Author Topic: 1800s Ephemera  (Read 1534 times)

Offline Dutch Limbach

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
1800s Ephemera
« on: February 02, 2010, 06:37:10 PM »
I posted this a few years ago. Since there are several people that have joined this forum since then I'm going to repost it for your enjoyment.

There is a site on the internet called 1800s Ephemera. The gentleman that put the site up realized something that has been my fantasy since childhood. He came across a metal box in a dumpster full of cardboard boxes. That struck him as peculiar, so he took the box home. He put the box in a closet and forgot about it for about 6 months. He then took the box out to see what it contained. Well, it was full of things like train schedules, letters and letterheads, banknotes and banking papers, photographs, playbills, insurance papers, broadsides, business cards, baseball trading cards (I always thought they were a 20th century item), etc. All from the 1800s. This fine gentleman was good enough to scan and post these on his web site.

The site is located at:
http://home.att.net/~mforder/
"Men do not differ much about what they will call evils; they differ enormously about what evils they will call excusable."
-- G. K. Chesterton

"I guess when you turn off the main road, you have to be prepared to see some funny houses."
-- Stephen King

Offline James Hunt

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 1800s Ephemera
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 03:51:02 PM »
Nice source of information, good post!
NCOWS, CMSA, NRA
"The duty is ours, the results are God's." (John Quincy Adams)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com