Author Topic: E.N. Santa Barbara Remington New Model Army  (Read 6116 times)

Offline drjldavis

• Top Active Citizen
    • Replica Percussion Revolver Collector's Association
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
E.N. Santa Barbara Remington New Model Army
« on: May 23, 2009, 02:36:23 PM »
I would be interested in buying a Santa Barbara Remington New Model Army that is half engraved.  They produced three factory engraved Remingtons, one half engraved with engraving on frame and cylinder, one with frame, cylinder and part of the barrel, and one with frame, cylinder and full barrel engraving.  I have two of these but not the half engraved. 

If you have any unusual Santa Barbara Remingtons I would like to hear from you.  Also, any that may have the CVA name on them(none found yet).

Toll free: 866-322-6854

Offline covinplus

• Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: E.N. Santa Barbara Remington New Model Army
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 07:41:22 PM »
Hi,

I have just purchased a SB new model army.  It seems from your post that you know something about them.  I bought it just because it was so beautiful. Fully engraved with some of the engraving polished so that it looks almost like silver inlay.  The serial number is in the very low 500's.

Can you tell me much about it?

Thanx

Offline shaidorsai

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 01:30:44 AM »
It is one of the best quality replica Remington's ever made.  I've had mine for 25 years.  Half-engraved, but still pretty.  It is a fine shooter.  You are very lucky!  They have not been made by E.N. Santa Barbara for over 20 yeaars.  Still very popular with shooter's here and in europe.  Parts can be a problem.  Fortunately, if the gun is kept clean and cared for, it is very robust.  Mos common damage is to the nipples from dry firing by the the unknowing, or uncaring.  E.N. Santa Barbara is the Spanish Government's Small Arms Arsenal.  They are still in business as a military arms maker.  Alas, they gave up the consumer arms business.  They made some other fine replicas as well.  If your fully engraved Remington is in fine (collectible)shape I would not shoot it.  Put on display and admire it.  If it has a bit of wear on it, it will be a fine shooter.  Usually they shoot a bit low, which could be corrected by filing the front sight, at the expense of hurting its value.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:41:58 PM »

Offline savit260

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 10:00:04 PM »
I've got an eyeball on an E.N. Santa Barbara for sale, but the nipples are pretty well mushroomed.  Does anyone know if there are replacement nipples available?   I found one listing for an obsolete part number on line but that was it.  Will Pietta or Uberti nipples fit/work on these?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com