Author Topic: 45 Colt Championship 2009 National Shoot  (Read 3837 times)

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
45 Colt Championship 2009 National Shoot
« on: January 10, 2009, 05:28:28 PM »
Howdy Pards
Well it's on again this year . I want to thank Goex Black Dawge and Black Hills for there support again this year .
We will offer as last year smokeless and black powder . Shootist and Duelist class . Now last year we shoot the smokeless on Friday afternoon and we saved the black powder for the  Grand Fanile . Well when we looked at the difference in numbers of black powder shooters versus  smokeless the number was almost 2 to 1 . We discussed having the black powder shot on Friday this year instead of saturday giving people more time to clean weapons and then shooting smokeless on saturday . Do you think this will help increase the ammount of black powder shooters . This was what Doctor Bob suggested last year and I almost changed ,but I didn't because I wanted that to be the Grand Fanile . What do you think ????????

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 45 Colt Championship 2009 National Shoot
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 06:16:11 PM »
Rowdy, I don't shoot black powder, but Dr. Bob had a good point last year. He wanted to shoot on Friday so they would not have to clean their guns before the dinner and awards. I think he had a good ideal and may increase the number of shooters that enter that event. I know at the Eastern most all did shoot the black powder championship even though the dinner did follow. However there was plenty of time to clean their guns and get ready. TJ
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Offline French Jack

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 06:57:47 AM »
Either day is fine with me.  I clean my guns after shooting anyway.  Of course, it might make for a tight schedule to have both on Friday.  Since I don't shoot smokeless, it's no biggie to me.

THANKS GOEX!!!!! ;D     Love that SMOKE and Beller!!
French Jack

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:56:44 AM »

Offline Pancho Peacemaker

• NCOWS Texican Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #3120, SASS #75813
    • Pancho's Videos
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 02:15:39 PM »
Rowdy,

Several of us Texans were talking about this event at our club lunch yesterday.  Some of us are planning on attending the National shoot.   None of us knew the rules or course of fire for this event.  Please let us know the rules, course of fire and how much ammo we will need to compete.  I assume this is a side match for the National shoot?

Pancho
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

Offline Irish Dave

• Retired Marshal
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 08:24:04 PM »

Pancho:

Rowdy can sure give you the particulars, but I can help with some generalities, I think:

1) Ammo is donated (and everyone shoots the same provided factory rounds) by Black Hills (smokeless) and Black Dawge (BP).
2) Last year the course of fire was 3 mini-stages (pistols only).
3) You need to bring 2 NCOWS legal .45LC revolvers.
4) Well, yeah, it's kinda like a side match, but more. The braggin' rights alone elevate this to several notches above the typical side match.. ;)  It's a great event that adds greatly to the excitement of the Nationals.
Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 08:57:21 PM »
Pancho, I will be writing the mini stages for the 45 colt championship. I have two of the black powder stages written. It's pretty simple 3 mini stages for the black powder championship. Trophies for the duelist and shootist champion. Three complete different stages for the smokeless championship. Again trophies for the duelist and shootist champions. These events will follow the main match stages, black powder on one day and smokeless the other. You will need two NCOWS legal 45 colt revolvers. Shoot 10 rounds ( five in each revolver) on each of the three stages. Ammo is furnished.  It will be FUN!!  See you there. TJ   Texas Jack Stephens.
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 11:05:49 AM »
Pancho
Irish Dave and Texas Jack basically gave you the run down all I can ad is How Much Fun Your Going To Have .
Looks like this year we will shoot the Black Powder on Friday Night and will shoot the Smokeless on Saturday .
We want to thank Black Hills and Goex Black Dawge for making this Event happen Thanks for Supporting NCOWS .

Offline Grizzle Bear

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2009, 07:32:18 AM »
I think it is a great idea to shoot on seperate days.

That way, we do not sully the sweet smell of God's Gunpowder with the awful stench of the devil's smokeless.

::)

Grizzle Bear

Rob Brannon
General troublemaker and instigator
NCOWS Senator
NCOWS #357
http://www.ncows.org/KVC.htm
"I hereby swear and attest that I am willing to fight four wild Comanches at arm's length with the ammunition I am shooting in today's match."

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2009, 08:29:29 AM »
Grizzle Bear, I too think all around it would be better to shoot on seperate days. Makes the events even better. Also think Dr. Bob had the best ideal. Black on Friday and smokeless on Saturday. I don't shoot black, but sure love to be there and hear the boom and watch as the smoke rings come out the barrels. TJ

Offline Trap

• NCOWS
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • John Torrence
  • NCOWS #: 851
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2009, 08:40:11 AM »
    TJ, there's always a first time.
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
 Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

Offline Dr. Bob

• Dr. Bob
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Physician and Sporting Gent aka Bob Dorian
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2009, 12:18:39 AM »
TJ,

Yer welcome to shoot my revolvers for the Holy Black .45 Colt Championship.  They will be dirty from my shooting and another 30 rounds will not be any sort of problem. ;D  After all, that is what friends are for!!  As my friend Trap would say,  "Ya better do it!!" :o ::) ;)
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2009, 09:00:53 AM »
Dr. Bob, Thanks you my friend. I accept your fine offer. I had two Taurus SS 45 colts that I had planned to shoot last year at the 45 colt championship. Even had bought a couple boxes of the Black Dawge ammo to see where they shot. They shot fine. At the last minute French Jack and I made a trade and he ended up with them both. I  just couldn't shoot black through my USFA NCOWS revover. French Jack liked those Taurus's, he came in second. Maybe by the time the championship rolls around I will have a couple that I can shoot. Again thank you for the offer. If it would make my buddie Trap happy, I better do it ! See you in June. TJ  :)

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2009, 07:22:36 AM »
Howdy Pards
I am in the process of trying to shoot a video . I am wanting to try to promote our SPORT if I can get this to work out I will put on youtube and have a link to get to it . This video will be about the 45 Colt Championship . Wish me luck .

Offline Irish Dave

• Retired Marshal
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2009, 10:10:35 AM »

Good luck, Rowdy.
Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Offline Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live To Fight Another Day
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2009, 10:18:28 AM »

Howdy Rowdy

Good luck indeed, I hope this works out

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Offline Dr. Bob

• Dr. Bob
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Physician and Sporting Gent aka Bob Dorian
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2009, 12:38:58 PM »
Me three! ::) ;D  Hope that it is all smooth sailing and that there is a whole big bunch of smoke!! ;) ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com