Author Topic: Cal Garry...........  (Read 4304 times)

Offline Charlie Bowdre

• PISTOLARO .
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Charlie Bowdre
  • SASS #: 87747
  • GAF #: 502
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Cal Garry...........
« on: February 25, 2010, 10:10:57 PM »
Hi Canuckers
I'm going to be in Calgary from March 5 till the 21. any one in the area with some time to kill and looking for a coffee drop me a PM or note here.
We can trade lies ... ;D ;D
"I'm too old to go soldiering any more , too stiff in the joints to ride point and too dam fat to wrestle drunks Any day they don't pat you on the face with a shovel is a good one"

BOLD 887 
Bvt.Major  Chaplain  GAF  502 
STORM 271 
SASS 87747
CHINOOK COUNTRY

Offline RattlesnakeJack

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
Re: CAL-gree...........
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 01:20:35 PM »
I'm nearly 200 miles away, but do get up there once in a while, so will keep it in mind!  Too bad you won't be here for the big gun show, always on the Easter long weekend - April 2 & 3 this year.   I definitely try to get up for that.

(On the other hand, if you're lookin' for a road trip during your Alberta visit, you could head on down the Trans Canada Highway to Medicine Hat .....)

By the way, don't go pronouncing it "Cal-GARRY"  or "CAL-garry"- it'll mark you as an outsider fer sure!   ;) 
Go with "CAL-gree" ......
Rattlesnake Jack Robson, Scout, Rocky Mountain Rangers, North West Canada, 1885
Major John M. Robson, Royal Scots of Canada, 1883-1901
Sgt. John Robson, Queen's Own Rifles of Canada, 1885
Bvt. Col, Commanding International Dept. and Div.  of Canada, Grand Army of the Frontier

Offline Charlie Bowdre

• PISTOLARO .
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Charlie Bowdre
  • Liked:
Re: Cal Garry...........
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 01:57:40 PM »
Thanks , I have 2 boys out there for the past 10 years . They sure told me a long time ago how to pronounce it... ;D

That was to get someones attention .. It worked .

If the weather is fine I may do so traveling . Never know . I tried my best to do the Easter thing but since my accountant still has to be back to work we had to go on her schedule ...I think someone told her about the gun show ...and I think I know who  :-X

I'll be checking my emails daily and will keep in touch .

Later
Dutchy
"I'm too old to go soldiering any more , too stiff in the joints to ride point and too dam fat to wrestle drunks Any day they don't pat you on the face with a shovel is a good one"

BOLD 887 
STORM 271 
SASS 87747
CHINOOK COUNTRY

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:22:15 AM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 04:45:20 PM »
Dutchy, I come to Calgary during the Stampede. The last we came up there, we flew in. I didn't bring a Hat. It was hot and sunny. I decided to buy a hat at the vendor's area near the arena. I found a hat that I liked and I looked inside the hat for the correct size. The vendor's name was printed on the sweathand.  "Hatter Bros. Hats", Fort Worth, Texas. I started laughing and the vendor asked why I was laughing. I told him that I was a Deputy Sheriff in Fort Worth. We both got a big laugh out of it.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Charlie Bowdre

• PISTOLARO .
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Charlie Bowdre
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 04:52:59 PM »
Great story . ;D ;D
 We plan on doing the Stampede again this year . The last time we were there is was in the high 20 low 30's C. It was hot. Almost couldn't eat my plate of prairie oysters!!
You coming up this year , maybe??

BOLD 887 
STORM 271 
SASS 87747
CHINOOK COUNTRY

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 05:04:51 PM »
We're doing Pendleton in Sept., maybe 2011?  Pendleton is the only "biggy" that I have not been to.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Charlie Bowdre

• PISTOLARO .
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Charlie Bowdre
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 05:48:07 PM »
That would be nice. My accountant has 2 more years to work then we hope to hit the road with the 5th Wheel . Hope to do a lot of traveling and see some of your country.
One of our 'dreams is to winter in Texas or Arizona ...or both . See how it pans out.
Later ::)

BOLD 887 
STORM 271 
SASS 87747
CHINOOK COUNTRY

Offline Charlie Bowdre

• PISTOLARO .
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Charlie Bowdre
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 09:18:55 PM »
Checked out the Pendleton site . Looks like a great show. Enjoy..

BOLD 887 
STORM 271 
SASS 87747
CHINOOK COUNTRY

Offline Russian

• Grand Duke of Russia
  • Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 12:52:22 PM »
We can connect when you're in town Dutchy.  If you want to come down and join us at one of the local gun shops on Sat morn and then we can go for lunch with the cowboy crew?
Russian SASS 78317

Великий князь Алексей Александрович в России

За Веру, Царя и Отечество!

Winchester afficionado

Offline Charlie Bowdre

• PISTOLARO .
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Charlie Bowdre
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 01:48:38 PM »
Sounds good. I hope to get over to Pro Line for a visit ...or two. I'll send you a PM.
Dutchy.

BOLD 887 
STORM 271 
SASS 87747
CHINOOK COUNTRY

Offline Russian

• Grand Duke of Russia
  • Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2010, 02:27:25 PM »
Well you already know the secret location  ;D so I know you're in the 'club'  ;)
Russian SASS 78317

Winchester afficionado

Offline Charlie Bowdre

• PISTOLARO .
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Charlie Bowdre
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2010, 02:33:39 PM »
one of my favorite spots. Actually calling them today . i'm looking for a win 97.
So see you out there.
Dutchy

BOLD 887 
STORM 271 
SASS 87747
CHINOOK COUNTRY

Offline Russian

• Grand Duke of Russia
  • Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2010, 02:38:29 PM »
Nothin '97 unfortunately unless something came in this weekend or today.  I'll keep an eye out for you if you let me know what you're looking for in price, age and all that.
Russian SASS 78317

Winchester afficionado

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com