Author Topic: Merwin, Hulbert & Co revolvers  (Read 204667 times)

Offline MJN77

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Merwin, Hulbert & Co revolvers
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2012, 07:27:48 PM »
Buddy, unless you have other .45 cal firearms, I would wait to stock up on ammo. I hope for your sake (and everyone else that has money in this venture) that the guns are produced, but the company has said "you will see them soon" for several years now. I wish you luck.

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2012, 05:48:46 AM »
  The MH factory called me a month ago and asked if I wanted my deposit or if I would stay in line for my Pocket Army Merwin-Hulbert. I told them I would wait and word has it   we will  see them soon. I am stocking up on cowboy loads and gonna have a Slim Jim made cross draw with border stamps in oxblood. The wait be worth it many times over. Best Fowler

They called you and asked if you wanted your deposit back??!!  Lol, sure they did.

I would love to know if anybody else here got a similar call from  the "factory" offering to refund their deposit. 
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Offline CRM

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2012, 04:43:29 PM »
You an't for real fowler. At best you are living in a fantesy land.

The Merwin and Hulbert website says very plainly they will not refund deposits made to the previous company.

Why are you an exception?

Advertising

« Reply #83 on: Today at 10:27:05 PM »

Online St. George

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS , GAF, B.O.L.D., Order of St. George, SOCOM,
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2012, 07:10:59 PM »
The rest of those wide-eyed waddies must've been out at the Unicorn Round-up when the non-existent, unmanned 'factory' called 'em, and you know those critters are damned hard to drop a loop on...

A Slim Jim holster for the 3 1/2" barrelled Pocket Army will look pretty close to a purse with a belt loop.

Scouts Out!
"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Offline CRM

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2012, 09:04:57 PM »
Now you know, thar Slim Jim holster might just be the right thing for my Slim Jim Pistoley :)

Offline hawkeye2

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2012, 10:57:47 PM »
A Slim Jim holster for the 3 1/2" barrelled Pocket Army will look pretty close to a purse with a belt loop.   ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm ordering one in hot pink Cordura with a closure button of polished Unicorn horn.

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 472
« Reply #86 on: May 03, 2012, 06:30:02 PM »
I'll bet the caller from the factory was named "Peggy".
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2012, 10:54:31 PM »
Wow,

It seems like saying 'Merwin Hulbert' to this crowd is akin to saying 'Niagara Falls' to the Three Stooges ....

'Slowly I turn'

'Step by step

TTFN,
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2012, 05:40:54 AM »
I'll bet the caller from the factory was named "Peggy".

LOL.  Good one!!   ;D
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Offline Reverend P. Babcock Chase

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2012, 02:53:57 PM »
Hey WWE,

Wasn't that Niagara Falls deal Abbot & Costello? (Probably an old vaudeville bit)

Reverend Chase

Offline Professor Marvel

• purveyor of useless items to the gentry
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • learn from the past, or be doomed to repeat it
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1183
« Reply #90 on: May 04, 2012, 05:35:56 PM »
Wow,

It seems like saying 'Merwin Hulbert' to this crowd is akin to saying 'Niagara Falls' to the Three Stooges ....

TTFN,

Those of us with an penchant for hard truth are like a pit bull with a bone, whether it be in advertising, or delivery on promises (ie: "fulfilling a legally binding contract"** )

It is, in fact , a service to the community to periodically remind the public of those who renig on their contracts; those who promise the moon but deliver naught;  for the Market and the Scheisters and the Con Artists all depend upon the gullible and uninformed, upon which they feed like the leeches they are.

It is especially important to have watchdogs keeping a wary eye on those who proudly proclaim

"You can Trust Me! For I am an Honest Man and hold my Character and Honor above all else!"

Once an individual opens that door, then as God is my Witness, I and others like me will hold them to it and hound their heels like the Dogs of Hell to ensure that they Keep Their Word or By God They Will BE REMEMBERED AND PUBLICLY CALLED OUT as Liars and Scoundrels!

If on the other hand, they fulfill their promises and their commitments I will be one of those who sing their praise.

It behooves the public and the community to REMEMBER Scoundrels and cheats  - those who do not keep their promises
and not allow them to "re-invent" themselves (as is the current fad) or quietly fade away - for their works should surely follow them wherever they try to go, lest they perpetrate the same scam once again.

"By Their Deeds, You Shall Know Them" - not by their words.

yhs
prof "pit bull" marvel

** so, can you tell me "when is a legally binding contract" not legally binding?  
... scroll down for the answer

when the contract is signed by a corporation; for a corporation can at any time dissolve itself
and thus no longer be legally held to the contracts it signed.
Your Humble Servant
~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Powder, Percussion Caps, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods,
and
Picture Postcards

Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions
and
Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
[
Available by Appointment for Lectures on Any Topic

Offline Will Ketchum

• Chief of Detectives
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Pete Ersland
  • SASS #: 4222
  • NCOWS #: 133
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2012, 05:26:24 PM »
I was going to suggest that this thread be locked but Mr. Fowler has been providing such good entertainment that I think it should be allowed to continue.

I hope we are all wrong but I doubt it.

A couple of years or so ago a man who said he represented the company which was producing the MH called me.  He wanted to have NCOWS look at the prototype.  I told him it would be a good idea.  I never heard from him again ;)

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

Offline Sir Charles deMouton-Black

• THE ANCIENT SUBSTANCE ENDURES - ALL LESSER PROPELLANTS SHALL FIZZLE
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 407
« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2012, 06:52:59 PM »
I was going to suggest that this thread be locked but Mr. Fowler has been providing such good entertainment that I think it should be allowed to continue.

Will Ketchum

Where else would I have learned about the endangered CHUPACABRA ???
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, “History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme.”

Offline Pancho Peacemaker

• NCOWS Texican Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #3120, SASS #75813
    • Pancho's Videos
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: May 05, 2012, 07:11:25 PM »
Where else would I have learned about the endangered CHUPACABRA ???

Xfiles did a great episode on it back in the 90's:  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0751109/plotsummary

We still get news reports about three times a year when somebody sees one of these buggers . . .  Usually down near the border near Ol' Mexico. 
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

Offline Professor Marvel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: May 05, 2012, 08:01:17 PM »
We still get news reports about three times a year when somebody sees one of these buggers . . .  Usually down near the border near Ol' Mexico. 

usually the poor things turn out to be sick & dying 'yotes with terminally severe cases of mange :-(

yhs prof marvel
Your Humble Servant

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Powder, Percussion Caps, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods,
and
Picture Postcards

and
Since 1822
[

Offline Pancho Peacemaker

• NCOWS Texican Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #3120, SASS #75813
    • Pancho's Videos
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: May 05, 2012, 10:32:04 PM »
usually the poor things turn out to be sick & dying 'yotes with terminally severe cases of mange :-(

yhs prof marvel

Or rabid vampiric extraterrestrial goblins!!!

NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
« Reply #96 on: May 06, 2012, 07:10:49 AM »
Or rabid vampiric extraterrestrial goblins!!!

Not to worry   (taken in abridged context from Hornady own website)

NEWSFLASH

Hornady Has Released New Z-Max, Zombie Bullets (Nope, I’m not Joking)

In what I can only describe as the most brilliant marketing scheme of all time, Hornady – makers of some of the finest ammunition in the world – have released their new “Zombie Max” zombie killing bullets.

I would assume.....
Equal to the task for use on rabid vampiric extraterrestrial goblins.

next time I see either, I'd be proud to have my M&H loaded the Zombie Max.....

Bad news,   ::)  is the likelyhood ,  I'll incur both entities long before the M&H is produced.

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline fowler

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: May 06, 2012, 11:37:54 AM »
   Thankyou Will  Kicthum being a Christian man and taking a man for his word I am not trolling and do not mean to degrade anybody. Thankyou for your fairness,pistol packin Preacher,Fowler.

Offline Professor Marvel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: May 06, 2012, 01:48:19 PM »
Fowler:

You an't for real fowler. At best you are living in a fantesy land.
The Merwin and Hulbert website says very plainly they will not refund deposits made to the previous company.
Why are you an exception?

If you are real, and not another shill for M&H ( which has happened several times on CAS City)

Thankyou Will  Kicthum being a Christian man and taking a man for his word I am not trolling and do not mean to degarde anybody. Thankyou for your fairness,pistol packin Preacher,Fowler.

Please do not take personal offense to my posts, they were never meant as a personal attack on you personally  nor  has it ever been my intent to be "unfair" to you, but instead to attempt to open your eyes to the sad, hard facts which are available for everyone to see, and to make public  the issues surrounding the Merwin& Huilbert Co. fiasco.

to itemize the following indisputable FACTS:

- M&H was part of a parent corp that included A-Square, Sharps Rifle, Merwin & Hulbert, and a holster company.

- M&H only existed as a child under A-Square, and leveraged their FFL licenses.
  The Only company that ever regularly produced products was the A-Square rifle and ammunition company.

- M&H consistantly failed to offer even a prototype of a pistol that they have been promising for nearly 5 years

- The Town of Glenrock, WY gave them numerous dollar incentives, but M&H & A-Square has failed to deliver on every promise they made to  Glenrock.

- M&H & A-Square promised to hire and keep employed a certain number of skilled workers, and they failed

- M&H & A-Square is behind on several months of tax-free  reduced rent to the Town of Glenrock

- M&H promised delivery of finished guns to "subscribers" at least 3 times (or more) and they failed every time

- M&H promised to show the prototype several times and failed

- M&H promised to provide prototypes to various writers to review, and failed

- M&H promised to bring the prototype to the Shotshow for several years and failed every time, the last shot show they
 did not even show up.

- M&H promised to "keep everyone and the public informed via their website"  - they sort of managed for a bit, then failed.

- On Thursday, March 1, 2012 10:44 am "A-Square defaults on lease–CEO closes doors"
  This took down child company Merwin & Hulbert as well as the parent corp - from the newspaper article seen here

http://www.douglas-budget.com/glenrock/article_423700e2-63c6-11e1-b007-0019bb2963f4.html

it clearly states:
------------------------------------
"Posted: Thursday, March 1, 2012 10:44 am | Updated: 11:27 am, Thu Mar 15, 2012. Jesse Bishop
Despite hopes that Sharps Rifle Company, LLC, and A-Square of Wyoming would be able to find investors to restart Glenrock operations this year, A-Square of Wyoming is no more." ...

"After events surrounding A-Square’s former owner and founder Art Alphin led Sharps CEO Michael Blank to shut down both A-Square of South Dakota and Sharps’ main operations in St. Louis, Blank conveyed ownership of all contents in the Glenrock operation to the new CEO Kevin Tierney, and his partner William Martin. After the deal was struck, it was determined that the company as a whole was not fit to even exist."
    (emphasis is mine)

"“There is financial tragedy across the board,” Tierney said. “The State of South Dakota has lost a lot of money, the major financial institution in South Dakota has lost an awful lot of money. The State of Wyoming and the Town of Glenrock believed in a lot of people and invested a lot of money to build this facility. There have been numerous consumers who invested money for guns which were not delivered.”

Tierney asked Town Council for understanding, explaining his decision to completely shut down the company due to the fact that its financial condition was “toxic, if not radioactive.” He proposed a break on lease payments for a replacement company called Sharps Rifle Company, Inc., which he created using the equipment and intellectual property he acquired from Blank."
----------------------------------------------------------

- In the Corporate Documents that I posted earlier it clearly states that the new company will not do ANYTHING until and unless they manage to get AT LEAST $1.3 million in new funding, which will mainly go to paying back rent, not build new guns.
To really "get going" they expect to need to raise another $5 million.

- M&H (now called Sharps Rifle LLC) does not have any skilled workers, they let them all go. They only have "corporate officers".

- A-Square (whilst never a huge business) used to at least make and deliver products and show a profit. Now they have been dragged down in this mess and out of business as well and the owners of the special caliber rifles are S.O.L. as we say.

- The States of Wyoming and South Dakota have lost millions of dollars in grants and incentives.

Now, with these facts in hand, and the clear evidence of so many broken promises, We can see that their words and promises have proven to be hollow.

I have to ask  With all the money gone down the tube, how can anyone trust these people?

With this track record I have to ask "Why Should anyone trust anything  they say now?"

Fowler, you said you are a Christian man, you should remember that "By Their Deeds, You Shall Know Them".

Whilst I do not presume to speak on behalf of the others on the forum, It has never been my intent to degrade you or others who are hopeful that they may someday get something from M&H;  but only to point out the hard facts.

Sharps Rifle LLC ( formerly Merwin & Hulbert, A-Square, Sharps Rifle, and that holster company) might somehow pull out of this, but it is not looking good.

Please do not shoot the messenger if the messenger is pointing out the rainclouds overhead, and that you have no umbrella;

And please do not proudly wave the latest advertisement that says your Weatherman promised Sunny Skies whilst the storm pours down around our ears.

in all sadness
your humble servant
prof marvel
Your Humble Servant

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

and
Picture Postcards

and
Since 1822
[

Offline fowler

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: May 06, 2012, 02:35:23 PM »
   I rolled my dice a year ago and talked to them 2 weeks before the new website went up on line.  Now hence we have the no refund rule and production near what was I was told. I will post no more on the subject till I have a  45 Colt M-H Pocket Army in my hand.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com