Author Topic: Camping accessory reviews  (Read 178504 times)

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Camping accessory reviews
« Reply #220 on: August 06, 2008, 07:32:42 PM »
We got a restored B-17 this weekend. The Liberty Belle. They’re sellin’ rides but the radio spots only say they’re not cheap. Ain’t ridin’ half way ta Carolina ta find out.

I'd pay, but that's jus me.  My uncle was a tail gunner on one an I've been attracted ta em ever since hearin the stories.  I got his dog tags an his special ring, would be great ta ride in a plane of the same make he fought in.

Rib cook off is on fer us.  Care less if I have ta shove yuppies outta ma way er not.  PM me the details Russ an mebbe we can git Scarlet ta chow down with us.  Want ta make room reservations soon as possible ta get a good rate.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #221 on: August 06, 2008, 07:33:24 PM »
By the way I forgot the 45th National Championship Air Races:   Sept 10-14/
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Scarlet Angel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #222 on: August 06, 2008, 07:59:31 PM »
I know Old Sac is having Gold Rush Days Aug 29 or 30th-Sept 1. Our group saddles up and goes on down. There is also something else that weekend I have promised to do with my husband...But I'm wondering he could get off Wed or Thurs when the crowds are not as big and maybe we'd make it over.  Hmmmm
"The Scarlet Angel, heaven and hell all rolled into one.... I’d hate to be the one on the hell side.” ~Patches McDuff

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."  Mark Twain

Advertising

« Reply #223 on: Today at 06:33:06 PM »

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #223 on: August 06, 2008, 10:27:50 PM »
Here's a link to John's website fot the Cook Off.  Let me know if and when you guy's may show up!!

http://www.nuggetribcookoff.com/
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #224 on: August 07, 2008, 07:44:57 AM »
Leo, You need to go the the PLanes of Fame mueseum in Chino. They have got a lotta Warbirds, some of which are rare.  My job has afforded me the priviledge of visiting most of the WarBird museums except the Smithsoanian in DC.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #225 on: August 07, 2008, 09:01:37 AM »
Arcey, a ride in that bird would probably be in the $350- $400 range for about half an hour or so. Them things ain't cheap to run oil and gas wise. Leo, that tail gunner position is pretty cramped, almost as bad as the ball turret. You almost have to be horse jockey size to fit in there. I'd love to do a ride in one of those myself.............Buck 8) ::) ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #226 on: August 07, 2008, 09:10:48 AM »
Yer most likely right, Buck. Early nineties, late step father paid two ‘n waited all day for the thing to fill to take a ride in a Tri-Motor. He did get ta sit co-pilot. All they did was take off, circle the airport ‘n put it down. I ain’t that interested.   
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #227 on: August 07, 2008, 09:11:45 AM »
this weekend is the Grape Festival up at Tonitown Ark.  just West of Fayetteville,  Grape stomping is high noon saturday,  with an Italian food cook off, judging at 11,  eat it all up afterwards.  I think they said they over 100 entrants. ;D
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #228 on: August 07, 2008, 10:26:37 AM »
That Grape stompin' otta make for some smelly grapes.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
« Reply #229 on: August 07, 2008, 08:32:44 PM »
That Grape stompin' otta make for some smelly grapes.

Purple athletes foot  :o
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #230 on: August 07, 2008, 08:44:47 PM »
Leo, You need to go the the PLanes of Fame mueseum in Chino. They have got a lotta Warbirds, some of which are rare.  My job has afforded me the priviledge of visiting most of the WarBird museums except the Smithsoanian in DC.

I'll check that one out.  We had a place in Morgan Hill called The Flying Lady that was a great private collector's museum.  Marshall Will might know of it an I hope it's still there.

Leo

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Scarlet Angel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #231 on: August 07, 2008, 08:55:26 PM »
Castle AFB used to have a real nice museum. It was small but I got to see alot of the planes with the paintings on the sides. The base has been closed for some time now but the museum was open after we left..don't know if it still is.
"The Scarlet Angel, heaven and hell all rolled into one.... I’d hate to be the one on the hell side.” ~Patches McDuff

"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."  Mark Twain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #232 on: August 07, 2008, 09:02:39 PM »
That painting is called "Nose Art".  There several books of pictures of this "Nose Art".  The CAF, of which I am a member of has a hanger in Midland ,Texas.   Before the old planes were scraped, they cut out the "Nose Art". These pieces of the fusealoges are hanging on the walls of the hanfar.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #233 on: August 07, 2008, 09:17:54 PM »
Here's my trusty lighter.  You'll recognize it Tex...

Roland Deschain

Offline Scarlet Angel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #234 on: August 07, 2008, 09:22:05 PM »
Been to alot of Air Museums..history, military.

If anyone gets to San Diego the USS Midway is very cool.
My dad served on her for a short time.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #235 on: August 07, 2008, 11:28:50 PM »
Been to alot of Air Museums..history, military.

If anyone gets to San Diego the USS Midway is very cool.
My dad served on her for a short time.

Had a cousin was a cook on the Midway
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #236 on: August 08, 2008, 04:02:26 AM »
There is a bunch of old ships in the harbor at Charleston, SC.  The WWII aircraft carrier Yorktown and others are there.  The Lexington is at Corpus Christi.  The Intrepid is in NYC.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #237 on: August 08, 2008, 04:11:00 AM »
The Carolina is in Wilmington. I have the Wisconsin downtown. The Washington is razor blades.

No, I ain’t goin’ on another Washington rant.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #238 on: August 08, 2008, 06:48:11 AM »
I'm glad that so many of these great ships were saved from the scrap heap and preserved for everyone to see.  If it weren't for organizations like the CAF, a lot of WWII combat aircraft would have been scraped.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #239 on: August 08, 2008, 05:58:36 PM »
When the NAG gave up their P-51's they were scrapped here in Lincoln at the base.  Some how the HS I went to got a bunch of the bulk-heads for the metal shop class, we cut them up and used them for green sand casting.

Shop teacher had a project we did in the trades class, he had a wooden block we cast then milled.  Still have mine, handle is turned from bar stock.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com