Author Topic: Gunfighter method  (Read 3535 times)

Offline Angel_Eyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Gunfighter method
« on: September 14, 2008, 03:37:12 AM »
Can someone tell me how 'Gunfighter' class engages the targets please??? And the best way to practice!
Trouble is...when I'm paid to do a job, I always carry it through. (Angel Eyes, The Good, The Bad & The Ugly)
BWSS # 54, RATS# 445, SCORRS,
Cowboy from Robin Hood's back yard!!

Offline Jefro

• Top Active Citizen
  • know matter where you go, there you are
  • Liked:
Re: Gunfighter method
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 09:21:34 AM »
Howdy UK, the gunfighter engages the targets in the same sequence as others. From The Shooters Handbook:
• When a stage calls for 10 revolver rounds in a single sequence or the use of only one revolver for the stage, the Gunfighter may draw both revolvers and engage the targets. The Gunfighter shall shoot the targets in exactly the same sequence as prescribed in the stage scenario.

The easiest way for me to start was to count to five for each gun. Example, stage instructions, with each pistol Nevada Sweep three targets left to right. Traditional shooter first pistol 1-2-3-2-1, holster, second pistol 1-2-3-2-1.
Gunfighter starting with right pistol R1-L2-R3-L2-R1 next set of five L1-R2-L3-R2-L1. The gufighter shot the same sequence as traditional. As for practice, place some dots or sticky notes on a wall and dry fire different senarios. Also check out Doc Shapiro's tips and technices at JS Publications. Good Luck. ;D
http://www.jspublications.net/
http://www.jspublications.net/tips/GFIntro.html

Jefro, Relax-Enjoy
sass # 69420....JEDI GF #104.....NC Soot Lord....CFDA#1362
44-40 takes a back seat to no other caliber

Offline Angel_Eyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 09:57:08 AM »
OHHH yeah, got to have a go at that, whether I do it fast or not, it looks interesting,,,and FUN!

Thanks a bunch, Jefro
Trouble is...when I'm paid to do a job, I always carry it through. (Angel Eyes, The Good, The Bad & The Ugly)
BWSS # 54, RATS# 445, SCORRS,
Cowboy from Robin Hood's back yard!!

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:02:12 PM »

Offline Kidd Krystin

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 12:17:30 PM »
Hi, UK!

I'd shoot Jefro's scenario a bit differently for his two Nevada Sweeps starting from the left, although whichever way works best for you is the way to go.  When shooting left to right I always fire my left pistol first.  In his scenario I'd shoot L1, R2, R3, L2, L1, R1, L2, R3, R2, L1.  It may sound a mite confusing but in minimizes arm movement.  In any case, shooting gunfighter is a whole lot of fun.  I originally shot double duelist (left pistol left hand, right pistol right hand) but got converted by a couple of gunfighters in my club and have never looked back.   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com