Author Topic: Buffalo Bros. Grips for Schofields, anyone using them?  (Read 2775 times)

Offline Marshal Tac

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Buffalo Bros. Grips for Schofields, anyone using them?
« on: July 20, 2008, 06:09:19 AM »
I am thinking about picking up a couple of pairs of the Buffalo Bros. checkered grips for my Uberti Schofield repos and was wondering how difficult they were to fit to the guns. Anyone out there using these grips on these guns that can offer an opinion?
My grip fitting experience is limited at best, and I have few tools besides sand paper and a drill press... (and I hope I don't need the drill press to fit grips!)

Any info from experience would be appreciated.

An a similar note, anyone using these grips got any complaints/issues? I like the look of the white faux Ivory against the deep blue of the guns.

Thanks in advance,
-Tac
-Marshal Tac
"Well Mayor, I think we did our good deed for the day."
BOLD #763
SBSS #1909

Offline Jubel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Buffalo Bros. Grips for Schofields, anyone using them?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 09:59:16 AM »
Cousin

Two important questions to ask the vendor, #1 are the escutions installed, and #2 is the mounting screw the correct length for your revolver. These questions are important unless you own a drill press for cutting/drilling the mounting holes and recesses. If the screw is not pre sized you will either have to cut to length and de-bur the one sent with the set, or go to your local harware store to match one of the correct length and thread size. I purchased a set of grips for my pocket pistol and had to drill the holes FYI.
Cousin we been ashooten at each other all day! How about we stop for a beer then we kin go home and get our axes. Or just as good, lets forget this whole dang feud, I'm agetten too old for this anyhow!

Offline Marshal Tac

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 05:35:11 AM »
Thanks for the perspective Jubel. Buffalo Bros. is local to me, so I can buy them directly from the manufacurer, but I wasn't interested in paying them to fit them to the guns if I didn't have to.

As far as the screws go, I have the means and ability to grind them to fit. I am not so confident in my ability to center and drill the holes for the escutions.

-Tac
-Marshal Tac
"Well Mayor, I think we did our good deed for the day."
BOLD #763
SBSS #1909

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:26:27 AM »

Offline Marshal J.D.Lightning

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 05:25:14 AM »
Marshal Tac,

I have & use the Buffalo Bros grips on both of my schofields & love them  ;D ;D

To answer the two important questions; #1 are the escutions installed, and #2 is the mounting screw the correct length for your revolver.
1# You have to drill the hole through both grips & then counter sink the holes to fit the escutions. The grips come with instructions & give you the size of the drills you will need.

2# the mounting screw is too long & you have to cut it to suit.

3# A little sanding is needed but let me tell you if I can do all this, anyone can  ::) ::) ::)

Have a look & see what you think.

Take care, shoot straight & enjoy them Schofields.

Lightning.
Marshal J.D.Lightning
Provost Marshal. US Cavalry
GAF #422
BOLD #720
BOSS #82
RATS #507
SASA #2528

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com