Author Topic: Hey, know what I was doin' today?  (Read 44628 times)

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hey, know what I was doin' today?
« Reply #100 on: November 07, 2009, 01:10:31 PM »
I need one of them old Army knives with the spoon an the fork built in.  I knows they still make em cause some kid just got in trouble fer takin one ta school fer show an tell.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: November 07, 2009, 04:06:21 PM »
You otta be able to find one of them knives at the Boy Scout place or the Swiss Army place.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: November 07, 2009, 04:23:29 PM »
The guys at the boy scout place freak me out, I think they want somethin more than ma money.  You'd think at 38 I'd be too old fer em.

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Advertising

« Reply #103 on: Today at 10:00:45 PM »

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: November 07, 2009, 04:57:11 PM »
I need one of them old Army knives with the spoon an the fork built in.  I knows they still make em cause some kid just got in trouble fer takin one ta school fer show an tell.

Advancemart, item # AMKC5006S, under $10.00.

Yore welcome.  :)
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #104 on: November 07, 2009, 04:58:43 PM »
He needs a pair of zircon encrusted tweezers to remove his lint.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: November 07, 2009, 05:04:51 PM »
Advancemart, item # AMKC5006S, under $10.00.

Yore welcome.  :)

Thank you.  I'm really thinkin about buyin one.  I had one that was made of all plastic when I was a kid an I think I'm ready fer the real deal.  That plastic knife blade weren't much good on Del's CFS.   ;D

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: November 07, 2009, 05:31:58 PM »
Leo, That sounds like 40 came up with a good deal for ya. Those plastic knives last longer than the forks for me.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: November 08, 2009, 11:20:13 AM »
My dad gave me a camp set that he'd used in the Forest Service long before I was born.  It had a knife / can opener / bottle opener, spoon, and a fork that all nested together and locked into a spring steel clip.  My son lost it at summer camp one year and I've never seen another like it.  It was very compact and fit into a WWII Army mess kit.

If I could find one again at a reasonable price, I'd buy it.  Heck, I'd buy two of the durn things.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: November 08, 2009, 01:29:02 PM »
My dad gave me a camp set that he'd used in the Forest Service long before I was born.  It had a knife / can opener / bottle opener, spoon, and a fork that all nested together and locked into a spring steel clip.  My son lost it at summer camp one year and I've never seen another like it.  It was very compact and fit into a WWII Army mess kit.

If I could find one again at a reasonable price, I'd buy it.  Heck, I'd buy two of the durn things.

My Dad finds stuff like that through the Marine Corps League.  I'll ask him next time I talk to him.  I'd like one too.

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: November 08, 2009, 05:13:47 PM »
I wouldn't ming having one of those my own self.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com