Author Topic: Prayer Thread  (Read 27297 times)

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Prayer Thread
« on: August 19, 2009, 11:32:25 PM »
With all that's been going on, I thought we could use one.  This way The Big Guy won't have to scroll through all of our day to day business to get to what's important.

God Bless everyone of you.  Your wives, husbands and children as well.

If this aint yer thing just pass on bye, but if it is go for it. 
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
Re: Prayer Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 09:26:58 AM »
I wish God's blessings upon each one of us.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Silent Joe

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 01:11:06 PM »
Amen !

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:26:02 AM »

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 02:17:18 PM »
Amen+3
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 02:31:01 PM »
I had this one on my mind last last night for the relative of a friend.

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
 2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
       he leads me beside quiet waters,

3 he restores my soul.
       He guides me in paths of righteousness
       for his name's sake.

4 Even though I walk
       through the valley of the shadow of death, [a]
       I will fear no evil,
       for you are with me;
       your rod and your staff,
       they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me
       in the presence of my enemies.
       You anoint my head with oil;
       my cup overflows.

6 Surely goodness and love will follow me
       all the days of my life,
       and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
       forever.

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 04:50:40 PM »
Leo, The 23rd Psalm is always a good one. Most of us as youngsters, either learned it in church , sunday school, or vacation bible school.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 06:56:16 PM »
Leo, The 23rd Psalm is always a good one. Most of us as youngsters, either learned it in church , sunday school, or vacation bible school.

I remeber hearing it this way as a kid...

Senior est meus Upilio opilio ; EGO vadum non volo planto mihi ut decumbo in viridis pastus : plumbeus mihi praeter etiam aequora restituo meus animus : plumbeus mihi in semita of righteousness pro Suus nomen sake. Quin etiam , sententia EGO ingredior per valley of umbra of nex mos vereor haud malum : Pro sententia professio per ratio ; virga quod thy baculus they levamentum me.Thou instruo a traba pro mihi in presentia of mei enemiesThou annointest meus caput capitis per oil ; Meus vas cursor super. Nam goodness quod misericordia vadum insisto mihi totus dies of meus life,and EGO mos incubo Domus of Senior forever.

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 07:35:57 PM »
Leo, HS Latin was a long time ago, so I'll take your word for it.

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 08:06:41 PM »
Leo

Close to what TLD said, my only exposure to Latin was the two semesters in High School, I worked in the Language Lab. (Didn’t take a language then).   The Latin classes were the only ones that didn’t show up for their lab  time, so I played the tapes just for fun.  Learned a little bit.
I became a Catholic late in life (Baptized on Holy Saturday Night in front of everyone(was 22 at the time)) , so the Priest spoke English and faced the congregation.

Glad to hear the fires managed to stay away from your place!!

Those were also great pictures of one of our newest Marines!!!
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2009, 08:33:02 PM »
Thank you Russ.  I still have to get my scanner working so I can put up the "official" picture of him.

The school I went to as a kid was run by the Domincan order, so we had a lot of Latin.  It is now considered a dead language which is sad.  When you hear it spoken fluently it is really beautiful.  I'm just now starting to dive back into it.

Roland Deschain

Offline Charlie Bowdre

• PISTOLARO .
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Charlie Bowdre
  • SASS #: 87747
  • GAF #: 502
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2009, 09:01:20 PM »
Evening pards
Although I don't post a lot , I spend a great deal of time reading these posts . Leo , Texas LD , Silent Joe and all are as close to me as those I see each day so I ask your favor in sharing this with me.

Now it has been a while since I've bowed my head , but tonight is a very special one for me .
 I'm getting along a bit , a bum heart and diabetes along with 35 years as a lawman to sour my innards .

Not too hopeful that I'd ever live to hold a grandchild . Until tonight ,when my youngest son and his wife sent us a video of an Ultra Sound of our first Grandchild . a little boy  as yet unnamed and due on January 18th or so.

I can not describe the feeling in my heart . I know God holds this child in the palm of His hand . It still amazes me that no matter how sometimes we forget Him , He is always there  for each of us

As well I know you will know exactly how I feel as I pray for  this child.
I'm rambling but I just had to speak this out.
Thank you
Dutchy
"I'm too old to go soldiering any more , too stiff in the joints to ride point and too dam fat to wrestle drunks Any day they don't pat you on the face with a shovel is a good one"

BOLD 887 
Bvt.Major  Chaplain  GAF  502 
STORM 271 
SASS 87747
CHINOOK COUNTRY

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2009, 09:21:09 PM »
Thanks for posting Dutchy.

The fact that your prayers are for the baby and not yourself says enough.  That aint rambling.
I pray that you see that child born, from the bottom of my heart.

Roland Deschain

Offline Scarlet Angel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2009, 10:25:33 PM »
I wish God's blessings upon each one of us.

Amen

Do not let the frequency or the place you bow your head stop you from posting here.

View from where I prefer to bow my head from time to time.

"The Scarlet Angel, heaven and hell all rolled into one.... I’d hate to be the one on the hell side.” ~Patches McDuff

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."  Mark Twain

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2009, 03:15:48 AM »
Beautiful Scarlet, just beautiful.

HE is in the rocks and trees, the flowers and on the breeze,
Look for HIM and HE will find you.

My prayers are with each and everyone of you.
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Charlie Bowdre

• PISTOLARO .
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Charlie Bowdre
  • SASS #: 87747
  • GAF #: 502
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2009, 05:54:46 AM »
Amen to that .
Dutchy
"I'm too old to go soldiering any more , too stiff in the joints to ride point and too dam fat to wrestle drunks Any day they don't pat you on the face with a shovel is a good one"

BOLD 887 
Bvt.Major  Chaplain  GAF  502 
STORM 271 
SASS 87747
CHINOOK COUNTRY

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2009, 07:51:37 AM »
Dutchy, I guess that it's just part of the job. I got the high BP(controlled by medication), Type 2 Diabetes(somewhat controlled), and the innards business. I' am overjoyed at the fact of you becoming a grandparent. The Moose and I never got around to having any kids, so no grandkids. This is a special time for you, enjoy it.

Silent Joe

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2009, 12:15:43 PM »
Dutchy, as Kid I'm raised as a Catholic (indeed with Latin), but when I grow up I lost my faith in what the Church told me. Now, I'm a believer in a Higher Power and I like to call this The Great Spirit. So, I pray for you and your son and wife that they may have a beautiful child and that you may see him be born and enjoying his years as your grandson. Angel, seeing that picture of yours, you can hear the silence. It must be a Holy Place.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2009, 12:20:08 PM »
I know that view Scarlet.  It's one of them that a picture doesn't do justice.  I had the same experience when I visited my Dad and Mom  in Sedona.  It was dark when we arrived and we couldn't see anything.  Woke up in the morning and there were all those amazing rock formations surrounding us.  It definately reminded me of who's in charge.  The painted desert at 6 AM was just the same.
HE is the best artist and inspiration.

I understand what you are saying Joe.  Being raised Catholic isn't easy and I haven't set foot in one of there churches in over 25 years.  But I sure do believe.

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2009, 12:34:06 PM »
Some folks want and need structure in their religion, that may not be for every one. Each person has what they believe inside them and it really doesn't matter where, when, or how they express this belief.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2009, 01:18:58 PM »
I believe somethin was written somewhere about that.

"But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly."

Roland Deschain

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com