Author Topic: Smoke Wagon Grips  (Read 3069 times)

Offline Old Doc

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Smoke Wagon Grips
« on: July 02, 2009, 10:55:54 PM »
I am considering a new Smokewagon but have not had the opportunity to handle one. I am concerned about the slim grips. I have small hands and usually like slim grips but I had to change out the grips on my New Vaquero because they were TOO slim. Can someone, who has a Smoke Wagon, comment on the grip profile and how it compares to the new Rugers? Thanks.

Offline Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live To Fight Another Day
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Smoke Wagon Grips
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 10:11:21 AM »
Hello Doc

Your question really needs to be answered my you, it's all about what feels good to you not some other pard, I have large hands, and put Gun Fighter Grips from Eagle Grips on my New Model Ruger Vaquero's, and that gave me exactly what was right for me, if you say you have small hands, the Gun Fighter grips might work well for you too, they seem to have a big following by both by pards with large and small hands, I found the smoke wagon to have average size grips on them, but with checkering, I shoot 45 long colt, and prefer a smooth grip, if I were to carry my gun in cold or wet weather, the checkered grips would be my choice, but for CAS, smooth works better for me.

Regards

tEN wOLVES   ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Offline Old Doc

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 11:19:58 PM »
Thanks, Ten Wolves but the grips you found to be "average" are advertised as being "slim" by the distributor. I have only seen photos of it in a magazine and  and before buying one online,wondered if anyone had compared it to a Ruger NV with which I am familiar and found too slim. It seems from the photos, that the Smoke Wagon, while slim at the top may be thicker at the base than the Ruger. Anyone else have any experience with both?

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:33:52 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com