Author Topic: Baikal TOZ-66 coach gun  (Read 28980 times)

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Baikal TOZ-66 coach gun
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2010, 07:07:54 PM »
I sent this email off to the 'Contact' address on their website:

Hello,

My problems started with a gun that had been 'slicked' by someone ... my gunsmith used the term 'butchered'.

My gunsmith attempted to buy replacement sears from EAA. He listened to the 7Cues (!)  on three different occaisions before talking to a human being. Each customer service rep stated that the previous customer service person did not understand the order, and that they would send the right parts.

Three times my gunsmith was sent the wrong parts (i.e. seers for the double trigger model). Three times my gunsmith paid for the parts and postage before he found he had been sent the wrong parts.

When I talked to EAA I waited again through the seven cues and finally got someone ... who told me that I needed to talk to their gunsmith and that he would call back. He never did.

So I called Remington, since I understand they are importing your gun as the Remington 220. When I stated that I had a Baikal Bounty Hunter IZH43-1C, I was given the EAA 800 # and was assured that they would handle the problem.

My gunsmith has given up on Baikal and is having someone add drill tool steel to the original part, and is going to file the original seers to make them work.

Just to be honest, I belong to cascity.com, and have honestly added my experiences when the subject of Baikal Shotguns ... that I love mine to the point that I have even shot skeet with it. But my gunsmith has had the shotgun since July and has had to make due with the old parts because Baikal's USA Representative was unwilling, unable, or unwanting to assist.

I have reported that I even emailed and called Baikal/Canada, and was told that if I called them back with the exact number from the exploded diagram, that they might be able to help me (that is, if the part is in stock ...).

The Baikal customer service reminds me of Renault America, which was forced to close down because the parent company in France was unable to support their dealers with parts.

So the next time that I am asked what I think of the Baikal shotgun, you can see how I will be responding.

Best wishes; I would like to be proven wrong because the shotgun just does not deserve this shoddy customer service.

Sincerely,

George W 'Skip' Baker

SASS # 84743

AKA Wadd Watson Elllis

(Address, ph# and email withheld)

P.S. I have missed the entire 2009 hunting season, and it is a mute point wether this shotgun will be ready by the 2010 season ...

It will be interesting to see if I even get a reply.

My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Offline bluejay

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2010, 06:25:26 AM »
I have a TOZ product that is imported by Baikal Canada.
To make a long story short, I was given the following contact to supply parts.

As for the purchase of spare parts you are interested in, we recommend you to cooperate with the firm «Hans Wrage & Co. G.m.b.H.» ( Germany ).

Tel.: (+49-40)78 10 71-13

Fax: (+49-40) 78 10 71-22

E-mail: wrage@hanswrage.de

It is not an emergency so I have not contacted them yet. Maybe they can help in your case?

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2010, 08:10:00 AM »
bluejay,

Thanks for the phone numbers!

As of this moment, I think that my 'smith will be providing a better handmade part than what originally came with the gun ... but I will write these phone numbers down for future problems ...

Again, thanks!
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

NCOWS #3403

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 01:46:08 PM »

Offline doubs43

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2010, 11:17:17 AM »
It'll be interesting to hear what the reply from the Russians is. I feel certain that they'll reply soon.

The German contact telephone numbers should be worth keeping. They could possibly be more responsive than the Russians.

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2010, 04:58:12 PM »
So far nothing from the Russians ... their Monday started many hours before mine, but maybe they had a lot of emails to reply to...

*S*

NCOWS #3403

Offline jjmontana9

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2010, 09:06:52 PM »
I sent e-mail to baikal and it came back undeliverable.  Anyone got any other suggestions?  Did anyone try to call the numbers?

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2010, 09:11:51 PM »
JJ,

My guess is that Baikal either is in extreme financial difficulties or has withdrawn from the US shotgun market.

At any rate, pretty sad for us Baikal owners ... especially if we need parts or support.

NCOWS #3403

Offline bluejay

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2010, 06:29:51 AM »
I have emailed the following company in Germany.

wrage@hanswrage.de

They answered back in one day that they would sell me parts. I have also asked their permission to post their contact info here at CasCity Forum.

I have also let them know there are people here looking for Baikal and TOZ parts. I feel pretty confident they are willing to supply.

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2010, 09:26:56 PM »
Great! 

I'm gonna print up this page and keep it with all my gun links ....

Thanks for the email address!

NCOWS #3403

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com