Author Topic: Got my 2nd set of ROAs  (Read 6548 times)

Offline Outrider #72622

• Back in the good old U.S. of A.!
  • Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Got my 2nd set of ROAs
« on: July 05, 2008, 09:38:57 PM »
These have to be the BEST revolvers I have ever owned.  I got a couple of the SS ones on a whim after I heard they were being discontinued.  They are 3 digits apart. 
After screwing with my '60 & '62 repros which never seemed to be reliable  >:( , these shot and worked like a dream.  They seemed to point and shoot even better than my RNVs!!!
I can actually see why some think they are unfair in the Frontiersman category. 
Well, I like them so much, I ordered a 2nd set of blued, cons # with the 5.5" barrel.
MAN ALIVE, I was happy!  Out of 300 balls, I had one glitch and that was me skipping one cylinder with the powder... ::)
Yea, they are not authintic but they are American and work!
Now, if we could just talk Ruger into making some '87 Winchester repros...
DIRTY RATS
LASSOOS

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
Re: Got my 2nd set of ROAs
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 09:59:07 PM »
Pictures please!
     The ROA is one of my favorites.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Outrider #72622

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 05:06:00 AM »
Here ya go pard.  I finally got it figured out!
Yep, I guess I really am one of those "DIRTY RATS" now!
DIRTY RATS
LASSOOS

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:30:02 AM »

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 02:02:34 PM »
Thanks fer postin those.
     I got my fix for the day ;)  Beautiful guns, I'm sure you'll cherish them forever.

Leo

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Angel_Eyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 04:41:13 PM »
Got to agree, my ROA's have not let me down yet, but being British it's hard to get info on my guns, perhaps some-one could help? Both serial numbers are very low, 2686 and 5118 with no preceding number. Serial no' 5118 has "Manufactured in 200th year of American Liberty" stamped on the top of the barrel. HELP!!
Trouble is...when I'm paid to do a job, I always carry it through. (Angel Eyes, The Good, The Bad & The Ugly)
BWSS # 54, RATS# 445, SCORRS,
Cowboy from Robin Hood's back yard!!

Offline Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live To Fight Another Day
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 06:13:45 PM »

200 years makes it 1976, but if stated in the 200th year, it could be anything after that

TW  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 11:22:55 PM »
There is a website someone posted in this vast place that gives specific years by SN.  I'll see if I can't dig it up for you.

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Outrider #72622

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 03:30:43 AM »
Here's the one from the Ruger website:
http://www.ruger.com/Firearms/PS-SerialNumberHistory-RE.html
You didn't say if they were blued or SS so I couldn't look the specific ones up.  Looks to me like they all have preceding numbers of 140, 145 or 148.  You might have some pretty unique revolvers there pard!
DIRTY RATS
LASSOOS

Offline Angel_Eyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 05:23:01 AM »
Hi there, Outrider. I have seen the Ruger list and they do all start with a 3 digit number, mine don't. They are both stainless, 7.5" and came with walnut grips (except that when our great and glorious leader Tony Blair (sic) took my .45 Vaquero from me, I  put the Rosewood grips onto 5118 and hand carved a set of punkwoods to send in on the Vaquero. I did the same with nearly all my revolvers and for some of my friends. Just for the record, I had to hand in 11 handguns at a cost of £3500.00 to the British taxpayer. As far as I'm concerned, he gave the rest of the world a bye into the next round of any competition that we used to win Gold in!! If you are where I think you are, good luck and keep your helmet on
Trouble is...when I'm paid to do a job, I always carry it through. (Angel Eyes, The Good, The Bad & The Ugly)

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 05:44:57 AM »
Sorry to hear of it, UK Shooter.  I really feel that your country has screwed you & your self protection.
I hope here in the States that our shooters & citzens can hold on to our RIGHTS.  We need to be vigilant!

Best of luck, Pard!
MG
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline Angel_Eyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 11:15:40 AM »
Thanks, Mustang Greg. I just keep buying and shooting the black stuff through anything I can get my hands on, ( at the right price, being of Scottish birth). I shoot, 2 ROA's, 2 Remmie .36's, a Walker Colt (Uberti), a .44 . Pedersoli Le Page, an Ardesa .45 single shot perc. and a Euroarms .58cal 2 band Enfield, (I think thats everything) Does that make me a reeely dirty RAT???

Offline Angel_Eyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2008, 09:22:10 AM »
By the way, whats a 'Warthog' and some of the other descriptions (please indulge a newbie!) I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon. This is a fantastic website, never been able to access so much useful info from anywhere else, and its all tried and tested.

Offline Sir Charles deMouton-Black

• THE ANCIENT SUBSTANCE ENDURES - ALL LESSER PROPELLANTS SHALL FIZZLE
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 407
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2008, 11:20:40 AM »
Heh! UKShooter;  I am visiting my son & Grandaughter in Reading, Berks.  I am pleased to see that some real folks are managing to get some shooting done here.  I visited the Picketts Hill Marshals last weekend & had a great time.  My son is joining them.

A Warthog;  (this is my interpretation)

1,  Only shoots rounds beginning with 4

2.  loaded to at least traditional full loads.

3.  Enjoys all the sound, fury, and smoke! (BANG - KLANG!)

4.  gamer loads are regarded as just that, or are called "mouse-phart" loads.  (Pphht - tink!)
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, “History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme.”

Offline Angel_Eyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2008, 05:46:01 AM »
Sorry your Lordship, didn't realise I was talking to minor royalty!!! You didnt say where you are from, my son also lives in that area, Church Crookham not far from your son. I have been on the website for the 'Marshalls' and it looks very interesting but it's a bit far for me to visit from Mansfield in Nottinghamshire. I only travel about 60 miles for my comps due to being in less than robust health, but I ain't about to roll over and die yet!(Fingers crossed!)

Offline Sir Charles deMouton-Black

• THE ANCIENT SUBSTANCE ENDURES - ALL LESSER PROPELLANTS SHALL FIZZLE
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 407
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2008, 08:23:43 AM »
UKS;  I am actually a Canuck.  My son got his PhD, married, and a J.O.B. in England, so here I am on Vacation and a getting to know little Evadne.  From Reading to Picketts Hill is an hours travel each way.  Cascity member Ned PepperGB lives near here as well, and Paladin UK is from Portsmouth.  So quite a spread already.

Back in 1974 I spent a very enjoyable evening in THE TRIP TO JERUSALEM pub located in a limestone cave underneath Nottingham Castle.  This Pub is reportedly the oldest PUB licence in England, and second overall to a brewpub somewhere.  It has been a drinking establishment since the Crusades, where Knights would relieve the boredom of waiting for their trip to Palestine to begin.
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, “History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme.”

Offline Angel_Eyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2008, 10:40:14 AM »
OK Sir Charles, Ive just found out how to access members profiles so I now see where you are from. The pub is called 'The Trip to Jerusalem' and I was there just the other week. I've lived in Nottinghamshire for 59 years and have only just been to Nottingham Castle which, as you point out, is built on the cliff over the pub. Have a nice visit with the in-laws.

additional:- I've been in touch with Ned and visited the club website, looks okay.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com