Author Topic: R & D Conversion  (Read 2615 times)

Offline Sherod Hunter

• Active citizen
  • If you run, you`ll only die tired
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
R & D Conversion
« on: April 20, 2005, 02:40:44 PM »
Howdy.

I would like to buy the R & D 5shot conversion for the Uberti 1860, but SASS says they dont know if it is SASS approved even though the add for it says it is.

Anyone here know anything about this issue?

Best regards,
Sherod Hunter
SASS #61558
SWS #845
AZR #12

Offline Cheyenne

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: R & D Conversion
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005, 05:05:24 PM »
SASS Handbook, Page 37, section: Safety Practises

6. Six-guns are always loaded with only five
rounds and the hammer lowered and left resting
on the empty chamber. Five shooters
may load five rounds, but the hammer must
rest on a dummy chamber or safety slot in the
cylinder so the hammer does not rest on a
live round/cap.

This is straight from the latest manual. Before we spent a lot of time and energy developing these conversion cylinders, we made a prototype and took it to the TG meeting at the SASS Convention to get a ruling on the use of this five shot cylinder for SASS Use. It was designed with ten stop notches, five of which lock the cylinder out of firing battery. It was approved by the TG's and the rules were ammended to reflect approval for use.

This also made the Kirst five shot Remington cylinder with the safety chamber a "SASS Legal" item.

If you are interested in purchasing one or more of these cylinders, we can fix you up, though they are not on our web site yet. Drop me an e-mail or call and I'll get you fixed up. ;)
Well..........Bye!

Offline Sherod Hunter

• Active citizen
  • If you run, you`ll only die tired
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 01:52:46 PM »
Howdy Cheyenne, and thanks for your reply.

Yes I would really love to have one, but can you match the price I found at Possible shop at $ 200 US, and is it a problem for you to send it to Norway? If you can, I will order one of you by mail later.

I have talked to Norwegian police and customs, and they had no problems with me importing one. A cylinder is not concidered as a gun-part in Norway.

I have obviously not seen the latest SASS handbook, so I did not know about this rule, thank you for illuminating this for me.

Best regards,
Sherod Hunter
SASS #61558
SWS #845
AZR #12

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:01:03 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com