Author Topic: Coach guns available  (Read 32761 times)

Offline Swengen

• Citizen
  • Saloon Keeper
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Coach guns available
« on: March 18, 2009, 12:03:13 PM »
Hi everyone.  I'm  hoping for a quick answer to a question that's been bothering me.  Are there any 12 gauge coach guns imported today that aren't made in China?  I thought Uberti made the Cimarron but just found out that Poly Tech in China makes them.  Just looking at options before I pull the trigger.  Thanks for any help!
If I bleat when I speak, it's because I've just been fleeced.

Al Swearengen

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
Re: Coach guns available
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 03:31:56 PM »
Yeah..

The Remington is made by Baikel in Russia.
Stoeger is imported by Stoeger/Uberti/Benelli from S. America (Brazil)
There are two from Turkey (good luck getting parts if needed)

The TTn Muley ( Cimarron, Taylor's, ) (I think EMF my still offers them too) is from China and TANK tough.
I've shot one for 3 + years  ;D you won't be sorry.
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 07:48:14 PM »
+1 on the TTN, been shooting mine since 2004. No problems...............Buck 8)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:54:30 PM »

Offline Haggis MacGurk

• Apprentice Maker of Big Sooty Clouds
  • Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 10:21:11 AM »
My shootin buddy just bought one of the CZ coachguns, which is made in Turkey, but is the nicest one I've seen yet. Head and shoulders above anything else out there as far as fit and finish. Problem is, they are also pretty expensive. He paid about 900. CDN for it, which I think is about 60 bucks US right now. ;D

Offline Daniel Nighteyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 01:16:01 PM »

The TTn Muley ( Cimarron, Taylor's, ) (I think EMF my still offers them too) is from China and TANK tough.
Yes EMF does, and a big AMEN to the TTN Muley!

Offline Digger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 10:58:45 PM »
Hi Y'all,

The Pioneer Arms coach gun is made in Poland.  It's a little plain, a little heavy, and a little pricey, but it's a top notch shotgun made from the blue print up as a CAS gun.  Competition ready out of the box.  Fit and finish outstanding.  Greener cross bolt lock.  I also have a Remington/Baikal 12 ga and a Stoeger 20 ga. coach guns, and the Pioneer is unquestionably the pick of the litter.  Compared to the Pioneer, the Baikal is going to need a complete rebuild to come close.  The Stoeger is fine, but it's one of the older ones.  It's also a 20 without the mule ears.

I can't rave enough about the Pioneer.

http://www.pioneer-pac.com/product.html

Digger

Offline sixgunshorty

• Citizen
    • Nevada Western Firearms
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 03:00:18 PM »
I have the Pioneer in stock...give me a call if interested in purchasing
$1300 + shipping....you will not be disappointed!
Sixgun Shorty
Scott meyer
 775 5885416
rsmhd_1@charter.net
SASS#35717
RO II
NRA
CFDA
W3Gun
VCA

Offline jimsouth

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 06:17:05 PM »
I believe Stoeger does manufacture a coach gun with hammers. Some years ago I bought a LeFever 12 g. Nitro Express. 22 inch barrels. Beautifully made; and like a fool, I sold it. It was hammerless; and I'm not sure if it was a standard LeFever model or a custom job. Company may have been a partner with Ithaca Gun Co. I know some professional work was done at the muzzle ( choke assembly ??? ) . Now I have the reliable Mossberg pump; but I would like to find another quality 12 g. side by side coach gun  ( with or without exposed hammers ). I wouldn't consider anything Chinese. I don't like their engineering; and I don't want to risk losing a thumb if the breech blows. So sorry I ever sold the LeFever.

Offline rickk

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2010, 02:47:01 PM »
Jim South,

If yours was a later "Lafever" marked gun, it was actually 100% Ithaca. Ithaca bought the name when Lafever went out of business and marked some of their line with the Lafever name.  Nothing wrong with them... I have one that  was made in the 30's, and I even have the box that it came in. I came across it during one of those widow getting rid of deceased husbands guns "deals" that don't happen too often enough in one's life. I saw one at a gun show today in worse shape, and without the box (of course) for 3x what I paid for mine.

Offline ShenandoahRed

• Citizen
  • SASS # 90445
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2010, 01:42:49 PM »
Yeah..

The Remington is made by Baikel in Russia.
Stoeger is imported by Stoeger/Uberti/Benelli from S. America (Brazil)
There are two from Turkey (good luck getting parts if needed)

EMFs come from China?  I thought they were from Italy. For me quality is less of an issue than were the shotgun
comes from. I do not want to buy a weapon made / assembled in China.  >:( I do not have a choice when I get a new telephone. But with shotguns I should have a choice. I want a gun with external hammers. Here about three hours ago, I was happy to discover, that EMF had an "Italian" shotgun for the price of a Stoeger: <$460. I guess that I will have to get a Stoeger w/o external hammers, after all.  ::)

Shenandoah Red

t

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2010, 05:14:31 PM »
You might hunt up a Rossi...they quit making them about 9-10 years ago but they show up on GunBroker...

Offline joec

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2011, 07:14:38 PM »
Centerfire Systems here in Kentucky gets a SxS 12 gauge made in Denmark or Russia not sure which, but on occasion they have them. They have the double hammer, double trigger and get pretty good ratings on dependability. I might add they are even cheaper than Stoeger and have a bit better fit and finish. I looked at one when there a while back but took home a RIA 1911 CS instead. When I went back to get the shotgun it was gone but they have carried them over the years pretty regularly. I'm on their waiting list for one when they get them back in stock.

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/
Joe
NCOWS 3384

Offline mrwilmoth

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2012, 09:01:46 PM »
The Pioneer looks awesome but at $1300 I do not know if its that awesome!

Offline Pappy Myles

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2012, 02:29:51 PM »
I have an older TTN, works great.  Only thing I had to polish was the ejectoy.  There was some "out of round tooling on the ejector where rim of the shell was hanging up.

AA's, STS are slicker then you know what.
Been playing with Magtech Brass and black powder.  I may not be the fastest, but I am the smokiest.
NRA Patron Member
NRA Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
TSRA Life Member
USMC Vet
Dirty RAT # 308
Life SASS # 59784 ROI and ROII

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2012, 08:22:13 PM »
Not caring for the attenuated look of 'coach guns', my wife and I just bought Brazilian made Stoeger 'Uplanders' with 26" barrels.
She bought hers first (20 ga) and I liked it so much I went back and bought myself one in 12 ga. Just shot it with BP in a 5 stage match and it worked flawlessly.
With it's wide 'beaver tail' fore stock, I don't get hot paws after 6-8 rds like I do with my original Ithaca 'Flues' and it's splinter fore stock.

My Stoeger is fine right out of the box and dumps it's rounds with just a slight shake. Hers needs a little work to make it open easier and the right trigger pull has to be 10-12 lbs. It's being worked on right now. Ribbed 20 ga cases need to be flicked out, but smooth WW AAs drop out.

Our club is building a skeet range and I expect to use both shooting skeet. I've got Winchester M12s, but there's something about a SxS you can't get with a pump gun.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline Marshall John Joseph

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2012, 08:51:41 PM »
FWIW I have been told by reps at Cimarron that the Coachguns will be shipping to dealers in three weeks or so.  I have three on order and have my fingers crossed.  Built in China by Polytech, they should be nice and still affordable.  We shall see.

MJJ

Offline joec

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2012, 09:09:06 PM »
My shootin buddy just bought one of the CZ coachguns, which is made in Turkey, but is the nicest one I've seen yet. Head and shoulders above anything else out there as far as fit and finish. Problem is, they are also pretty expensive. He paid about 900. CDN for it, which I think is about 60 bucks US right now. ;D

I have a Liberty through a PA company in the 80's that was imported from the same plant in Turkey that now makes the CZ. Now mine is branded as a Liberty but is as good as those sold by CZ now and the parts are pretty much interchangeable also. Mine was only imported one year with a 24" barrel but shots and functions good with really good fit and finish on it. I paid $350 used but have also seen the Coach length versions on Gun Broker and other sites like it. The CZ coach length I compared it to was the same gun but almost 3x the price. Mine showed no sign of ever being fired too when I got it. It also has the double hammer/trigger and can handle the 3" rounds though I've never shot one through it. Mine if I remember correctly was imported in 1984 as near as I've found out.
Joe
NCOWS 3384

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2012, 12:59:14 AM »
Davide Pedersoli make's a couple of SXS,  the Hammered breach loader version is called the Wyatt Earp...
I did check and the List price is in the high end,  up there with the Polish Pioneer.

The Pedersoli website also lists the 28" La Bohémienne hammered SXS .... I assume in the same price range

Offline Tornado

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 46
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2012, 07:24:38 AM »
FWIW I have been told by reps at Cimarron that the Coachguns will be shipping to dealers in three weeks or so.  I have three on order and have my fingers crossed.  Built in China by Polytech, they should be nice and still affordable.  We shall see.

MJJ

Marshall,
Do you know if they are going to be 20" barrels only?  

Edit:  I emailed Cimarron and they said they will have 20" and 26" in 12ga.

Offline hammer1

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2012, 07:33:26 PM »
I recently got a CZ hammer classic, 30 inch barrels, choke tubes, and 3" chambers. The steel butt plate started to bring tears to my eyes with 3" Kent fast steels. It was spirited to say the least. Its a beautiful shotgun, and Im very happy with it, They are expensive, 890 for mine. The hammers are the cool part for me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com