Author Topic: Ruger Factory Service Question  (Read 2825 times)

Offline Hylander

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Ruger Factory Service Question
« on: March 25, 2005, 04:45:36 PM »
Well My brand new Vaquero needs work :(.
The cylinder was not cut correct, they chamfered the face of the throats
very sloppy work. Also the back of the Cylinder is very rough >:(.
Will be sending it to Ruger along with a letter from my Smith explaining the
problem and asking for them to install a new Cylinder.
How is their service and what kinda time frame
am I looking at getting this thing back.

Offline RIO DEL RIO

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Ruger Factory Service Question
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2005, 01:07:06 PM »
I had two identical Vaquero's with similar problems.  I wrote then a letter explaining the problems and inclosed it in the package which I sent on March l6 about 2:30 PM by UPS.  I received the pistols back at 11.30 on March 26. via United Parcel.  I was pleased with their work.  When I sent them out, I followed their instructions of no cases, or other covers but I was left with a dilemma as mine are stainless steel and I take pride in all my equipment.  I borrowed 2 flour sack dishtowels (unused) from MISS SCARLETT and wrapped them in the towels before the bubble wrap.  As they were inexpensive, I thought they would put them in the trash but they didn't.  About 4 days later I received a package via UPS containing one dishtowel, no note, but it was assigned a number.  I received the guns back on Saturday and the following Monday, I received the other dishtowel back the same way.  I have never received a note, bill or any communication from them.  Normally I get a copy of a work order with notations of what was done and who did the work but this time, nothing, but the pistols work fine.  The repair cost was terrific
NOTHING except the $42.00 outbound shipping via UPS.

Offline jonah hex

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2005, 07:22:28 AM »
I sent a Ruger Security Six I had bought at a gunshow to the factory for rebluing.  The normal price to have this done is $50.  I sent the gun a letter and a check.

The factory contacted me and said that they detected a crack in the frame and replaced the Security Six with a Brand New GP-100.  The gun I sent them cost me 135.00  and they replaced it with a gun that retails (around here) for around 450.00.

I was very satisfied.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:16:55 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com