Author Topic: Welcome ta the Grassy Knoll--a not so stoopid thread 'bout con speer a see  (Read 48542 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Welcome ta the Grassy Knoll--a not so stoopid thread 'bout con speer a see
« Reply #160 on: December 27, 2008, 06:47:09 AM »
The last time I posted on this thread, it wasn't even up to 32.  This morning it is 72, go figure on this wacky weather.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #161 on: December 27, 2008, 10:51:35 AM »
Thanks pards.
'Specialy another red head :D 
     A recent study shows that the time is coming when there won't be anymore of em.

Leo 
No more Redheads?  :o :o :o :o :o

BTW, I think I figgured out what the ground shake was here a few weeks ago. It was the kraken in Pearl Lake trying ta break thru the ice. Pearl Lake is a few miles from here.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #162 on: December 27, 2008, 10:58:25 AM »
We supposedly had a little shake around here a couple of months ago. It was only a mile or so north of the house. I never felt anything but it was reported.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #163 on: December 27, 2008, 11:24:24 AM »
We get them some winters, when the ground gets good and frozen down deep.  When I'm up-stairs I can feel the house vibrate and rattle, then in a few mor seconds I hear a chrash and a bang. :o  Scares me the first time every year, then I realize they just humped a car a bit to fast at the RR  yard a 1/2 mile south.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #164 on: December 27, 2008, 11:43:27 AM »
The closest RR yard is 45 miles in Stevens Point.  :o

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #165 on: December 27, 2008, 12:46:43 PM »
We need to let California keep them earthquakes to themselves.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #166 on: December 27, 2008, 01:23:05 PM »
Don’t get the shakes from below. It’s from above. Sometimes the Navy jets get a l’il low. Ain’t on the glide slopes here but occasionally they fly over ‘n they rattle the windows. Ain’t heard one break the sound barrier in awhile. They ain’t supposed ta in town. But when they do………….

The other thing is helicopters. There’s five banks within a mile of here. Two I can see from the back yard. When they get robbed the police fly over low. The ‘whop whop’ shakes the whole house.

No complaints with either. Make all the noise they want. Just sayin’.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #167 on: December 27, 2008, 01:36:05 PM »
I get rumbled by low flying KC-135's all the time, they do a lot of touch and go's and bank over us a lot.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #168 on: December 27, 2008, 01:52:25 PM »
the Air Guard in Ft. Smith has A-10's, sometimes they'll come up this valley on the north side of us about tree top level, then up the mountain and pop the sound barrier about the time they crest the top,  guess it reverberates off the face of the mountain,  sure stirs the turkeys up.
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #169 on: December 27, 2008, 02:00:58 PM »
I didn't know the A-10 could go super-sonic.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #170 on: December 27, 2008, 02:27:57 PM »
it may not, but the sound off the face of the mountain sure upsets them turkeys. ;D
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #171 on: December 27, 2008, 02:48:47 PM »
it may not, but the sound off the face of the mountain sure upsets them turkeys. ;D

Upsets Eye-rock-eee tank folks also. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #172 on: December 27, 2008, 03:10:36 PM »
Them  A 10s can do some serious damage with rockets and that Gatling gun mounted in the nose.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #173 on: December 27, 2008, 05:38:45 PM »
The A-10, not yer father's tank buster...

Livin in Southern California as a kid, we had a doggy door in the kithcen door.  When the super sonics came in the boom was enough ta blow the doggy door flap open.  Then we went an had an earthquake when I was five an thought it just the planes comin in.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #174 on: December 28, 2008, 02:04:37 AM »
When I worked the west side of Ft. Worth, I always got plenty of those jet fighters at Carswell and General Dynamics. Carswell is where they filmed "Strategic Air Command" with Jimmy Stewart.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #175 on: December 28, 2008, 10:59:04 AM »
When I worked the west side of Ft. Worth, I always got plenty of those jet fighters at Carswell and General Dynamics. Carswell is where they filmed "Strategic Air Command" with Jimmy Stewart.

But the film clips from the planes when they are landing are Offut.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #176 on: December 28, 2008, 01:19:27 PM »
They build the F 16 at the plant in Fort Worth, so there are always being tested.   Now that Carswell is a joint Reserve base, you see all kinds of planes flying around from fighters, trainers, tankers, and transports.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #177 on: December 28, 2008, 01:24:10 PM »
We get a lot of corperate type jets around here, Duncan Avation is one of the top service centers for those in the world.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #178 on: December 28, 2008, 01:48:50 PM »
All of our corporate stuff is at Meacham Field which in North Fort Worth.  There is a guy and his wife that own a B-17 and they have it in a hangar at Meacham.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #179 on: December 28, 2008, 02:33:16 PM »
No tellin’ whutcha’ll see in the air these parts. Got the bases with the military stuff. There’s that museum out it Pungo ‘n they fly old stuff occasionally. ORF has a terminal away from the main terminal for corporate with separate parkin’ so the rich folks (Kurt Busch) doan have ta mingle with us bottom feeders. Then there’s the one out off Battlefield Blvd. in Chesapeake that I think is all corporate ‘n charter. ‘Nother’n off 58 that with a mixture of light aircraft. Where I was takin’ my lessons ‘fore I ran outtah money.

Wanna see one them big triangular thingys folks er seein’ ‘round Area 51.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com