Author Topic: Anybody seen "The Tracker"?  (Read 4078 times)

Offline Harley Starr

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Anybody seen "The Tracker"?
« on: May 03, 2009, 01:04:00 AM »
I haven't seen this movie in almost twenty years! It was like finding a long lost friend. I've got to say the story is very dirty, gritty, and haunting. Kris Kristofferson's character is a man made hard and cold by the very landscape in which he had settled so long ago. And the music. The score by Sylvester Levay truly gives the movie exactly the right mood that it needs to convey. It's not an overwhelmingly brash score either. It does strike me as being more like a whisper into one's ear. It's also one of the few Westerns that I've seen where both the good guys and the bad guys carry a Remington 1875.

What do you think?
A work in progress.

Offline Mossyrock

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Anybody seen "The Tracker"?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 11:38:15 AM »
I was just thinking about this movie the other day.  I wonder if it is available on DVD.....  Sure, the'75s are cool, but go back and take a look at Kris' Sharps!!
Mossyrock

"We thought about it for a long time... 'Endeavor to persevere.' And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union."

Lone Watie

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 11:42:25 AM »
Is that the one where he carries a half round half octogon Sharps?  Couldn't remember if that was a KK movie or a Kenny Rogers one.  I'm right, KK could have taken some lessons fro tom Sellack on handling a Sharps. ;)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:03:11 AM »

Offline Harley Starr

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 02:58:38 PM »
I was just thinking about this movie the other day.  I wonder if it is available on DVD.....  Sure, the'75s are cool, but go back and take a look at Kris' Sharps!!

You can pick it up dirt cheap and brand new from amazon.com. ;D Saw Kris' Sharps! Might be the same one used by Kiefer Sutherland in Young Guns.
A work in progress.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 03:05:37 PM »
Must be the right one, didn't care for it, looked like someone handling a gun who didn't either know how to or really didn't want to.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Harley Starr

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 12:43:08 AM »
Must be the right one, didn't care for it, looked like someone handling a gun who didn't either know how to or really didn't want to.

I'm sorry Delmonico, but that last one flew over my head. ???
A work in progress.

Offline Stillwater

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 01:02:01 AM »
I have it on VHS, and I have watched it several times.

For such a bleeding heart liberal, christofferson is a damned good actor, even it he can't sing...! And he can't sing...!

Bill

Offline Mossyrock

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 08:07:00 AM »
You can pick it up dirt cheap and brand new from amazon.com. ;D Saw Kris' Sharps! Might be the same one used by Kiefer Sutherland in Young Guns.

Yup, it's the same rifle used by "Doc" in Young Guns, and by "Pat Garrett" in Young Guns II.  I am having a duplicate of it made by Shiloh.  It should be getting pretty close to production right now!   ;D
Mossyrock

"We thought about it for a long time... 'Endeavor to persevere.' And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union."

Lone Watie

Offline Harley Starr

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 10:50:14 AM »
Yup, it's the same rifle used by "Doc" in Young Guns, and by "Pat Garrett" in Young Guns II.  I am having a duplicate of it made by Shiloh.  It should be getting pretty close to production right now!   ;D

Mossyrock, let us know how she turns out. Just out of curiousity, I'm thinkin' about getting a Shiloh Sharps just like that one built, how much would that cost me?
A work in progress.

Offline Mossyrock

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 10:40:22 PM »
Mossyrock, let us know how she turns out. Just out of curiousity, I'm thinkin' about getting a Shiloh Sharps just like that one built, how much would that cost me?

Depending upon finish, wood grade and options, it can run you between $2,000 and silly!
Mossyrock

Lone Watie

Offline Harley Starr

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2009, 11:07:39 PM »
Depending upon finish, wood grade and options, it can run you between $2,000 and silly!

If it were me, I would definitely be hitting somewhere close to the silly mark!

Any thoughts on the music?
A work in progress.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com