Author Topic: BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS  (Read 1122328 times)

Offline Ace Lungger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Just taking one day at a time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS
« Reply #200 on: November 12, 2009, 04:44:02 PM »
Howdy Pards,
 You guys have went and done it now!!!! I spent 25 years doing nothing but think about Rod Rods! I realy thought that all that Hot Rod stuff was out of my system, untill you all had to go and start showing pic's and telling stories about your Hot Rods ;D :) O lost a lot of my pic's, like a lot of you guys have! I found a few, and will keep digging, but for now, The first pic, is of my 1931 Model A Coupe, built this one when I was 17. The next pic, is of me and the wife, and the 2 cars we had when we got married, the white car in the pic, was the first and only new car I ever bought, it is a 1974 GTO, drove it off the show room, for $2175.00 brand new.  And last for now is my 1970 Z28 that I bought and totaly restored ( should of kept that one) ??? ::) ???
 I want to tell all of you, I realy like seeing the pic's of your old cars!
Thanks for sharing
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 283
« Reply #201 on: November 12, 2009, 04:55:12 PM »
Howdy Ned,
Thanks for the info. I was going to guess the year as 1969 but one guess was enough. That sure was a classy car and I'll bet it turned a few heads.

Howdy Outrider,
My 1969 Mustang GT had lots of wheel hopping also. It was terrible on ice and snow.

Ace,
Those are some cool rides you had. I just knew that you would have some nifty cars to show us.

You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Offline Ned Buckshot

• Top Active Citizen
  • Ned at Silverado, NM
  • Liked:
« Reply #202 on: November 12, 2009, 05:03:50 PM »
Ya Johnny! It was a Chick Magnet particularly with my parter Rocket (the dog in the picture).

Crusin' the streets in Sasualito and Tibiron (on the other side of the bay from SF) was a year long experiance! :o

Ned

Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

Advertising

« Reply #203 on: Today at 08:05:59 PM »

Offline Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live To Fight Another Day
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #203 on: November 12, 2009, 06:33:29 PM »

Ace, those are some dang nice cars, I'm glad you found some of your pictures, I'm still looking, don't know where they could be, My Cousin had a model A coup, I'll try to find that too, but your cars looks real sharp, what were you running in the A coup, looks hot, and so does the GTO, and they were.

Ill look forward to seeing more of cars

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #204 on: November 12, 2009, 07:54:46 PM »
LOL, I had a '41 Plymouth Business Coupe about the same time as the Porsche. I drove it when the Porsche was in the shop. It had those cast iron fenders, too. A lady ran into me in a bank parking lot. Darn near took her bumper off and my right front fender only had a very tiny mark about an inch across. The dent in the left fender must have taken a heck of a hit, it was there when I got the car.

When I was in college I had a friend with a '41 Plymouth business coupe.  Had a semi-automatic transmission that you had to shift but you didn't have to use the clutch except to put it in reverse.  Best deer hunting car I ever saw.  Low gear would let you drive up a waterfall if you weren't in a big hurry. Top speed couldn't have been much above 60.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #205 on: November 12, 2009, 08:32:43 PM »
Nice pics, Ace. That Model A photo must have been taken after 1964 since those look like Cragar mags on it. Nice wheels. I had a set on my second 1965 Dodge Dart GT. They were the coolest back then.

When I was in college I had a friend with a '41 Plymouth business coupe.  Had a semi-automatic transmission that you had to shift but you didn't have to use the clutch except to put it in reverse.  Best deer hunting car I ever saw.  Low gear would let you drive up a waterfall if you weren't in a big hurry. Top speed couldn't have been much above 60.
Mine had the standard 3 on the tree. Great car. Yep, 1st was quite low. The speedometer needle was green up to 25mph then turned yellow between 25mph and 45mph. Above that it turned red. I recall getting some 70 or better out of it. LOL, that was enough. :o The window winders were 1 1/2 turns to full up or down. I could beat anyone wanting to do window races. ;D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #206 on: November 12, 2009, 09:29:20 PM »
The window winders were 1 1/2 turns to full up or down. I could beat anyone wanting to do window races. ;D
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D That's FUUUUNNNNNY

tEN ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #207 on: November 13, 2009, 03:18:26 PM »
My first car was a shetland pony,i had dibs on every gal in the nighborhood down the road.Low and Slow baby ;)

Had hydraulics too,if ya sat on her butt she would buck you off right now,the gals would giggle i'd turn red,and have to walk a mile and a half back home :-[ >:( :-[
Bunch a ole scudders!

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #208 on: November 13, 2009, 05:26:19 PM »

:D ;D ;D ;D Now story sounds like something you'd do Rick  ;D ;D ;D ;D

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D

Offline outrider

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #209 on: November 15, 2009, 03:47:15 PM »
Ok here's my story and I'm sticking to it ::) ::)

As I mentioned to JD in the Tippman thread I was recently given a German tredle machine made by Wertheim (they also made safes and pianos).  Anyway...to make a long story short...my brother-in-law was the VP for U.S. sales for a family owned blanket company in Germany...Biederlack.  While on a business trip to the main HQ in Germany my sister, who was along for the trip, saw this machine in the presidents office and commented on how nice it was.  A few months later they got a container shipment of goods from the factory and low and hehold the company president sent the machine for my sister.

The machine is a "Wertheim Electra" coffin top tredle machine and is fully operational...came with bobbins...various types of presser feet, tools, and an original manual...which is written in German.  I have not played with it yet but thought that you pards would like to see it.   Please excuse the junk in the background...
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Offline Ned Buckshot

• Top Active Citizen
  • Ned at Silverado, NM
  • Liked:
« Reply #210 on: November 15, 2009, 05:18:08 PM »
Very Cool Outrider! It appears to be in extrodinary shape! Nice find.

Ned
Ned Buckshot

Offline Ned Buckshot

• Top Active Citizen
  • Ned at Silverado, NM
  • Liked:
« Reply #211 on: November 15, 2009, 05:20:05 PM »
By the way I sleep under a Biederlack blanket every night!

Ned
Ned Buckshot

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #212 on: November 15, 2009, 05:49:17 PM »
That's a really cool machine, Outrider. I like those old ones. They really work nicely when in decent operating condition.

Offline Dalton Masterson

• Freeda Bee Mee's driver and ammo loader
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Wheeeeee!
    • Dalton Masterson's site
  • SASS #: 51139
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #213 on: November 15, 2009, 07:58:52 PM »
Well all these car pics here, and not one of my current ride.
Its a 1963 1/2 Galaxie 500 with 352/3 speed. I have a rebuilt 390 from my previous 63 Galaxie endeavor that will go into this one when the 352 gives out. Or when I get the interior and suspension rebuilt, and its just time to swap it in.
Also a pic of the 51 Ford Firetruck we used to haul my wifes cheerleaders in for homecoming parades. Its gone now, but only had 8,000 miles on it.
Thats Fort Masterson there as well, but now has a  new front porch.
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #214 on: November 15, 2009, 08:16:26 PM »
Very cool, Dalton. I like that Galaxie. Nice car. I suppose I'll have to round up another cool toy some day.

Offline Dalton Masterson

• Freeda Bee Mee's driver and ammo loader
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Wheeeeee!
    • Dalton Masterson's site
  • SASS #: 51139
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #215 on: November 15, 2009, 08:22:31 PM »
And here are a few of the past ones.
The 68 Torino GT 390 got away, and I sadly miss it. Was a fun car, and had unimaginable power. The previous owner dressed it with 69 Cobra emblems, but it still looked good. It was my wifes by the way.

The 65 Comet I still have, but its probably rusty beyond repair. It was my favorite car out of all of them. I was the second owner, and paid a whopping 200 bucks for it. Its sitting at my parents now, with the 289/3spd still in running condition. We have a 64 Comet 4dr sitting beside it, and hopes are to swap the drivetrain over and do up the 4 dr for Freeda.

After I get the Galaxie all done up, I would like to start on the 70 Maverick Grabber that my dad traded his 70 Chevelle SS 396 for when I was little. Its down the line tho. Would like to get it done in time for my son to drive it, but we will see.
DM
PS, sorry these pics are a little fuzzy. They were taken with my digital of the original photos.
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 283
« Reply #216 on: November 15, 2009, 09:09:59 PM »
Howdy Dalton,
I just knew that there were a lot of Pards on this Forum who have some cool cars to show. You have some real great iron there Dalton. I sure like your 63 Galaxie. I got married 1964 and my new father-in-law let us take his 63 Galaxie 2-door hard top on our honeymoon. He had to use my 63 Corvair convertible for two weeks. Thanks for sharing this with us. It brought back some good memories for me.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Offline JD Alan

• Pistol Packin Parson
  • Top Active Citizen
    • New Life Church Website
  • Liked:
« Reply #217 on: November 16, 2009, 12:16:03 AM »
The car is a 51 Chevy that I still have. It has 60 thousand miles, needs an interior but otherwise is in good shape.  I’ve always had an old car of some sort, and I’ve had this one since 2003.

For a short time I owned all three bikes at the same time. After owning many Hondas, I bought my first Harley in 2003, the Anniversary Road King. A couple of years later I got a chance to pick up the Heritage from a guy down the street for a ridiculously low price. I bought it, thinking a friend would eventually buy it from me, which is what happened   

In 2007 I walked into my local Harley dealer to order some Reinhart pipes, and walked out with the Street Glide. It was 10 months old, and had 810 miles on the odometer. It also has Reinhart pipes, and tons of add ons. I sold the Road King, and still have the Glide. I’m not riding any more, due to the stroke, so it’s for sale. 

The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Offline cowboywc

• Top Active Citizen
    • Leather by WC
  • Liked:
« Reply #218 on: November 16, 2009, 04:36:45 AM »
Howdy All
Here is my first car in High School, 56 Chevy 4dr wgn.
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Offline cowboywc

• Top Active Citizen
    • Leather by WC
  • Liked:
« Reply #219 on: November 16, 2009, 04:39:11 AM »
This is my 2nd car, bought it in 1977. Had original 265 and powerglide. Drove it to Vegas when I married my first wife. Still have it but it's been parked for a long time. Someday......
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com