Author Topic: BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS  (Read 1122295 times)

Offline Ace Lungger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Just taking one day at a time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS
« Reply #340 on: December 01, 2009, 05:42:55 PM »
GB, It looks like you had a great time!!! I used to ride my ATV a lot, but not anymore. I bet that turkey was good they way you all cook it!!
RT, I havn't read any of your poem's, is there a place I can go read????
I went out today and shot the 1867 Remington rolling block that I built this summer. I had a friend of mine that called me and ask if I would go out to the range and help him site in his deer rifle, he is a good friend so i told him I would meet him out there. He had 60 miles to drive and I knew he would be late (he is allways late) so I loaded up the Rolling Block and headed out to the range.
I got the gate unlocked and set my shooting gear on the bench, set up some tagets and got the Rolling block out and put some lead down the range :) :), I could not believe it!! No adjusting was needed ;D ;D I must be doing something right.
I hope that you all enjoyed.
Later
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Offline Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live To Fight Another Day
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #341 on: December 01, 2009, 06:08:39 PM »
Howdy Ace

Looks like you had a good day, the Rolling Block performed pretty good did it, it sure is a pretty rifle, lovvvvves that barrel, and that's a nice bunch of jerky it's sitting on too, what flavor is it. :-\ ??? ::) I don't have my glasses on , that is jerky isn't it.

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Offline Ace Lungger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #342 on: December 01, 2009, 06:18:43 PM »
Howdy TW, :)
 Yup, that is grade A Buffalo Jerky ;D :D ;D It sure is good, but real hard on the teeth!!! ::) ??? ::) I was flat impressed at how good the Old thing shot!!!!! The only thing that doesn't work is the extractor! It was hard to make, and it is back to the drawing board, I need to ad more beef to the extractor, but not to much :o
Thanks my friend!
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Advertising

« Reply #343 on: Today at 05:43:12 PM »

Offline Gun Butcher

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #343 on: December 01, 2009, 08:43:13 PM »
 Ace, you did one heck of a job building that rifle. The proof is always in the shooting and if you didn't have to fool with it to get it shooting where you wanted that means you are one fine rifle builder. My hat is off to you. I would love to get my hands on an action and barrel for one of those but money is in short supply right now. Maybe one of these days.

WBC, to keep it short, dig a hole, burn your wood till you have plenty of coals, wrap the bird or whatever you are cooking in about 7 or 8 layers of tin foil, remove the coals from the hole and put the turkey in, put the coals back over the bird and be sure to get it covered well, keep a small fire going on top and in about 4 hours you will have an almost perfect bird done to a tee.  I use a set of old tire chains to set the bird in the hole and lift it out when it is done.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Offline Dr. Bob

• Dr. Bob
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Physician and Sporting Gent aka Bob Dorian
  • Liked:
« Reply #344 on: December 02, 2009, 12:08:57 AM »
GB,

Yer makin my mouth water!  Bet you could cook a couple of pork shoulders like that. :o ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Offline Ace Lungger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #345 on: December 02, 2009, 08:58:51 AM »
Howdy GB, :)
 It took me over a year to finish that rifle. I just started picking up pieces a little at a time. I am like you, money is short, so I bought a piece everytime I had a little money. I enjoy making stuff, but somethings a person just can't make. I would like to have a better set of sights, but Lee Shavers sights cost more than I have in the complete rifle :( I have $500.00 in it. I have 3 other rifles that are 1/2 built, but the funds have ran out, and most likely will be a year or so before I get back to work on them. I have this big problem, I want stuff I can't afford, so I have to build them if I am to have them. If I can be any help to you, please feel free to get a hold of me.
Later
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Offline Gun Butcher

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #346 on: December 02, 2009, 02:23:25 PM »
  Dr.Bob, Pork shoulders would work just fine . We cooked a venison hind quarter soaked in bbq sauce that way once. Took about 7 hours and needed a much bigger hole but man it was good. The only difference was a bed sheet soaked in the sauce and wrapped around the meat before putting on the foil. That meat just fell off the bone and melted in your mouth.   Dang, now I'm getting hungry :P

Ace, when the money gets flowing alittle better I want one of your mallets so I will keep you in mind. Also, when I get my hands on some skirting leather I will talk to you about a couple of stamps that I would like to have to work on that saddle project.  I truly understand wanting things I can't afford :( ;) ;D
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Offline Ace Lungger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #347 on: December 02, 2009, 03:43:20 PM »
Sounds great GB! I lost my supplier for the mallet head stock, so I am looking for another one. I wanted some 2" to make me a carving mallet, and then I was going to take my old mallet and pour some lead in the head! Just let me know what stamps you need to use and i will get them to you.
You all have a good one!
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #348 on: December 02, 2009, 06:59:05 PM »
Where the heck is Cowboy316 :(?????????
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline Gun Butcher

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #349 on: December 02, 2009, 09:08:40 PM »
  Rick I don't know . I got a pm from him last week and he was supposed to send me some stuff but I haven't heard hide ner hair out of him since. I do know he was just gettin over the flu but thats about it.

Offline JD Alan

• Pistol Packin Parson
  • Top Active Citizen
    • New Life Church Website
  • Liked:
« Reply #350 on: December 02, 2009, 10:51:16 PM »
Glad you asked Rick, I was wondering the same thing. I hope he's OK
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Offline cowboy316

• Top Active Citizen
    • http://wildwestcustom-leatherworks.webs.com/
  • Liked:
« Reply #351 on: December 03, 2009, 11:55:52 AM »
howdy Pards
im here just got that damn flu and the meds got me screwed up but im here and also had to redo everything on my computer
but ill get caught up here soon i hope
thanks for the concern pards
Cowboy316

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #352 on: December 03, 2009, 12:45:43 PM »

:D C316, we're glad to here you're OK, we MISS YOU here, but I understand PC problems, hope you can get them fixed soon,

Best Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D

NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #353 on: December 03, 2009, 01:19:44 PM »
 :)
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #354 on: December 03, 2009, 01:36:34 PM »
Howdy, Cowboy. Now I'm worried. You're redoing your computer on meds? LOL, that could be interesting. Seriously, good to hear you're on the mend.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #355 on: December 03, 2009, 02:13:25 PM »
I could not believe it!! No adjusting was needed ;D ;D I must be doing something right.
I hope that you all enjoyed.
Nice work, pard. I love that rifle. If it took a year to finish, the time was well spent. Gorgeous.

WBC, to keep it short, dig a hole, burn your wood till you have plenty of coals, wrap the bird or whatever you are cooking in about 7 or 8 layers of tin foil, remove the coals from the hole and put the turkey in, put the coals back over the bird and be sure to get it covered well, keep a small fire going on top and in about 4 hours you will have an almost perfect bird done to a tee.  I use a set of old tire chains to set the bird in the hole and lift it out when it is done.
What size turkey was that? Did you stuff it? I want to try that. Let's see, rule one: don't do it in the middle of the lawn, rule two: make sure it's far enough from dry grass and low branches.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline Kid Terico

• Top Active Citizen
  • I,m to small to turn the other cheek.
  • Liked:
« Reply #356 on: December 03, 2009, 02:14:34 PM »
Cowboy GET well and start kicking butts and I,ll count them.  ;D KT

Offline Dave Cole

• Knifemaker/Leatherworker
  • Top Active Citizen
    • DC KNIVES and Leather
  • Liked:
« Reply #357 on: December 03, 2009, 08:11:06 PM »
Ace, that is a very cool rifle.I would love a project like that, but like so many these days money is short.I was able to pickup a new toy though, by bartering a knife to my neighbor.It's a Great Western 44 spl.and its showing a little wear but overall pretty good condition.Dave :)

Offline Gun Butcher

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #358 on: December 03, 2009, 08:16:21 PM »
 ;D Marshal, I forgot that you live in a state that likes to burn down on a regular basis so yea rule one and two for sure  :o ;)  It was a 10 lb bird and you can stuff or not to your own liking.  Just remember to get your hole deep enough to have about 8 in. of coals over the top of the bird and keep a steady but not to big fire going on top all the way thru. Works best with good hard wood like Oak so that you have plenty of good hot coals. :)

Nice shootin iron Dave, you made a good trade.

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #359 on: December 03, 2009, 08:24:30 PM »
Howdy Dave,

Nice looking Great Western, it appears to be one of the earlier models, do you know how old it is, either way, it a nice find, you use see a lot of the 44 special's offered years ago. know you will have to get some gun leather for it, unless you already have some.

Thanks for the look see  ::) :o 8)

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com