Author Topic: Has anyone bought the Creedmoore sights form Tri Star  (Read 4409 times)

Offline Ace Lungger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Just taking one day at a time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Has anyone bought the Creedmoore sights form Tri Star
« on: August 13, 2008, 08:50:05 AM »
I know that some one on here was talking about them. I bought them for My IAB Sharps  that TriStar imports, and I wanted to ask here before I called them to ask, (How much windage control do you have with yours?) Maybe mine is okay, maybe I don't know what I am doing ??? ??? I can only turm my windage screw 1/3 of a turn, that doesn't sound like much, but I have never had a set so maybe that is all there is?
I would be great full for any and all help!
Thanks ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Offline French Jack

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Has anyone bought the Creedmoore sights form Tri Star
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 06:02:20 PM »
Not sure what arrangement you have for windage on the Tri Star sight.  Soule type sights have a windage knob that is calibrated, amounts of windage is on the order of 28 inches to either side of center.  Some vernier sights have a sliding adjustment of the eyepiece, most are marked with some reference marks as a witness.  These are adjusted by loosening the eye cup and sliding to one side or the other, then locked down by tightening the eye cup.  Amounts of windage available vary with different sights.

The third and last type has no adjustment for windage in the rear sight.  To adjust windage, the front sight must be drifted from one side to the other.  This of course is the least desirable type.

Quite a few of the inexpensive sights are the third type, or if they have moveable eye cups, the markings are very coarse and the ability to move precisely is non-existant.
French Jack

Offline Ace Lungger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 08:10:35 PM »
FJ,
 I just was not turn it hard enough1 Seems to be a flaw design in the way the sight was made! you have to get off the center holding pin and then the adjustments work freely!
 If I get time and figure out the best way to fix it I will this winter!
Thanks Greg
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:25:18 AM »

Offline Ace Lungger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 07:08:06 PM »
Howdy Pards,
 I just wanted to give everyone out there that if you buy the creedmore sites for the IAB sharps, you will have to fill the dove tail down on the front hood site (a lot) A friend of mine give me a Lyman that taped in good ang tight!

You wanted to tell anyone considering buying one, ask them when you call that it fits??
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Offline wwpete52

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 08:19:22 PM »
I sold my front IAB front sight on ebay when I got it because I wanted to be able to change the inserts.  I made almost enough on it to buy a Lyman 17A.  That being said, the IAB sights are a super bargin just for the two read sights.  I showed them to John at Buffalo Arms and he was very impressed them them for the money.  You can't find a deal like that anywhere. If you have ever seen the other brands of cheapo tang sights you will totally understand what I mean.   ;D

Offline Ace Lungger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 08:11:24 PM »
I got a call from the repair center at TriStar, he said he with threw all the ones he had and would send me out the best set, he said they all were going to have a little platy in them ??? ??? ???
I guess I will have to see when I get it>
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com