Author Topic: A thread to abuse Leo for not knowin' who Hoppy is (+ now for other mistakes)  (Read 92087 times)

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: A thread to abuse Leo for not knowin' who Hoppy is
« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2008, 08:22:25 PM »
Ah dang, Hop Sing.  Right over ma head.

I was referrin ta Charlie Chan.  It aint a western, but that's where I remember the actor's name from.  (oops there's me goin an bein honest again).  The charactors name was Jimmy Chan.  There was one before him, don't know what happened ta him.

I will do my best to "get with the program" ;D  It's a long walk from dirty biker ta western traditionalist (I don't know nothin about cows an I aint no boy, so I refrain from usin that word) but it's a choice I made and why I'm here.  

I have ta say, I have learned more in the last couple of days about OLD westerns than from years of watchin the movies everybody knows, and some who nobody seems ta know.  Good thing is I have a sharp memory, and can can pull this stuff on some other guy down the road ::)

You guys are my mentors, and I appreciate all of this.

Hey Trin, was Peirce Brosnan ever in a western?  You might be on ta somethin there ;D

Oh, and I use Kleen Bore

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2008, 08:32:48 PM »
AH! #1 Son!  Leo, I'm O  K, You're OK!    This too will pass! 
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2008, 08:50:38 PM »
So I can use the truck tamarra? 

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Advertising

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 127
« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2008, 09:04:22 PM »
I Kleen my guns and bullets every day with WD 40.

TL, If those bullets are for your carry gun, Do yourself and us a favor and replace them with some fresh ammo and wipe every bit of the WD-40 off the gun. WD-40 is a penetrating oil and will work it's way into the primer and kill them, Not a good thing for a self protection gun. When I worked at the Gun Shop we had a retired NYPD Mounted officer come in to sell his old duty gun, It was a 6 inch Colt Official Police .38 special. He handed the pistol to me and I opened the cylinder and removed the ammo. It was damp and smelled of WD-40. I asked him about this and he said that he sprayed the gun down every day to keep it from rusting. I explained to him the penetrating property of WD-40 and we went into the indoor range to see if they would fire. NONE of them did, we went at least 4 times around the cylinder both double and single action. I'm sure I speak for all of us in saying that if you ever need that gun we want the ammo to go boom and not click.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: November 03, 2008, 09:16:51 PM »
I was told ta leave the WD on the shelf awile back.
     There is a fairly new product that is available an Wally World an K Mart called Jigga Loo.  I haven't tried it yet, but it's supposed ta do the job without fouling things up.  Ya can use it around the house too.  G&A supports it, an they're perty good about covering their butts.

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2008, 09:31:35 PM »
Instant, no questions asked, do not pass go, one day suspension in the Chesapeake PD if yer caught with WD 40 on yer duty pistol.

Now, for my cowboy guns 'n Holy Black. A very aggressive washin’ with Granny’s Lie Soap ‘n water followed by a thorough rinse down with salt water. Let ‘em air dry ‘n put ‘em in the safe ‘til next time.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2008, 09:48:05 PM »
That mix is fer makin Ellie May's skin feel like leather.  (yeah I know, I know, too much TV growin up). 

I thought you liked moose milk.  Mebbe ya should post that in the Den ;D ;D ;D

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2008, 10:05:19 PM »
Don’t post stuff like that in the Den no more. Some them fellers is too smart fer me. Why hell, they ain’t n’er met me er seen my stuff ‘n they know what I been loadin’ ‘n shootin’  fer years is dangerous ‘n my cleanin’ techniques won’t clean or protect my guns. It makes me so sad………

Found if ya use Ballistol ‘n Moose Milk ya get everything clean quick ‘n easy. That ain’t no challenge.

Now, ya use the other technique, ya get ta hold ‘em by the barrels it the range ‘n beat ‘em ‘gainst the cinder blocks ta knock the salt crust off. Leaves with a high grip, rusty surface ta help yer score.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: November 03, 2008, 10:33:00 PM »
Don’t post stuff like that in the Den no more. Some them fellers is too smart fer me. Why hell, they ain’t n’er met me er seen my stuff ‘n they know what I been loadin’ ‘n shootin’  fer years is dangerous ‘n my cleanin’ techniques won’t clean or protect my guns. It makes me so sad………

Found if ya use Ballistol ‘n Moose Milk ya get everything clean quick ‘n easy. That ain’t no challenge.

Now, ya use the other technique, ya get ta hold ‘em by the barrels it the range ‘n beat ‘em ‘gainst the cinder blocks ta knock the salt crust off. Leaves with a high grip, rusty surface ta help yer score.

LOL (I never say LOL, but that qualified)

What I need ta know is how Hoppy cleaned his guns.  I think I'm sposed ta know that.
  I'm destroyin history here, and yer the only one that ain't busted me in the sack over it.  Yer definately in the will ;)

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #89 on: November 03, 2008, 10:42:33 PM »
Hoppy didn't clean his guns....
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #90 on: November 03, 2008, 10:47:43 PM »
That’s what I thought. Wardrobe did…..   

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: November 03, 2008, 10:49:04 PM »
That’s what I thought. Wardrobe did…..   

zac-cul -lee ;D
Mathew 5.9

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: November 03, 2008, 11:07:50 PM »
Got it.  Ta be a real live western reenactor I need one of them guys. 
     Oh crud, I need ta learn how ta sing too.  I'm in way over ma head here. :P 

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: November 03, 2008, 11:10:35 PM »
ya got Del.... He's the "Nudie of Newbrasky" now he also has a line on some Colt SAA's with some slight mods can be fireable...but ya gotta know what yer doing ;)
Mathew 5.9

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: November 03, 2008, 11:19:19 PM »
"MAKE UP"

*puff puff puff*

Much better, now I feels like a real gunslinger.  Ma woulda been proud.

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: November 04, 2008, 04:04:41 AM »
Guys, My comments about WD 40 was tongue and cheek.  I spent 38 years as a Cop and the Army before that. I learned about the pitfalls of WD 40 a long time ago. The guns are usually handled by an armorer at the studio or the location.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: November 04, 2008, 05:56:51 AM »
What is all this fancy cleanin' agents you fellers are usin'?  I just stick mine in the dish washer.  I thought everybody did. ??? ???

Hey Trin, was Peirce Brosnan ever in a western?  You might be on ta somethin there ;D

Check out Seraphim Falls.

ya got Del.... He's the "Nudie of Newbrasky" now he also has a line on some Colt SAA's with some slight mods can be fireable...but ya gotta know what yer doing ;)

Now that's an image I didn't need.  (Yes, I know who Nudie was, but still...)
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Sod Buster

• My Barn, My Rules
  • Top Active Citizen
  • What happens in the Barn - Stays in the Barn
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #97 on: November 04, 2008, 06:43:34 AM »
Sakes alive guys, I'm only 37, knowin this stuff makes me feel like somethin's wrong with me ::)

37?  Ya missed both the 50's and 60's.  It is hard for me to respect someone that was born after the Beatles broke up!  ;D ;D
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: November 04, 2008, 07:12:35 AM »

Hey Trin, was Peirce Brosnan ever in a western?  You might be on ta somethin there ;D

Oh, and I use Kleen Bore

Leo

Yes with Liam Neeson and Anjelica Huston   "Seraphim Falls"    discount bin at Ya'll Mart

Should have known Trinity would have known....Montana picked up copy yesterday.
Mathew 5.9

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: November 04, 2008, 07:18:44 AM »
What is all this fancy cleanin' agents you fellers are usin'?  I just stick mine in the dish washer.  I thought everybody did. ??? ???

Make sure to use the Pots and pan cycle
Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com