Author Topic: Indoor shooting ranges  (Read 2047 times)

Offline jrdudas

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Indoor shooting ranges
« on: June 17, 2005, 02:19:58 PM »
I am a new member of a local indoor shooting range.  I joined in order to keep my guns from getting bored with sitting around.  It is a fairly new facility and all the folks there are very nice.  The range has 24 lanes in 4 separate rooms interconnected by doors.  You walk through the first room to get to the next, and so on.  It seems to be their practice to assign all the lanes in one section before assigning any lanes in the remaining rooms.  I was there a few days ago and was assigned the last lane in a room.  All other rooms were unused at the time.  Now I suspect they do this so the cleanup crew doesn't have to clean each room every day. 

I don't know what the other shooters in my room were shooting, but the concussion was enough to make someone's pacemaker skip a beat.  There was used brass all over the floor and this coupled with the heat and concussion really made for an unpleasant shooting experience. 
Also, the air handlers were completely overwhelmed by the smoke, and the temperature in this room was at least 10 degrees hotter than the rest of the building.  Now don't get me wrong; I enjoy the noise and smoke at CAS shoots just as much as the next guy, but this was over-the-top for an enclosed facility.  I quit early because of the conditions, and I plan to talk to the management on my next visit.

All my previous shooting has been outdoors, so this membership is really my first experience at shooting indoors; is this range management typical.

JR

Offline Throckmorton

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Indoor shooting ranges
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 10:11:54 AM »
the one indoor range I shoot at once in a while is about the same...poor air handeling and hot in there.almost never see an RO as they have 1 person doing it all quite often.Most of the members do police their brass .I generallly drive an extrra half hour and shoot outdoors at a gravel pit where I can hang some steel.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com