Author Topic: IAB Sharps percussion  (Read 3749 times)

Offline willyboy

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
IAB Sharps percussion
« on: June 15, 2009, 06:22:29 PM »
looks like I'll be comeing into a IAB .54 percussion model ''Sporting Rifle pretty soon.Any tips or obsevations?I'm fifty,and been shooting BP since I was eleven,so I'm not new to the sport,but it IS my first ''Sharps''.Any tips from pards that own one?

Offline willyboy

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: IAB Sharps percussion
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 12:42:46 AM »
hello?

Offline ndnchf

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 06:34:25 AM »
Here is where you want to go. 

http://www.shilohrifle.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=8&sid=2ac1bb6bceca131bf865daef1b91a08a

Take some time and read through all the posts there. While it is a Shiloh forum, 90% of it applies to all percussion Sharps.  Others brands are discussed there too.
"We're all travelers in this world.  From the sweet grass to the packing house, birth till death, we travel between the eternities"  Prentiss Ritter, Broken Trail

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:52:29 AM »

Offline willyboy

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 09:23:45 PM »
Thanks,just the sort of thing I was looking for.

Offline WV Scrounger

• Top Active Citizen
  • HILLBILLY
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 09:41:13 AM »
 Check your chamber before you live fire it...Some IAB Sharps have a sliding chamber sleeve and some have a Fixed sleeve that does not slide...if your gun has a solding sleeve you must clean it very well after shooting otherwise it will freeze up and not work in conjunction with the breech plate to provide a gas seal....

You will most likely need a pedersoli made chamber seal tool....not cheap
dont bother with the little tools that dont have a rod and handel...they are Junk.

let us know how you and your new sharps get along...mine was a fine shooter...I just like my pedersoli buisness rifle much better. course it was much more Expensive!  Git what ya pay for....yep!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com