Author Topic: Aperture Sights Windage Adjustments  (Read 2309 times)

Offline Digger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Aperture Sights Windage Adjustments
« on: November 29, 2008, 01:54:24 AM »
Hi Y'all,

On the sights for most of the rifles I'm looking at, the soule tang sight and the front globe sight both have a windage ajustment.  I'm not clear on why both adjust for windage.  Wouldn't the windage on the tang sight be sufficient?  It would seem adjusting both is only going to complicate a tricky enough adjustment.

Thanks,
Digger

Offline French Jack

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Aperture Sights Windage Adjustments
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 07:14:06 AM »
Just a thought on the matter-- the adjustment on both the front and rear sights allow for more extreme windage adjustments. 
The adjustments on the front sight are used as well with rear tang sights that have NO windage adjustment.  Finally, some shooters prefer to adjust the front sight to leave the rear sight in the same position in regard to the face to stock relationship.

Personally, I do not use them, but, several shooters do, and do well with them.  There is a learning curve with any rifle and set of sights.
French Jack

Offline bear tooth billy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS Senator
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 54
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 11:45:31 AM »
My first gun I had both adjustments and I found as a beginner it overcomplicated things. When I had my
Shiloh built I put on a MVA buffalo sight, it has 44 moa adjustment either way and I really like that setup.
I was told by someone that they ran into a situation when that wasn't enough, that would be over 29
feet at 800 yds, which I haven't had any where near that --- yet

BTB
Born 110 years too late

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:12:10 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com