Author Topic: Has Anyone Tried Pinnacle in 56-50?  (Read 1455 times)

Offline Patrick Henry Brown

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Has Anyone Tried Pinnacle in 56-50?
« on: August 22, 2009, 06:28:07 AM »
I'm loading up some 56-50 rounds for my "new" AS Spencer carbine and was wondering if anyone here has tried Goex Pinnacle 3FG? I'm thinking I'll try some along with Goex 2FG and 777. If you have tried the Pinnacle, would love to hear your feedback.  :)

Offline Grapeshot

• Grapeshot. Cpt US Artillery
  • Top Active Citizen
  • WARTHOG
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Has Anyone Tried Pinnacle in 56-50?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 02:42:02 PM »
I'm loading up some 56-50 rounds for my "new" AS Spencer carbine and was wondering if anyone here has tried Goex Pinnacle 3FG? I'm thinking I'll try some along with Goex 2FG and 777. If you have tried the Pinnacle, would love to hear your feedback.  :)

Yes!  It works great.....Now let me tell you what i did to get it to shoot consistantly.  The first thing I did was to drill the flash hole out with a 3/32nd inch bit.  Then I filled the case full to the case mouth with 3Fg Pinacle and used a separate compression die compressed the powder far enough to seat a 350 grain .50 caliber bullet and taper crimp.  Be sure to use a Magnum Large Rifle Primer for consistant ignition. ;D
Listen!  Do you hear that?  The roar of Cannons and the screams of the dying.  Ahh!  Music to my ears.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com