Author Topic: 45-90 comparable ballistics  (Read 5929 times)

Offline drcook

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
45-90 comparable ballistics
« on: August 31, 2009, 11:19:45 PM »
Folks,

I invite you over to here:

http://forums.handloads.com/forum_topics.asp?FID=19

especially take note of the thread about 45-90 comparative ballistics in a 40 caliber. I would
appreciate any constructive input to the thread. The purpose of the thread is to end up
with a cartridge that would deliver accuracy out to 1000 yds with a recoil level that is manageable
to our spouses. ( I found that the best way to not have my obsession, er I mean my hobby not be
a problem is to keep my wife involved in it and having fun  ::) )

my wife is my primary shooting partner. we spot for each other. my wife is not a large person, and when
she goes to Alliance or one of the other long range matches I want a rifle that she can shoot, be
able to hit the targets and not get beat up by it.

I have a friend who is going to get a new rifle for his wife and that is what really prompted me to start
the thread there. We had started it on the Shiloh board, but I moved it there as there wasn't isn't any
of the politic discussions etc as is going on right now on the Shiloh site.

While the 45-70's do quite well, it is my opinion that the bigger 45's cut through the wind and such
better. I chose the 90 as the cartridge to get ballistics to emulate because of that.

if you have anything you would like to add, the best place to post it is on both sites of course, but feel
free to join in on the other site, or post any comments here of course.

thanks in advance
dave

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com