Author Topic: Getting the Model 1891 ready  (Read 1720 times)

Offline Capt. JEB

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Getting the Model 1891 ready
« on: November 22, 2008, 07:54:43 PM »
After nearly 2 years in storage I finally got the Model of 1891 three line rifle in the house to start cleaning/refurbishing.

This Mosin- Nagant was made in 1914 or 15, can't remember, captured by the Finns and rebarreled and restoced in 1942. Still has part of the Imperial Tsarist crest on the reciever ring.

It was capable of better accuracy than these eyes could see.

Now that the GAF has battle rifle catagories I need to experiment with some cast bullet loads and find me a Nagant revolver.
Commander Cavalry
Department of the Atlantic
Grand Army of the Frontier

Offline Grapeshot

• Grapeshot. Cpt US Artillery
  • Top Active Citizen
  • WARTHOG
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Getting the Model 1891 ready
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 01:49:00 PM »
The Soldiers of the US Army used the Mosin-Nagant M-91 Rifle in 7.62 x 54R during the 1918 - 1919 expedition into Russia when we fought with the White Russian Army against the Red Army up around Arch Angel.  It was one of the last times the USS Columbia saw action.

That would be an interesting impression to portray.
Listen!  Do you hear that?  The roar of Cannons and the screams of the dying.  Ahh!  Music to my ears.

Offline Charles Isaac

• Grand Army of the Frontier
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 02:29:23 PM »
I am looking forward to seeing the various rifles out there on the line being manipulated and fired. So far there will be krags and Mosins.

Hoping to see a 71/84 Mauser out there. A Remington Keene or a Winchester Hotchkiss would be a blast to see in action!

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:28:30 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com