Author Topic: New Vaquero Parts  (Read 5130 times)

Offline Dusty Walker

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New Vaquero Parts
« on: July 22, 2008, 09:26:10 PM »
I think the pawl on my new vaquero got a wore spot on it or something, and when Ruger was contacted by my gunsmith, they said they weren't selling the parts to the new guns. So I had to send it back to Ruger. The gun has had only about 400 rounds fired through it. So, my question is, if it happened again, could a pawl from the original model vaquero be fitted to the New Vaquero?

Offline Kinda Sudden

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: New Vaquero Parts
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 03:01:10 AM »
No, and you should not have future  problems as the pawls on the NV are not troublesome. Other then a defective pawl which is always possible with anything Ruger makes, the pawl spring was probably the problem.

Offline santee

• Keeping the Spirit of the Old West Alive
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The business end of a sixgun earns no interest.
    • Arizona Ghostriders
  • SASS #: 2171
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 08:43:05 AM »
Why aren't they selling parts for the new guns?
Historian at Old Tucson Studios
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:25:42 PM »

Offline Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live To Fight Another Day
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 03:18:51 PM »

Howdy Dusty

I had the same problem with one of my NMRV, the paw spring seperated from the plunger and would mess up the cylinder rotation, I replaced the paw spring and plunger , and it works like new, here is the web site with the part # in blue or ss.

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/catsearch.aspx?k=RUGER%20PAW%20SPRING%20AND%20PLUNGER&ps=10&si=True
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Offline Dusty Walker

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 07:13:25 PM »
The gunsmith was going to replace the pawl spring and plunger too. He said the pawl looked to have a wore spot on it, and thought maybe it was a bad casting job. He called Ruger to try to get the parts and they told him they weren't selling those parts to anybody because it was there new model gun. They said the parts had to be fitted at the factory. So, I sent it back to Ruger. Any ideas on what turnaround time is. Ruger said 4-6 weeks, is that about right?

Offline Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live To Fight Another Day
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 09:17:40 PM »
Dusty I got mine back in three weeks , but was for a different reason than yours, but rest assured your gun will come back perfect.. 8)

TW  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Offline Dusty Walker

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 06:39:09 PM »
Well, I have an update on my pistol. I called Ruger last Monday to check on the status of my gun. They said it should be getting done and it might ship in a few days. I called them this Monday to check to see if it had shipped yet, because I wanted to shoot in a match this weekend with it. They said it had been sent to refinishing and it would be another 4-6 weeks. I asked why, they said they put a new cylinder on it, and it had to be finished to match the gun. I told them they had already had it for 6 weeks, and I was expecting to have it by Friday to shoot in a match Saturday. They said they would put that note on the computer. I told them I would miss next months match if it took them another 6 weeks. So, I'm a little upset about it. But, I'll get over. A buddy of mine is going to let me borrow his pistol. But, it isn't like mine.

Offline Dusty Walker

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 05:59:02 PM »
I got a call from Ruger this morning and they said they shipped my pistol today. They sent it next day, so I should get it tomorrow. At least i'll have it for my next match.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com