Author Topic: Need help  (Read 1517 times)

Offline Windy City Joe

• If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Need help
« on: May 20, 2010, 11:10:48 PM »
received my new Spencer yesterday and today I took it apart to loc-tight thr two screws. I can not get it back together again. What I did was Unscrew the lever screw 14 (hinge pin) and drop the lever and breech block assembly out the underside of the action (receiver). It will not, or it could be me can not get it back in. When i push it in it will stop about a half inch from going all the way in. I must be doing some thing wrong.
Thanks
Windy City Joe

Offline Windy City Joe

• If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Need help
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 12:21:18 AM »
The little tabs on the extractors are they facing in or out?
Thanks
Windy City Joe

Offline Herbert

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 12:23:21 AM »
the block is catching on the frame ,just press the leaver obove the triger it will straiten and you will get it back in easily,wile it is apart get a fine stone and take of any sharp edges this wiil smooth things up a bit,they get smoother with youse,i jus noticed you have one of the early ones with the loose extractors,the extractors only fit one side each the tabs face in( they are the extractors)the long pert of the slide faces towards the botom of the action ,put it together the wrong way and it will not go back together,also if you conpress the block(just put your finger between the leaver and the lower block to hold down and it will go back in much easier

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:58:03 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com