Author Topic: Military Rolling Blocks in the Movies  (Read 1486 times)

Offline Dusty Morningwood

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Military Rolling Blocks in the Movies
« on: April 30, 2010, 02:27:34 PM »
I am always on the lookout for films (good and bad) that at least try and be accurate with their depictions of period weapons. Recently I have stumbled on two. And while I only caught the last part of each, they both had lots of rolling blocks in the proper hands.  Not exactly westerns, but still....

The Four Feathers is about the British expedition to retake Khartoum after Chinese Gordon, er, lost his head, so to speak. The Egyptians and Sudanese fighting the Brits have lots of rolling blocks.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0031334/

Savage Pampas takes place in Argentina, of all places. The military, armed with rolling blocks, has to fight off indians and bandits. Until I read about the film I assumed they were Mexicans fighting Apaches!!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060942/

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Military Rolling Blocks in the Movies
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 08:58:54 PM »
Hi,

I have posted elsewhere, but this looks like a good place to get some feedback.

I have a Brazilian Model 98 Mauser that shoots 7 X 57 Mauser. I have always like the ammo charactaristics and feel of this rifle.

I understand that there was a Remington Rolling Block built in 7X 57 also ....

Would this be classified as legal to shoot in a BROWs match?

Also, would an antique with a 'Good' rated barrel be a good shooter?

Thanks!
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com