Author Topic: Appaloosa Trailer.  (Read 10576 times)

Offline Capt. Texas Elliot

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Appaloosa Trailer.
« on: August 07, 2008, 07:17:03 PM »
I surely am looking forward to this movie.

http://welcometoappaloosa.warnerbros.com/

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Appaloosa Trailer.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 08:24:41 PM »
Capt.,  Thank you for posting this.  I agree.  The film looks extremely promising.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Offline piebiter

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 07:04:29 AM »
Capt.,  Thank you for posting this.  I agree.  The film looks extremely promising.

Same here. :)

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:51:27 PM »

Offline Virginia Reb

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 07:15:33 AM »
I looked at the trailer and now I am excited about seeing another new western.  Unfortunately, I looked on IMDB.com and seen where it is going to be released on October 3rd (limited).  Which means that if it don't make a good bit of money then it will go straight to DVD.  You would think that a movie with some fairly big name actors in it like, Renee Zellweger, Jeremy Irons, Ed Harris and Viggo Mortensen.  That movie would be released on a nationwide scale.  But, then again the last western released, I believe, was Brad Pitt's Jesse James movie.  It went pretty much straight to DVD.  I still haven't seen it.  I will have to say that I liked Viddo Mortensen in the movie Hidalgo. 

Offline Charlie Bowdre

• PISTOLARO .
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Charlie Bowdre
  • SASS #: 87747
  • GAF #: 502
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 09:20:23 AM »
Good looking movie clip . hope it pans out
dutchy
"I'm too old to go soldiering any more , too stiff in the joints to ride point and too dam fat to wrestle drunks Any day they don't pat you on the face with a shovel is a good one"

BOLD 887 
Bvt.Major  Chaplain  GAF  502 
STORM 271 
SASS 87747
CHINOOK COUNTRY

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 11:27:42 PM »
I got my popcorn and milk dudds and my orange drink, bring on the WESTERN!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline St. George

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS , GAF, B.O.L.D., Order of St. George, SOCOM,
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 09:55:43 AM »
It's 'based' on the novel that Robert B. Parker wrote, and if you're familiar with his private eye writings ('Spenser'), there's a helluva lot of formulaic conversation and musings about 'the meaning of friendship' and 'a man's gotta do' that have been his stock in trade.

They surely better have fleshed the movie out...

'Appaloosa' is the predecessor to 'Resolution' - apparently Parker's trying out a new series.

Vaya,

Scouts Out!

"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Offline Black Powder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Not messed with since 1956
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 10:26:40 AM »
Hope it does well.  Gives some of our pards work: http://www.carricoleather.com/mcclellansaddles/moviepage.html.

BP
I've got my excuses and I'm stickin' to 'em.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 04:07:19 PM »
Folks are talkin about this one on the NCOWS forum too. 
     My birthday is in October, it'd be nice if this one was in the theater at the time.  Looks like a good one.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2008, 09:27:36 PM »
It's 'based' on the novel that Robert B. Parker wrote, and if you're familiar with his private eye writings ('Spenser'), there's a helluva lot of formulaic conversation and musings about 'the meaning of friendship' and 'a man's gotta do' that have been his stock in trade.

They surely better have fleshed the movie out...

'Appaloosa' is the predecessor to 'Resolution' - apparently Parker's trying out a new series.

Vaya,

Scouts Out!

Robert B. Parker also wrote the Jesse Stone novels.  The film versions starred Tom Selleck and were very interesting.  I haven't read one yet, but have Stone Cold in my pile of "to reads".

I'm looking forward to this movie because the actors are all top notch.  Let's hope it won't be a let-down.
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Will Ketchum

• Chief of Detectives
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Pete Ersland
  • SASS #: 4222
  • NCOWS #: 133
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 05:06:13 PM »
I have read all of Robert Parker's books.  They make for good reading during our cold Wisconsin winters.

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2008, 02:39:32 PM »
ED Harris always does a good job and I enjoyed the other guy whose name escapes me at the moment that was in Hidalgo.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Mossyrock

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2008, 09:27:56 PM »
Ed Harris also starred in one of my favorite Westerns which, for some odd reason, has never been released to DVD: "Riders of the Purple Sage".  It starred him, his wife Amy Madigan, Henry Thomas (the kid from "E.T."), and Robin Tunney.  Great flick....
Mossyrock

"We thought about it for a long time... 'Endeavor to persevere.' And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union."

Lone Watie

Offline Top Kick Ken

• Top Active Citizen
  • Oscar S. Johnson, GAR, My Great Grandfather.
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2008, 02:45:37 AM »
Viggo Mortensen is the actor in Hidalgo, The movie looks promising. 

I'd really like to see at least one really good western come out every year.  Too much to ask?  I think not!
Respectfully Submitted,

Top Kick Ken
Sergeant Major, Department of the Pacific
Grand Army of the Frontier

GAF #71
BOLD #943
SASS #47880L

Offline J.R. Logan

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2008, 07:31:56 PM »
DVD release Jan 13th.

J. R. Logan

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2008, 07:28:49 AM »
That will be good. A new edition to the video Libary.

Offline Willie Dixon

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SSS #245 STORM #362 SCORRS C&BWarthog
    • my Pinterest, specifically cowboy related board
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2008, 10:03:58 PM »
Jeremy Irons looks to be a good bad guy too.  I love the cast of this one!  Looking forward to this... I haven't been this excited about a western since GUN the video game and before that, the movie, Tombstone.  I hope this is good.
At 25, you need to follow dreams or you'll regret it later. 

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes

Offline HorsePen Henry

• Horse Pen Henry aka M.T. Hulls
  • Top Active Citizen
  • My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys...and Indians.
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2009, 04:40:40 AM »
Howdy boys, this one is supposed to be out fer sale in a couple a more days. I have a birthday coming up and I already asked the cook if I could maybe have this movie for my b'day present.  ;D

She said we'll see.  :-\   ;)

Horse Pen
The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best.
-Will Rogers-

The price of FREEDOM is in blood and money and time. Mostly in blood. It aint free.
Belly up to the bar and quit yer bitchin'. Be grateful to those who have paid the ultimate price.
-Horse Pen-

"Never squat with yer spurs on and never high five a baby after waffles."
-author unknown, but it coulda been Will Rogers-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2009, 01:21:03 PM »
It came out Tuesday.  Rented it and promptly fell asleep (not the movie's fault).
     Gave it a run yesterday and have ta say I really enjoyed it.  Wife thought it was too slow, but the lack of background music added to it fer me.  Real sounding gunfire was nice ta hear instead of the token "crack crack".  Good story, great acting, an it was easy ta despise Zelwigger's character so she did her job well too.  Loved the Emmet Hitch character, wife loved the marshall. 
Good stuff.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 274
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2009, 06:12:29 PM »
Leo,
the same thing happened to me. I bought the DVD at Wal-Mart yesterday and fell asleep before the trial started (definitely not the movies fault). That same thing happened to me with Comanche Moon also. I did wake up and was able to finish watching the entire movie. I've watched it in the theater once before and thoroughly enjoyed watching it again last night. My wife also thought it was slow but westerns are not her cup of tea..

IMHO I think Appaloosa is a great movie and I'm sure I'll be watching it again real soon
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com