old Steve got whupped a lot and had his mare's leg taken away from him.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline WyrTwister

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 06:21:57 AM »
You don't aim a Mare's Leg.  You use radar guided bullets, same as Steve McQueen did in "Wanted Dead or Alive"!  ;D  I mean, you never saw him miss with that thing, did you?  The neatest trick was reloading the Leg using those .45-70 rounds in his belt.  Where did he keep the crowbar?  ::)  McQeen's characters were always super-cool, but I never could figure out why you'd want a Mare's Leg over either a 7-1/2" Single-Action revolver, or a trapper-model carbine, if a handy rifle was your meat!

If any of you are science fiction fans , I seem to remember the black woman in the movie Serenity  , shot what looks like a cut down lever gun ?  There was also a one season TV series .

I have a .45 LC S&W M25-5 w/ 8-3/8" barrel that almost shoots like a rifle .  And a person can aim it .

God bless
Wyr

Offline Caprock Louis

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2010, 12:18:53 PM »
Rossi is coming out in next three months with Ranch Hand same thing for around $400.  I will get one .
There is absolutely no use for the silly thing but just too cool.  Guess tribute to my youth.  Also at SASS meet it will look cool to walk around with but not shoot.  The cowboy action is to me as much of having fun as anything else and this qualifies as fun

Caprock Louis
Lost deep in the heart of Texas

Offline Bow View Haymaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2010, 05:03:42 PM »
If Rossi is going to build one I might be interested too.  The Rosi 92 I have has been a great tried and true rifle for me.  and it didn't break the bank either.
Bow View Haymaker

GAF #522  Dept of the Platte
SASS# 67733 (RO II)
NRA life

Paul Arens

www.HighPlainsShootersSupply.com

Offline RickB

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Black Jack
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2011, 09:09:01 PM »
I bought myself the Rossi Ranch Hand model this weekend. It's a solid gun and well built. Mine is in .45 Long Colt and holds 6 in the mag and on in the chamber. Not much of a practicle gun but what a cool item it is. I shoot NCOWS so I know this is not NCOWS legal, but I still wanted to add one to my collection. I'll find enough times to shoot it, even if it isn't in competiton. Might find a zombie shoot or two to use it at.

I paid $518 for it (that's $489 plus tax). Sure a lot less expensive than the Puma model.

Ride Safe and Shoot Straight.
Rick.

Offline RickB

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Black Jack
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2011, 09:17:11 PM »
Some pictures of the little bugger. Hope you find them enjoyable.

Ride Safe and Shoot Straight.
Rick.

Offline Cal Fornia

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2011, 03:33:03 AM »
Rossi is coming out in next three months with Ranch Hand same thing for around $400.  I will get one .
There is absolutely no use for the silly thing but just too cool.  Guess tribute to my youth.  Also at SASS meet it will look cool to walk around with but not shoot.  The cowboy action is to me as much of having fun as anything else and this qualifies as fun

Caprock Louis
Lost deep in the heart of Texas

Only if you carry it over your shoulder in a back-scabbard...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com