Author Topic: about to ride  (Read 2671 times)

Offline trooper

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
about to ride
« on: February 05, 2005, 05:29:31 PM »
Pards,

I am spending a couple of weeks with the Paradise Pistolaroes in Paradise Texas along with Uncle Red in October 2005, RB Rooson has arranged a days Western Riding for me, the details of which he will not give, now I have only sat a horse twice and in England there aint much western riding done at all and the two I have riden one was a pony trek in Cumbria and a two year old could have done that as the horse just followed the one in front and the other was a donkey on the beach at Blackpool, so if anyone has any idea how the hell I am gonna manage to stay on or a method of doing so I would be glad of the help, Trooper ???

Offline Uncle Eph

• Top Active Citizen
  • Never trust anything designed after 1912
  • Liked:
Re: about to ride
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2005, 05:35:20 PM »
velcro  ;D ;D ;D
WARTHOG, GAF #364, SASS #53354, BOLD #549, SBSS #1483, STORM #5, NRA, CRSO, ASSRA, SDOP, SUV, GOFWG #19, 7-7-79 SNL WINNER

The Arapaho Kid

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2005, 05:54:32 PM »
Two suggestions:  Super Glue....Duct Tape!    ;D ;D ;D  In all seriousness...if they don't do any trotting, cantering, or galloping...yer safe!  Staying aboard a hoss when it's walking is a piece of cake.  My other suggestion would be...if there is a riding stable near you...go have a couple of lessons, or a couple rides to get used to it.  if all else fails...when you get to your destination....make sure those folks know that you ain't sat a hoss for a while.  Falling from a hoss ain't a whole lotta fun.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:12:07 AM »

Offline Micheal Fortune

• Top Active Citizen
    • Micheal Fortune
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2005, 06:45:43 PM »
Adjust your stirrups right, not too long.  You should be able to stand slightly in the saddle. 

Tell them your not a rider! 

Hold on with your knees and the pommel if you have too.  Don't fight it, just roll with the animal, unless of course the horse has just found some nice warm sand and wants to roll on their back.... :o  Relax and have a good time.  (Lord please help Trooper)   :)
Saloon Keeper, Gambler, Shootist
Sun River Rangers Shooting Society / SASS 60159 / R.O.-1 / SBSS 1685 / G.O.F.W.G. 89 / RATS 58 / KGC 4 /

Offline Laredo Crockett

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2005, 10:00:41 PM »
Worst thing is not staying on. IT's that if you ain't used to riding one's posterior gets a mite sore. YOu tend to ride a mite high in the Saddle the second day. suggest that, if possible, youdo some regular riding before you come just to get into shape for it.

Offline Buckshot Shell-E

• Very Active Citizen
    • Oregon Old West Shooting Society
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2005, 07:21:25 PM »
Hang on !!!!   ;D

And don't pick any horses named.....lightning....widowmaker.....etc.

Sounds like loads of fun!  You'll have to keep us posted on how your trip goes. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com