Author Topic: HOT TUBS...........  (Read 5765 times)

Foothills Drifter

HOT TUBS...........
« on: April 03, 2004, 07:23:53 PM »
Howdy......
My wife has wanted a hot tub/jacuzzi for a long tine and just happened to 'drive by' a parking lot sale at the factory selling you know what! She came home and told me what a great deal they were and I should drive down and look at them with her......what the heck....I'll take a look, what harm will it do :o  We got there and I looked at the one she had her heart set on. It seated three (interesting number,I prefer two) She told me all about it (just like she had factory training) The salesman came up and looked me in the eyes and said "what do you think?" I said 'I think I have been set up!' I told him. The next thing I knew I was signing on the dotted line and the proud owner af a new hot tub!!!! I had my reservations about the whole deal, but the wife wanted it, we have been mairred 31 years and she seems to get what she wants, so...........
It got delivered, the electrition did his thing and I got to tell ya I think it's the best money I ever spent!!!! It's been operating for a week now and after a few of days in that thing I am starting to feel a whole lot better then I have in a long time :D The places I have been hurtin in the past ain't hurtin real bad no more. I never thaught 103 degrees could feel so good :D ;D :D ;D
The sign at the steps says 'NAKED ONLY'.... ;D
If ya got one...... tell me / us about it.
I feel a whole lot more like I do now then I did before  ;)

Good shootin......
Vern... 8)

Offline Will Pluggum

• Mesa, Arizona
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS 57339, NRA
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: HOT TUBS...........
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2004, 10:05:14 AM »
Foothills...are you doin' a little fishin' here?  O.K., I'll bite.  Don't have a hot tub  but once me n' the wife dump a whole jar of alkie-seltzers in the tub and just sort of sat on 'em, ya know what I mean?  The next thing I knows.....well............never mind. ::) ;D
Enjoy your new tub, understand they are very relaxing......be careful about mixing alcohol and hot tubing, it can be very bad news......adios    Pluggum
N.R.A. ....the big posse' is keepin an eye on them bushwackers for us....JOIN UP!   www.nra.org

Foothills Drifter

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2004, 10:25:52 AM »
Howdy......
We tried the Alkie-Seltzer in the bath tub but the bubbles didn't last long enough. However, my stomach did feel a lot better when we were through :o

Good shootin......
Vern... 8)

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:03:04 AM »

Offline Tres Equis

• Low Plains Drifter
  • Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2004, 06:33:01 PM »
Spas are good for relaxing.  We had a pool and a spa.  The pool didnt hardly get used at all and the spa was fair busy. 

I figure that next time we do something that involves water we will get a custom giant sized inground spa... maybe 12 feet in diameter.  That will be big enough for the younguns to play in and small enough so that it don't cost a fortune to run.
"I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it."

Offline Terry

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2004, 12:42:33 PM »
I'm on  my second one.  This one is outside under an open ended/roofed enclosure and runs 24/7/365...it's a tad nippy getting out of the thing in the winter and luckily the neighbors are far away :)   But they're great....

Offline Sagebrush Burns

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2004, 05:07:38 PM »
Possibly the best invention since sliced bread--got ours about three years ago and use it pretty much every evening.  Ours is outdoors just out side our bedroom and the sky watching is excellent:  stars and constellations, shooting stars, satellites, etc....

Offline Marshal'ette Halloway

• The Marshal's Boss & Head Rebel Rowser
  • Peace Officer
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Two theories to arguin' with a woman. Neither work
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2005, 01:58:54 PM »
As ya'll know~ I am a massage therapist..and I recommend them 150%.
The difference you will feel is like night and day.
If you can't afford to hire me at least once a week, then a hot tub is the next best thing.*grinning*

When I divorced, my wonderful hot tub stayed on the deck.. (along with purt near everything else I had helped work for for 25 years.. but THAT is a subject best left alone) LOL 
So I am without one for the time being. And I can feel the effects of that every morning.
I can still go down and use it anytime I want, but isn't the same as stepping out your back door and stepping in one.

So Marshal and I will be fixin' on gettin' one here at the house, before the winter sets in.
My other one was an 8 person Hot Springs. I can't afford that big of one, so I imagine we will be looking for a 2-4 person.
The jets and motor size is the main thing to focus on anyway.
And we women can stand the water hotter  And  Will is right..be careful of having a few too many "toddies for the body" and getting in a hot tub.as it can really  mess with your blood pressure.
 Just a fact.

And..they are expensive..but well worth the therapy they give your old bones and muscles.

( if someone knows a brand that isn't too great, or one that is.... ya' might want to share that fact. There are so many out there on the market, it is hard to know,wiithout word of mouth, what is good and what isn't.)
SASS #56524, BCVC #26

The smell of heaven is Fresh Baked Bread and Gun Powder.

Offline Sixgun Murray Greenblatt

• Active citizen
  • Fac ut vivas.
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2005, 02:17:00 PM »
Mom and dad have had one since  before I was born.  As a matter of fact dad has always said that all 3 of us are a result of the hot tub and a bottle of wine.  Dad's had his back broken and 7 knee operations, I've had numerous wrestling injuries culmenating with shoulder surgery so theraputically they are wonderful.   But they are just excellent at the end of a stressful day.  He and mom bought one for the frat house a couple of years ago.  Dad's and the one at the house are Jacuzzi brands.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Foothills Drifter

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2005, 02:27:12 PM »
Howdy Marshal'ette......
I might be able ta afford you  :o  ;)  but the two or three day drive (each way)  would kill me.
Ours was made by CALDERA SPAS. I like it a lot,never a problem.

Good shootin......
Vern...  ;D

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2005, 03:33:47 PM »
Got a SofTub in July a year ago.  Seats two (Shoulda got the biggest one) and I like it because it's portable...I can take it aparrt and roll it through any door in my house.  (I know a guy who has one on the rear deck of his cabin cruiser.)  Finally got a pad poured just for the tub, but before that had it in four locations in the first 45 days, including a week of sitting in the yarrd on the grass. 

No heater...it has a water jacket around the pump motor and scavenges heat from that...and runs off of 110 volt house currrent.  We put in a dedicated line for it and have a steel framed, cloth topped gazebo over it until I can get a permanent enclosure put up.

Am I in it every night?  No, but close.  At least fout night a weel, rain or shine.

It's a fantastic invention and at $4,000 complete with the wiring and concrete pad, it's cheaper than most.

I love my backyard 'crock pot'.  103-104 degrees is marvelous and in really hot weather, we go the other way and set it at 98 to cool down.

One downside to the SofTub: it takes about 48 hours for it to reach temperature once you fill it, and I drain and refill it once a month.

Big upside: it uses about as much current as two forrty watt light bulbs once it's up to temp.

Others I've sen in the price range areen't as good and those that cost more, cast a LOT more.  Most are bigger and as portable as a block of apartments.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Sod Buster

• My Barn, My Rules
  • Top Active Citizen
  • What happens in the Barn - Stays in the Barn
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2005, 05:05:09 PM »
As ya'll know~ I am a massage therapist..and I recommend them 150%.
The difference you will feel is like night and day.
If you can't afford to hire me at least once a week, then a hot tub is the next best thing.*grinning*

Do ya wear your cowboy duds when givin' the massage? Hmmmmmmmmmmm......<dreaming>
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

• Peace Officer
  • Top Active Citizen
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2005, 08:11:45 PM »
** ** No I don't.

But the only time you would even see me is after I turn you over to your back...
and seldom is anyone's eyes open for more than a second or 2 by then.
But I make you so relaxed and jellified that you don't know or care what I am wearing.
But I did have a guy offer me 200 dollars once if I would give him is massage in my chaps.

Nothing else........... just my chaps..

I had to turn that down... dang it... LOL LOL

SASS #56524, BCVC #26

Foothills Drifter

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2005, 08:22:40 PM »
** ** No I don't.

But the only time you would even see me is after I turn you over to your back...
and seldom is anyone's eyes open for more than a second or 2 by then.
But I make you are so relaxed and jellified that you don't know or care what I am wearing.
But I did have a guy offer me 200 dollars once if I would give him is massage in my chaps.

Nothing else........... just my chaps..

I had to turn that down... dang it... LOL LOL

OH DOCTOR..... :o  :o  :o  ;D  ;)  ;)

Vern...  8)

Offline Brazos Bucky Smith

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2005, 08:35:06 PM »
 ;) Well, I hope that feller was the Marshal!  If'n not is the feller full of holes curtesy of the Marshal? :o :o  Anyways, We've had our hottub since '93.  Same one!  keeps a workin' and is in great shape.  Ours in on the back deck under the deck roof.  Over the tub is clear panel plexyglass. Can see the stars at night, and keeps the NorthWest rain (of which we seem to get often) off our heads.  Got a new top a few years, as the old one just plum wore out.

I've used it more in retirement than I ever did while working.  Great to go out day or night and just kick back and relax for a while!  And, you are right ma'am, it is easier on the women folk.  My wife jumps right in, i have ta kinda ease myself in with a few oows and haas til a get past that certain point ::), but is it well worth it.  Its a six person spa by CAL SPAS.

Speakin of Massages, I can handle a massage and really enjoy the relaxation.  My wonderful wife, she had to quit gettin' um in the office where she works.  Dental office all the staff would have a massage therypest come in onct a month.  My wife, would start to get her massage and just plain pass out!  Lady givin' the massage had no answer, but would not do her wonders on my wife thereafter.  Don't thnnk is a medical situation, she passed out gettin' her ears pirced, and given blood! ha ha, They won't let her do that again either! ha ha ;D  Any thought on that ma'am>

Brazos
Brazos Bucky
"A man oughta do what he thinks is right."
BOLD #566, NRA Life (Endowment)
SASS #59058, SBSS #1605, SCORRS

• Peace Officer
  • Top Active Citizen
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2005, 12:13:56 AM »
Speakin of Massages, I can handle a massage and really enjoy the relaxation.  My wonderful wife, she had to quit gettin' um in the office where she works.  Dental office all the staff would have a massage therypest come in onct a month.  My wife, would start to get her massage and just plain pass out!  Lady givin' the massage had no answer, but would not do her wonders on my wife thereafter.  Don't thnnk is a medical situation, she passed out gettin' her ears pirced, and given blood! ha ha, They won't let her do that again either! ha ha ;D  Any thought on that ma'am>

Brazos

Yes sir~~ I can talk to you about that.
Three are all kinds of massages. Some give a very light touch ..then there are the gentle rubs...others dig the tips of their fingers in you and do pressure points.. there are many many kinds and ways. And I don't know the kind of massage your wife was getting.

"I do "my own thing"....
 I give a long stroke, very firm, deep muscle massage technique. I use my hands and fingers in a very firm manner  to work out difficult muscle masses in the parts that the person has the most trouble with. I will work very hard on the body  moving the energy and blood circulation towards the heart. Your massage therapist should ALWAYS be working the massage towards the heart area.. not rubbing Down too much on the arms and legs etc..
I have ..on occasion , had a client have to have help setting up when I am done, or say that they feel real dizzy after a massage.
 This is because all the blood is flowing and the circultion is moving in places that have been stagnant.
 I explain it to them like this...
The body sometimes gets like old metal pipes. They get all corroded up and the opening to let the blood flow through gets clogged up. Regular massage will open those pipes.. tear down the build up and get the pipes to running smootly again.
but when you get the blood going and the circulation moving, sometimes it messes with the blood levels some.

When that happens it is a good sign that person is low on vitamins.
She needs to be taking (calcium .. at lease 1500-2,000 mg a day) and, (magnesium /zinc ), and potassium .
I,000 units of Vit. E and Vit. C..and B vitamins w/ iron. Remember to not take too much iron..Too much iron will constipate you, ..but if you have any problem with that.. there is the herb Cascara Sagrada..that is the best natural ingrediant for regularity... Some people think that a multi vitamin is good enough..
 It isn't. You need a multi, PLUS the other stuff. I take herbs too and drink an ounce of pure aloe vera juice before I go to bed.
If you are suffering from leg, calf or foot cramps at night.. keep a salt shaker by the bed. ( if you can have salt)
When the leg cramp starts.. put about 1/2 teaspoon in your hand and lick it. Cramps will be gone in about 20 seconds.. if it is a severe cramp, use a little more salt.
 If you can't have salt.. double up on your potassium and calcium/magnesium  ( that is what your body is telling you that you are lacking).
And stretch.. The body needs walking and stretching.

When I give massages, she would start out on her stomach..face down.. then I turn her over, do the front side and when I finish up ..I do the head and face and ears etc... and I  work the neck on both sides and go slowly and gently on the face and throat... settling the energy of that person.
I would then allow for about 10 minutes past her hour.. and put one of my flax seed neck pillows under her neck..allowing her blood level to come to normal..bring her in some water.. have her drink some of that from a  straw..while lying down... let her rest a bit more and then help her slowly to sit up.. have her sit and drink some more water..and then when she is ready.. get dressed... That is what I do to my clients who have that problem.. it works beautifully and the problem disappears after  massages are given on a regular basis. After massage.. you need to stay away from alcohol and caffeine for the rest of the day and night and drink lots of water..
 A massage brings LOTS of toxins to the surface and water will finish flushing them all out..

I hope that might have helped.. sorry I kind of got carried away.. but I love my work .

SASS #56524, BCVC #26

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2005, 12:25:09 AM »
My first massage was after a four day typhoon on Okinawa.  Line at the massage parlor was out the door and down the block.  I went to get my name on the list and was told three hours unless I didn't care what the lady looked like.

I got Kai.  She was about 4'8", 70 lbs, and looked to be more than 400 years old.

After an hour and fifteen minutes of Japanese bath and massage I felt good enough to tackle a whole herrd of wildcats, but I was so relaxed I couldn't be bothered.

All the guys wanted some young cutie to work on them, but I never got another massage on "The Rock" from anyone else.  I left in late '68 and when I went back in '74 she was still there and still remembered me.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com