Author Topic: A weekend of shooting done!  (Read 3185 times)

Offline Irish Red O'Toole

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
A weekend of shooting done!
« on: February 13, 2005, 10:45:32 PM »
Well, after shooting both Saturday and Sunday, I am one beat cowboy. Saturday's match started in the rain but the liquid sunshine broke around 10:30 and we had a reaaly good shooting day. On 24 brave souls (I know I heard the word "stupid" more than once) braved the weather and came out and shot. But, I guarantee we that came had a ball!! Did really well on some stages. Shot some that were very forgetable. But, I was busting caps. That's the important thing.

Today was the W3G shoot. I got up early and beat feet to the range (mostly because Latin Guns does the food out there and does a killer breakfast burrito). To get to the range you have to cross a creek bed. We've had alot of rain out here lately. The creek bed where we usually cross looked questionable. So, I stopped on the near side and yelled across to ask if the road was passable. I was assured that it was and I trusted the advice given. Well, I went down into the creek bed and tried to make it up the far side....no way. I got bogged down in the middle of the creek. LAtin Guns came running up to tell me he meant another crossing point about a quarter-mile downstream. Well, that didn't help so we tried to get the van out. No luck. Ignatious Guns drove down to the property owners place and got him to bring up his tractor. With the tractor, I was pulled back across the creek. Not a great start to the day. Lefty Longridge even snapped a picture of me posing with my stuck van. Look for it on The Deadwood Boys Website soon. And, before you ask, yes, I took a ration of crap from everyone for being the first to get stuck in the creek. Latin Guns felt really bad for giving me bad directions, so he gave me a free breakfast burrito. It was ALMOST worth getting stuck....ALMOST. Oh, I picked up a new alias for that one....Muddy Bottom (thanks to Ivory Jack McCloud for the name)

As for the match, I did pretty OK. I beat the current World Champion Rolling Thunder, Simeon Reno and his partner, Hollywood. The three of us came in 13th, 14th, and 15th. And, as usual, we had the most fun making fun of each other. It's tough love!!   :P

Overall, even with the rain Saturday and trying to take a Chevy Astro 4x4ing in a creekbed, this was a fantastic weekend. I hope eveyone else's weekend was just as good as mine. If it wasn't....I had enough fun to cover you. 

Offline Micheal Fortune

• Top Active Citizen
    • Micheal Fortune
  • Liked:
Re: A weekend of shooting done!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005, 03:13:32 AM »
Hey great story, I had to work this weekend, as usual,  so I "almost" wish it was me getting stuck in the creek  :D
Saloon Keeper, Gambler, Shootist
Sun River Rangers Shooting Society / SASS 60159 / R.O.-1 / SBSS 1685 / G.O.F.W.G. 89 / RATS 58 / KGC 4 /

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2005, 06:48:23 AM »
How'd you get the handle of "Muddy Bottom" IROT? At some point did you fall into the mud on your kiester? ( I really shouldn't laugh at that image.... )

It sounds like an adventuresome and great day and makes for a wonderful tale.

:D

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:19:22 PM »

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2005, 12:00:17 PM »
Not quite, Annie.  But I was up to my a$$ in mud trying to get it out. :o ;D :D

Offline Ivory Jack

• Active citizen
    • ~The Cowboys~
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2005, 07:20:53 PM »
Hey Red,
You got the bottom of that van cleaned off yet?   ;D
Ivory Jack McCloud
SASS# 8534 LTG
Territorial Governor
~The Cowboys~

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2005, 02:21:51 AM »
Hey Red,
You funny man.... VERY funny man!!! :P

To answer the question, yes, the wife took it to the car wash today.

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2005, 06:38:19 AM »
Hey Red,
You funny man.... VERY funny man!!! :P

To answer the question, yes, the wife took it to the car wash today.

Dang, Muddy Bottom, you have a GOOD wife! I hope you treated her to something special.

:D

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

Foothills Drifter

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2005, 07:19:33 AM »