Author Topic: BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS  (Read 1125451 times)

Offline goodtime annie

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS
« Reply #1340 on: April 18, 2010, 07:12:32 PM »
That'll be about enough of that right there!! :(

I went to the Harley dream store yesterday to check out a trike. 28,000.000 :o :o :o 2009 and was still a bit wide for my bad leg,and i have short legs to boot.May have to go to a different make as i guess Harley doesn't make many trikes...?You ever road a harley trike John?Was a strieght axle too..It was like slingin my leg over an ox.. :(
A girlfriend of mine got a narrower seat, had it lowered for her short legs and the angle of the handle bars changed for her at a Harley Dealership.
Goodtime Annie

Take pride in how far you have come and have faith in how far you can go!

http://www.facebook.com/AnnNewkold.LeatherEmporium

Offline JD Alan

• Pistol Packin Parson
  • Top Active Citizen
    • New Life Church Website
  • Liked:
« Reply #1341 on: April 18, 2010, 11:12:34 PM »
Since my stroke I've had to set riding aside, due to ongoing balance issues. My baby needs a new home.
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1342 on: April 18, 2010, 11:15:18 PM »
Wasn't so much the seat as it was the wide tank and my leg hit the chrome cover.But yea,the seat could have been trimmed a smidge.This is the one i used to ride

OOPS! I mean this one ;D

Bunch a ole scudders!

Advertising

« Reply #1343 on: Today at 01:23:38 PM »

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #1343 on: April 18, 2010, 11:17:06 PM »
Since my stroke I've had to set riding aside, due to ongoing balance issues. My baby needs a new home.

I;ll be right over JD,how much do i need to bring??? :) :) :) :P
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 308
« Reply #1344 on: April 18, 2010, 11:20:59 PM »
Well I'm back in the saddle again. Our Harley dealer has called me back again on a part-time basis for the busy season.
What fun. Glad to hear it. Is that rig a JD you're on? It's veeery cool. That's my first choice. Love those old ones. Love the sidecars, too. I've had all configurations, bike, trike and sidecar. I think the sidecar has the most smiles built into it. :D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #1345 on: April 18, 2010, 11:49:34 PM »
That's me on my 83 HGW 1100..Kids goin to the prom.About ten years ago.Sold the bike to pay off bills to buy the house we have now.... :( :-[ :-X :'( Wanna buy a house ???
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #1346 on: April 18, 2010, 11:52:32 PM »
OOps don't think you were talkin at me ;D

Come on JD cough up a price...3500.00 i'm on my way ::) ;D
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline Dr. Bob

• Dr. Bob
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Physician and Sporting Gent aka Bob Dorian
  • Liked:
« Reply #1347 on: April 19, 2010, 12:12:51 AM »
Ricky,

As my EX-wife used to tell me, "You're entitled to your fantasy!"  :o  ;D  Bwaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaa!
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Offline Missouri Half Breed

• Livin the code
  • Top Active Citizen
  • every day above ground a good one.
  • Liked:
« Reply #1348 on: April 19, 2010, 08:57:38 AM »
JD you renew my faith and surprise the heck out of me a gun toten harley riden parson NOW THATS SOME ONE I CAN RELATE TO your church is very lucky and he does lether work to, pard i swear im going to church wed night.
your a daisy if you do

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 275
« Reply #1349 on: April 19, 2010, 10:20:46 AM »
Howdy Marshall Will,
That picture was taken at the Harley-Davidson Museum in Milwaukee. The Museum people tell me that is a 1928 Model J with a Goulding sidecar. Here is a link to a slide show taken during a visit to the HD Museum
http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/jvsaffran/HD%20Museum/?action=view&current=8f599865.pbw

Howdy MHB,
That's a great looking Softail you have there. I bet it sounds awesome with those pipes.

You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Offline Missouri Half Breed

• Livin the code
  • Top Active Citizen
  • every day above ground a good one.
  • Liked:
« Reply #1350 on: April 19, 2010, 02:18:48 PM »
Thanks Jhonny she lets ya know shes comming thats for sure, gonna sell the old girl i an't got time to ride much no more and got outher things going on roun hear,my new hobbie of maken holsters gun belt rigs and outher stuff along with now thanks to Missouri Marshal im loading my own amo takes up bout all my time.
MHB
your a daisy if you do

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #1351 on: April 19, 2010, 02:22:56 PM »
I'll show ya a pic of a famous local bike after while.I knew the guy that rode it.
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline Dr. Bob

• Dr. Bob
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Physician and Sporting Gent aka Bob Dorian
  • Liked:
« Reply #1352 on: April 19, 2010, 02:59:59 PM »
Johnny,

If ya come to the NCOWS Convention next March, here in Kansas City, you can visit the National WWI Museum which has a 1917 Harley used in France during the War.  It's OD but you can clearly see the Harley Davidson on the gas tank.  My understanding is that the HD Museum in Milwaukee doesn't have this model.  There were a lot of Harleys with sidecars sent over there too.
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Offline Johnny McCrae

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
« Reply #1353 on: April 19, 2010, 04:24:56 PM »
Dr. Bob,
Many thanks for this info. I'm going to do my best to make the next NCOWS Convention and I'll make it a point to visit the National WWI Museum.I love visiting Museum's and Historic place's.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #1354 on: April 20, 2010, 12:00:47 AM »
Ok biker fans,here's the one i wanted to show you all.When i was about 10 years old Floyd the policeman would come ridin by most every morning to our bus stop to school,and i remember it being foggy and cold alot.He would come by on this Harley trike and let us oo and ahh,tell us how things were goin and give us a little policeman pep talk like be carefull with your bb guns,listen to mom and dad and would just spend some time with us.Alot of days if we had some pennies and or a nickle or so we would go to the little corner store across from my dads gas station and get some licorich or one of the balsa wood airplanes.
 Of course Floyd would drive up on his trike and walk in and make sure we were'nt sneakin candy and forgettin to pay for it,i swear Mr Fersakian the old italian store owner would turn his back so we could snatch them candy ciggarettes..We would walk out and there would be Floyd,but he never said a thing other than have a good day at school boys.Then he would ride off.We always looked forward to seeing him.he was a tall real gentle man but did talk with authority and we always heard the old folks talk about Ole Floyd and what a great guy he was.
 Floyd had the only Harley anything at that time and it just happened to be the trike,he would just cruise around check things out and if he had to i guess write a few tickets.Well by the time i was 21 ole Floyd had been retired for some time and the Dept donated that trike to him for a retirement gift.Wow and still the best Harley in town that i really knew of at the time.Floyd like to have a beer now and them and he would go to Searcey's Saloon which was just acroos the street caddy corner from our gas station.He would sit at the bar and get free beers as long as he wanted them.We all paid For Floyd,he was our cop dude man.I'd go get me a beer and tell the keep get one for Floyd,and Floyd would say OH Bless,he'd stay awhile then go home.He drank slow and the most i ever saw him drink was about 3 beers from the tap.
 Floyd was gettin up in age and never really rode the trike anymore,some said he kept it in a wooden shed out at his home in the country,and his wife had passed some years before so he lived alone and we figured he was just savin it for his son(s)or whoever.I didn't even know if he had any kids.I remember his house cuase it wa by a local country park we all went to and we would drive by his house,just to see it,he was just a local celebrity cuase he rode that trike to us younger fellers.Then one day the paper sayed Floyd was killed by someone that broke in his house to rob him,we all figured they were after the trike in his wooden shed,but they didn't get it if that was the reason,Floyd may have struggled with them ,got hit,and then they ran away.
 It was a stupid tragic incident,and i thought back then,why in the hell would someone want to hurt rob or kill Ole Floyd?????He was a quite gentle guy that never done nothin to nobody but good things,surely it had to be some one who did not know him..I'll have to do some research to really find what went on.

So here is the memorial for Floyd in our local police Dept.I guess some family must have give it back for display.It was nice to go see it today and remember Floyd :'( A great LEO and part time friend.RIP Floyd and thanks for the memories,and keeping us safe at the bus stop! :)

http://sharing.theflip.com/session/3b634ad5bb0528d5ef64d875d4143af0/video/12957654
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline JD Alan

• Pistol Packin Parson
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1356 on: April 20, 2010, 12:17:38 AM »
Thanks MHB, I appreciate it. I've ridden for years, long before I was a pastor. We've still got a fair number of riders in our church today. I've ridden to Sturgis from Portland twice with my wife. We had an awesome time. I should have hung onto this Road King, it was a great bike!

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #1357 on: April 20, 2010, 02:43:40 AM »
White right and out-o-sight===============>
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline Johnny McCrae

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
« Reply #1358 on: April 20, 2010, 07:16:51 AM »
Rick,
That is quite a touching story about Floyd. You did a great job of telling his story. Thank you for sharing this with us.

When I was a kid we had a beat cop in the neighborhood by the name of Tony. He was kind of similar to Floyd. One day he gave me one of his bullets and I was on cloud nine.

JD,
Nice looking ride! I had a few bikes that I should have hung on to also.

Offline JD Alan

• Pistol Packin Parson
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1359 on: April 20, 2010, 08:47:24 AM »
Rick, you are just full of surprises!~

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com