Author Topic: Chaparral 1873 SA  (Read 3279 times)

Offline Old Doc

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Chaparral 1873 SA
« on: March 07, 2010, 10:04:21 AM »
Saw one of these at a gunshow. What caught my eye were the nicely done, one-piece wood grips with nice color and figure. It had an interesting feature. One of the holes in the cylinder was marked with a red dot on either side, presumably to identify which chamber to leave empty? I could not see any markings as to the maker. Someone suggested Armi San Marco. Anyone have any info on these or where they fall on the quality scale?

Offline Jefro

• Top Active Citizen
  • know matter where you go, there you are
  • Liked:
Re: Chaparral 1873 SA
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 10:35:25 AM »
Just say NO!!. This subject comes up every few months and the advise from most of the well know gunsmiths is don't do it, stick with Uberti. There have been a few pards get lucky to find a good one, but for the most part the quality is poor and parts hard to find. And when the gunsmiths have found parts they don't always fit. If the gun was up to snuff there would be alota dealers and smiths offering them. Good Luck.
http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=144705

Jefro
sass # 69420....JEDI GF #104.....NC Soot Lord....CFDA#1362
44-40 takes a back seat to no other caliber

Offline Old Doc

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 08:30:19 PM »
I know enough to know you have to be careful. I have always heard that "The Regulator" by Uberti is on the lower end of the Uberti quality ladder and I saw one of these at the same show for $675. I'll say this for the Chaparral, they put a lot of time and work into the grips.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:18:51 PM »

Offline IT KIDD

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 10:43:40 PM »
have one, had my gunsmith tune it 3 years ago, said outstanding parts, shoot as is for ncows, no modifications. love it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com